Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper

the guy will never come back to the NFL..... the guy is an egomaniac that would rather be on top of the CFB hill then be a middle of the road big boy coach. He loves the fact that he can control these young kids and they do whatever he wants. He cant lead MEN instead he tries to dictate the weaker younger minds that wont question him. He is a POS

Here's my conspiracy theory...

I think Saban is trying to target me personally by setting up a move to be Cleveland's HC.
Miami is my #1 team and Cleveland is my #2 team.
No bandwagons here...it's been rough for me for many seasons!
So, now Saban wants to get in there and destroy Cleveland, too!
Not that they need any help, but he wants to make sure I suffer even more!

I can't stand that guy!

Who cares, and why the hell would he leave paradise for Cleveland, a team that will never go past Baltimore or Pittsburgh, hell they won't ever make it past Cincinatti.

Sir, are you calling Alabama paradise? If so, you are greatly mistaken. Have you even driven through that place?

Perhaps you are talking about job security while making $5 million dollars a year?

Why are you so sure, Saban wasn't good in the NFL the first time because you can't simply recruit the players you want. You have to be better at judging the talent and working the system in place for acquiring talent better than most of the people in the NFL, who can also be pretty smart themselves. You can't use your name and school prestige and recruit 20 top recruits a year to have the best ones emerge as starters for your team, you have one first round pick and some other draft picks to bring in talent in a predetermined order that may not give you a chance at all at who you want, and you have limited FA and cap dollars to bring in star players. If you make a bad judgement on a top recruit, one of the other top recruits will be there to replace him, or you can just bring in another recruit next year. You mess up a big decision, such as the starting QB position or a 2nd overall pick, and it can handicap your team for years.

In the end, I will always root against Saban, but I'll always feel like I got the last laugh in that a guy who pretty much wrote books about how awesome he was came to the NFL and ended up running away like a little girl because he couldn't handle it.

Everybody runs away from the Dolphins organization or haven't you noticed? It didn't even take Marino long to see it for what it really was.

Another difference between college and the NFL that you failed to mention is that you can't just go out and sign some guy off the street during the season in college if your depth is inadequate, or swing a trade. If you don't have that player or that depth already on the roster through your recruiting, there's nothing you can do about it until next year. That's why a team like Maryland had a linebacker playing QB for 'em this year after they lost 4 QB's to injury.

Saban didn't like the fact that there was always some bean counter peering over his shoulder in the NFL urging him to cut guys because of the salary cap situation, that had nothing to do with football. There's just as many NFL coaches that fail making the transition to college as there are college coaches failing to make the transition to the NFL. A lot of the best coaches the NFL has ever seen required more than one opportunity.

I wouldn't bet on having the last laugh just yet. Hell, you know he's laughing at Miami for hiring an NFL coach who got fired from college to run their offense like Mike Sherman.

As an Alabama guy, I'd support him to no end if he decided to leave and go to the NFL if that's what he wanted to do. It's obvious that he's far too superior in his organizational, motivational, coaching skills, and attention to detail not to get another chance to achieve success in the NFL. If he's bored with the challenge of college football, and that stint with the Dolphins really bothers him that bad..... then he should go.

Not for the money, but because he knows he can win in the NFL with the right situation.

On an earth where Bill parcells roams even Nick Saban could not be the worst human being ever. Parcells has bailed on multiple teams , conspired behind Tony Dungy;s back when he was still coach of Bucs and took way five years of actual building of our franchise.

Not to mention Parcells advising supposed division "rivals" on which coaches to hire.

I'd hope all the high class, high moral, non-judgemental, full of integrity folks down in south Florida who never make mistakes are hospitable to him when he comes down for a visit to win another national title in a few weeks.

After all, the one's who are the most heartbroken and still hold a grudge are the one's who put all their faith in him and defended him like family to begin with just like they do every coach the Dolphins hire.

the guy will never come back to the NFL..... the guy is an egomaniac that would rather be on top of the CFB hill then be a middle of the road big boy coach. He loves the fact that he can control these young kids and they do whatever he wants. He cant lead MEN instead he tries to dictate the weaker younger minds that wont question him. He is a POS

He's coached as many "men" during his time at Alabama as he did in Miami. He has players under him right now that are more mature than a lot of the players in the NFL. Grown men aren't required to call their grandma when it's time for the rubber to meet the road because they're lazy and uncoachable.

Some people have such a hard on for this guy and I really don't get it. We were an average team under him never coming close to sniffing the playoffs. His offenses were terrible both years here and showed 0 signs of looking up. The guy played musical QBs in his 2 years here, with absolutely no foresight for the position. He started 5 different QBs in that time.

However, all these years later people are still hung up on him and think that he would have delivered championships? What in his 2 years here gave you any indictation that he would have done that? When he drated a RB 2nd overall that has had 1 1000 yard season? When he drafted Jason Allen in the first round and couldn't decide on what position to play him his entire rookie year? The guys personality simply isn't compatible with the NFL. In college this dictatorship style can work, but it does not work with grown NFL players.

Finally, and let me make this abundantly clear to everyone Nick Saban had the final say on all personnel moves. This isn't up for debate this is a fact. You can argue that the medical staff dropped the ball but ultimately it was his decision. Randy Mueller was allowed to stay on as GM and help hire Cam Cameron, simply because of the fact he had almost no say under Saban. Look back at his drafting in those two years, and show me where this great brilliant football mind was? Ronnie Brown with 1 1000 yard season was the best player.

Ummmm this is not new news, it was long reported that the we had an agreement with Brees but he failed the physical, thats why we instead signed Culpepper. So what if Saban said out of his mouth to the public for the first time.

Some people have such a hard on for this guy and I really don't get it. We were an average team under him never coming close to sniffing the playoffs. His offenses were terrible both years here and showed 0 signs of looking up. The guy played musical QBs in his 2 years here, with absolutely no foresight for the position. He started 5 different QBs in that time.

However, all these years later people are still hung up on him and think that he would have delivered championships? What in his 2 years here gave you any indictation that he would have done that? When he drated a RB 2nd overall that has had 1 1000 yard season? When he drafted Jason Allen in the first round and couldn't decide on what position to play him his entire rookie year? The guys personality simply isn't compatible with the NFL. In college this dictatorship style can work, but it does not work with grown NFL players.

Finally, and let me make this abundantly clear to everyone Nick Saban had the final say on all personnel moves. This isn't up for debate this is a fact. You can argue that the medical staff dropped the ball but ultimately it was his decision. Randy Mueller was allowed to stay on as GM and help hire Cam Cameron, simply because of the fact he had almost no say under Saban. Look back at his drafting in those two years, and show me where this great brilliant football mind was? Ronnie Brown with 1 1000 yard season was the best player.

You,sir..don't have a freaking clue, do you?
Go back and check out the assit. coaches that Wayne nudged on Nick.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has "Saban trying to clear his name for an NFL job" all over it.

I disagree. I see this as an egotistical move. He thinks he is God now and his ego is so large, he cannot accept anything he ever did wrong. He wants to be perfect, and so any of his mistakes, he wants to explain away as someone else's fault.

They will start to go down and with their drafting I think the Browns will star to improve by how much is up for debate well speculation

Take about 15 minutes and listen to this radio interview by Chris Carter on Saban to the NFL, and Saban in general...

He basically says to take it from someone that covers the NFL and is tied to the NFL.... Saban has a better job at Alabama than the NFL. If everything was true about Saban that permeates the circle of jilted Dolphin fans, so many parents wouldn't go out of their way to make sure their kids had an opportunity to play for him. Chris Carter, Rex Ryan, Jack Del Rio, Mark Ingram's mother... the list goes on. There's a reason why NFL coaches can't get through to Rolando McClain, yet Saban did.

Having an inflated NFL contract and being overpaid to play football doesn't make you a grown man. The blessing to be able to call yourself an NFL player doesn't make you a grown man. People need to start calling it for what it is. You can't control NFL players because of their contracts... it ain't got a damn thing to do with being grown. Adults like Dez Bryant need more babysitters than a daycare....

Furthermore, the NFL wouldn't be in constant contact with Saban asking questions about how he runs his program and the pattern-match concepts he teaches if he wasn't highly respected among the NFL ranks. It's the jilted fans that are lying to themselves constantly.

http://www.973thezone.com/Player/101780691/

Take about 15 minutes and listen to this radio interview by Chris Carter on Saban to the NFL, and Saban in general...

He basically says to take it from someone that covers the NFL and is tied to the NFL.... Saban has a better job at Alabama than the NFL. If everything was true about Saban that permeates the circle of jilted Dolphin fans, so many parents wouldn't go out of their way to make sure their kids had an opportunity to play for him. Chris Carter, Rex Ryan, Jack Del Rio, Mark Ingram's mother... the list goes on. There's a reason why NFL coaches can't get through to Rolando McClain, yet Saban did.

Having an inflated NFL contract and being overpaid to play football doesn't make you a grown man. The blessing to be able to call yourself an NFL player doesn't make you a grown man. People need to start calling it for what it is. You can't control NFL players because of their contracts... it ain't got a damn thing to do with being grown. Adults like Dez Bryant need more babysitters than a daycare....

Furthermore, the NFL wouldn't be in constant contact with Saban asking questions about how he runs his program and the pattern-match concepts he teaches if he wasn't highly respected among the NFL ranks. It's the jilted fans that are lying to themselves constantly.

http://www.973thezone.com/Player/101780691/

The only reason saban controlled mcclain is because in college you dont have the freedom and money you have in the pros. Its not because saban was some great dictator your thinking, its the system, the dicispline it requires to be in that system. I can guarantee you in the pros saban would not be able to control mcclain like that, he is no longer under the college system and has freedom, money, to do what he likes. Another thing you forget to mention, at alabama he doesnt have the millions yet so ofcourse he is going to keep himself clean, he had millions waiting on him in the nfl and he knew he just had to keep his head clean a few years in college to get to it.

The only reason saban controlled mcclain is because in college you dont have the freedom and money you have in the pros. Its not because saban was some great dictator your thinking, its the system, the dicispline it requires to be in that system. I can guarantee you in the pros saban would not be able to control mcclain like that, he is no longer under the college system and has freedom, money, to do what he likes. Another thing you forget to mention, at alabama he doesnt have the millions yet so ofcourse he is going to keep himself clean, he had millions waiting on him in the nfl and he knew he just had to keep his head clean a few years in college to get to it.

Don't take this the wrong way because I'm sure you're a nice kid... you have no idea what you're talking about. None.

McClain was a troubled youngster long before he stepped on campus at Alabama. There's thousands of kids who only had to keep themselves clean and out of trouble for a few years to cash in on the NFL and couldn't do it for a variety of reasons.

Nowhere did I insinuate that Saban was require to be a dictator in order to reach McClain....don't assume you know what I'm thinking. I've known Rolando and had dealings with his family through the court system and football field since he was 12 years old.

Back
Top Bottom