Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper

You know what it is Namor. Deep down they know that had the franchise followed Saban's lead instead of dicking him around, we wouldve had success here. He was the one guy who knew what he was doing. So the fans hate him for leaving. They all know we couldve won with Saban. Brees and Saban wouldve brought us championships. JT owes a ton of his success to Saban's defensive mind.

They are just misplacing their hate. The fans should hate Wayne Huizenga, not Saban. Mr. H was the moron who wouldnt give total control to the man who knew what he was doing. Instead, 2 years later he gives complete control to the totally clueless Bill Parcells and even gives him a contract that allows him to leave whenever he wishes, job done or not.

Mr. H knew he goofed by not letting Saban do his thing. So then he tried to overcompensate with that deal he gave Parcells. Problem is he then turned it over to a guy who isnt even close to Saban's level.

I know if Saban wouldve had 1st pick in 2008, he wouldve drafted Matty Ice. Thing is, had Saban stayed here, there is no way in hell we go 1-15 in 2007.

Actually I agree with you. I believe that Saban is the best coach we had since Jimmy Johnson, problem is he was a quiter, but I miss the attitude that our team showed under him and the way we played the Patriots. Other problem is his drafting wasn't either good, but I think that if paired with a solid drafter he could be an outstanding NFL coach. But he quited us so I would not like him on our team!!!

Anyone that says Saban has done everything he can in CFB does not appreciate the doorstep this man is on. Sure, he left us, but do we really know the whole story? No.

I live in Kentucky and am a Wildcats fan. I go to Rupp Arena once a year.

If you've never truly embraced the college athletics culture, you may not appreciate the impact it has in rural states or states without professional teams. SEC fans outside of Florida understand this. They live in cultures where college football and basketball are integral part of their daily life.

Alabama has nearly 5 million citizens that know Paul "Bear" Bryant, Gene Stallings, Shug Jordan, John Heisman, Pat Dye, Terry Bowden and now Gene Chizik and Nick Saban. Whether you're Roll Tide or War Eagle, it's a lifestyle.

Nick Saban has a chance to become one of the most legendary coaches in college football history. He's in a period of his life that will define his legacy. He's already entered the conversation of greatest football coach of all time, in the next 5 years he could dominate the conversation.

Pass that up for Cleveland? Please.

He makes $5M/year in a rural state. What can Cleveland offer? $6M/year? This isn't about money. He has more collateral in the Bank of Alabama. He's a living legend. Love him or hate him, when Nick Saban goes anywhere in the Southeast, there's not too many people that wouldn't stop to listen to what he has to say. That wouldn't help him change a spare tire.

The next 5 years he has a chance to do things only a handful of coaches can lay claim. And in 10 years, he will probably be only equaled by 1 or 2 college coaches in any sport.

This is why people climb the mountain, to see the view. To have everyone else look up at you.

He might leave Alabama and coach in the NFL one day, but Nick Saban has a date with history. Love him or hate him, the respect has been earned.

NFL fans might wear jerseys and paint their faces on game day, SEC sports is a lifestyle. Don't think that means something? Then you may not appreciate the opportunity Saban has in front of him right now.

I agree with all of this.

f4ipw1-1.jpg

Remove Satan's weiner from your mouth. The man is indeed a college football legend. In the NFL? He failed and did a horrible job of evaluating talent.

Greatest football coach of all time? **** that. Greatest college football coach, maybe.

**** I hate that little worm.

Oh yeah. I hope he goes to Cleveland and fails hard. Proving that he is NOT an NFL caliber coach. After the national championship game last night, I hope Saban rots.

I dont have a link, so I am going by memory here, but I remember it was reported that the Fins made Brees an offer and he scoffed at it - this was back in 2006, so this isnt new news. It sounded like they were using his injury as an excuse to pay him less money and Brees declined the original offer, and then Culpepper came into the picture.

We missed on Brees twice it still kills me. So wanted him drafted in 2001, we take Jamar Fletcher in the first round... A handful of picks before Brees who went in the 2nd. JFC

With brees, saban might still even be coaching us. They woulda overshadowed belichick & brady as the supreme owners of our division. And we'd be at least one time champ by now! All those doctors responsible need to have their license stripped from the board or denyance of practices in miami lol.

With brees, saban might still even be coaching us. They woulda overshadowed belichick & brady as the supreme owners of our division. And we'd be at least one time champ by now! All those doctors responsible need to have their license stripped from the board or denyance of practices in miami lol.

Saban and Brees not sure they overshadow either

Crap.........give it up...damn...it wasn't about bad coaching/good coaching,bad picks/good picks or whatever.
Even with Brees,Nick would have left...He didn't like Miami,didn't like the pro game....HE TOOK A BETTER JOB.
End of story.
The Miami Dolphins havent been relevant in basically 20 years....It hurts me,to say this....but we are the Buffalo Bills WITHOUT
the recent Super Bowl appearances.
This franchise's problems have been running alot deeper than just who our coaches have been.
We have had bad football people though out our franchise,top to bottom,for YEARS.
Miami stopped being a football city when we left the Orange Bowl,when Don Shula was ran off and when Marino was forced out.
Karma is a bitch....We need Florida guys that WANT to be here and have the talent to bring us back.
FACT

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom