NJ Finfans | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NJ Finfans

Grew up in Bayonne...

Now live in Forked River...

That's "Fork"-"ed" River to the uninformed...

Personally, I would never go back to live in Northern Jersey...but I guess that's for another thread...

Became a Fin Fan in '71...

As a matter of fact, I still have the newspaper clippings from the Jersey Journal the day after the Cowboys beat the Fins in the SB...

I was in Miami for my first game Oct '72 against the Bills.

AntMarino13 said:
i hated teel. As either a Sophomore or Freshman he lost the state finals for us when our coach decided to take out Levy and have Teel hand the ball off to end the game. Teel fumbled and then the kicker for Holy Cross i think wont he game with something like a 60 yard field goal. Hes also a ****y *******, and only looked so good because of Toll (3 tds in the all american game his senior year) and now plays for Boston College as a LB and Liverpool who got drafted by the Seattle Mariners out of high school.

Maybe so, but then he won one and was on the #1 HS team in the country I believe!

it's still way to early to plan a fantasy draft. i would suspect that if there is on that is should be broken into regions. for example, south jersey should have it's own league because it will be difficult to get everyone from the state in one venue.

i would suggest... for anyone interested in the South Jersey area that we meet at a bar on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and have a draft and share some Dolphins thoughts over a few beers. We could bring all of our draft supplies and then transpose that information into a yahoo or free cbs sportsline league. Or we could pony up for a pay site. Personally I'd like to play for money and I think it makes it much more interesting and forces people to stay active. I was in a great league with my previous employer and they used www.rtsports.com. it was nice because the waiver wire would be reset every week based on record, there were fees to add/drop players, losses, put players on I/R etc. It would end up costing people a few hundred bucks but the winner would walk away nicely. There was also cash prizes for teams with the most points, best record, etc. My point is if we choose to do it for money, rtsports.com or a similar site would be better than yahoo because it has a lot more options.

I would volunteer my services as commisioner and could handle the cash and coordinate a place if everyone likes. I would just need a head count and geographics of everyone so we could pick a central location. also, people could team up if they want to split costs provided they can get along with managing the team.

Just keep this in mind so we can set up a draft sometime in late august or Private Message me and I'll get a list together now.

Jersey Fin Fans are the best...we tell the JESTS fan to shut their mouth in their own stadium..Nutley in the hizzle!

bdmagnum said:
Grew up in Long Branch and Ocean Township near Asbury Park as a kid. After graduating High School, played some Minor Pro Football with the New Jersey Bears out of South Amboy for two years. They played thier home games at Montclair State.
i went to high school in ocean township.

I am from Phillipsburg NJ representin the Northwest Jersey coast. Right now I am attending Slutgers University in New Brunswick. The Miami Dolphins were the first NFL game I went too with my grandfather and after going to that and a Jets game I realized I loved the dolphins because even at the age of five cheerleaders in skirts could sway my vote, so since then I have grown to love the Miami Dolphins.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Maybe so, but then he won one and was on the #1 HS team in the country I believe!
My family is from the Original Jersey, Jersey Island in the English Channel.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Yes with toll and liverpool to help him. Keep in mind where toll and liverpool are now, Boston College and Seattle Mariners respectively, to where teel is now.

Grew up in Bloomingdale, NJ now live in Barnegat, NJ near Long Beach Island. Became a fan from the "72 year,I think anyway, now age 40. I also try to get to Miami once a year. Missed this year though... (not really) Bar 'A' would be cool. I'm surrounded by Jints/J-E-T-S sux,sux sux.

Back
Top Bottom