Noel Devine kicked off team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Noel Devine kicked off team

DonShula84 said:
With UF pretty likely to get Aramando Allen I dont see why they'd still be after this guy. Still annoys me that a guy who cant hold a C average through a football season will get a scholarship to a Division 1 school.

Same here.

UF Fin Kat said:
he got two girls pregnant, he's getting in fights in lockerrooms, he's apparently also dumb INSIDE the classroom........wow. bobby bowden is drooling right now.

sheit, Bobah's been droolin' for years...and wearin' depends

DonShula84 said:
With UF pretty likely to get Aramando Allen I dont see why they'd still be after this guy. Still annoys me that a guy who cant hold a C average through a football season will get a scholarship to a Division 1 school.

What bothers you about a kid who probably grew up under terrible cirumstances actually getting a shot at making at in life? It's easy to be so condescending, but like someone mentioned his parents died when he was young. Do you know what it's like growing up without parents? I don't and I'm not going to judge some kid for not turning out 100% good natured and motivated as a result of his upbringing.

Crowder52 said:
What bothers you about a kid who probably grew up under terrible cirumstances actually getting a shot at making at in life? It's easy to be so condescending, but like someone mentioned his parents died when he was young. Do you know what it's like growing up without parents? I don't and I'm not going to judge some kid for not turning out 100% good natured and motivated as a result of his upbringing.

Tell that to all the other kids who grow up with lives just as hard as his but dont get an opportunity to go to college because they cant run a 4.3 forty. Lets not pretend that the school cares about his upbringing and that's why they're overlooking his grades.

DonShula84 said:
Tell that to all the other kids who grow up with lives just as hard as his but dont get an opportunity to go to college because they cant run a 4.3 forty. Lets not pretend that the school cares about his upbringing and that's why they're overlooking his grades.

I said nothing about the school, and this has nothing to do with other kids either. Devine has a chance to make a life for himself because of a God-given talent. Why take that away from him?

Crowder52 said:
I said nothing about the school, and this has nothing to do with other kids either. Devine has a chance to make a life for himself because of a God-given talent. Why take that away from him?
If you are not talking about the school...what are his talents going to do for him without school?

Crowder52 said:

Thats whats sad... too many kids these days base their lives on physical ability alone in a sport where that can be taken away in a split second... They need a wake-up call

Cuban Dave 9 said:
If you are not talking about the school...what are his talents going to do for him without school?

I am commenting on the fact that I believe Noel Devine should get a scholarship in spite of his lackluster grades. He will bring the school much more money than they will pay for his scholarship.

Devine then parlays his college career into an NFL one, or hopefully a college degree. Both Devine and the school benefit. I fail to see the problem.

Crowder52 said:
I am commenting on the fact that I believe Noel Devine should get a scholarship in spite of his lackluster grades. He will bring the school much more money than they will pay for his scholarship.

Devine then parlays his college career into an NFL one, or hopefully a college degree. Both Devine and the school benefit. I fail to see the problem.

The problem is if he had troubling earning a high school degree how is going to earn one in college? Should schools give degrees out just because that person will make their football team money? Then some schools wonder why they get a bad rep.

Crowder52 said:

Devine won't get a degree, he'll be out in three years.

In case you guys didn't notice, I said NFL career or a college degree. I still can't see the problem with giving a kid a chance in college when both he and the school benefit from the arrangement. There are plenty of players in the NFL right now who were not smart enough to excel in college, or even earn a college degree. And now they are making a fine living that they otherwise couldn't have. Why you would want to take that away from someone is beyond me.

Crowder52 said:
In case you guys didn't notice, I said NFL career or a college degree. I still can't see the problem with giving a kid a chance in college when both he and the school benefit from the arrangement. There are plenty of players in the NFL right now who were not smart enough to excel in college, or even earn a college degree. And now they are making a fine living that they otherwise couldn't have. Why you would want to take that away from someone is beyond me.

College isnt about getting people to the NFL. Your argument is basically who cares about the academic part of college if you're a good athlete. It's unfair that people get in just because they can run fast but they dont know what 2+2 is. Go to a JC, prove that you can maintain the required GPA and then go to college. There are also plenty of smaller colleges with football teams.

I have yet to see a single reason why he shouldn't be allowed to go to a college like UF or FSU. Plenty of kids are at every college who don't deserve to be there (their parents are boosters, for example). I'm still waiting to hear a legitimate reason.

Crowder52 said:
I have yet to see a single reason why he shouldn't be allowed to go to a college like UF or FSU. Plenty of kids are at every college who don't deserve to be there (their parents are boosters, for example). I'm still waiting to hear a legitimate reason.

Because they didnt earn the right to get in lol. Those other kids shouldnt be there either. Reasons have been given, you are ignoring them

DonShula84 said:
Because they didnt earn the right to get in lol. Those other kids shouldnt be there either. Reasons have been given, you are ignoring them

He will make the university much more money than he will cost them. That is a way to "earn the right" to enroll in the university. Kids go to college not only to excel in academics, but also in extracurricular activities.

Bottom line: both the college and the player benefit. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom