Noel Devine kicked off team | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Noel Devine kicked off team

DonShula84 said:
College isnt about getting people to the NFL. Your argument is basically who cares about the academic part of college if you're a good athlete. It's unfair that people get in just because they can run fast but they dont know what 2+2 is. Go to a JC, prove that you can maintain the required GPA and then go to college. There are also plenty of smaller colleges with football teams.

Honestly that is how it should be . . . but truth be told, it isn't. Do u actually think that these colleges care about these kids getting degrees? Yea they spit that mumbo jumbo to the parents but they don't give a ****. Case in point, if Noel were to go to UF . . . start getting straight A's and decides he wants to be an engineer . . . he would get "kicked out" of school because he is there to play football and the university would take away his scholarship. The only reason these colleges are interested is because of his athletic ability and the amount of money they will get for bringing this kid in. They hope and pray the kid is able to hold a good enough average to maintain grades and all help for him to do that will be provided. If all he needs is a D average, that will be the target . . . its not to better anybody.

This kid has been thru alot in his life and deserves a shot if one is afforded to him, and hopefully he doesn't take for granted the oppurtunity that is given to him.

Kdawg954 said:
Honestly that is how it should be . . . but truth be told, it isn't. Do u actually think that these colleges care about these kids getting degrees? Yea they spit that mumbo jumbo to the parents but they don't give a ****. Case in point, if Noel were to go to UF . . . start getting straight A's and decides he wants to be an engineer . . . he would get "kicked out" of school because he is there to play football and the university would take away his scholarship. The only reason these colleges are interested is because of his athletic ability and the amount of money they will get for bringing this kid in. They hope and pray the kid is able to hold a good enough average to maintain grades and all help for him to do that will be provided. If all he needs is a D average, that will be the target . . . its not to better anybody.

This kid has been thru alot in his life and deserves a shot if one is afforded to him, and hopefully he doesn't take for granted the oppurtunity that is given to him.

I completely agree with everything you said :lol:

Kdawg954 said:

Agreed, that's been my point all along.

Stitches said:
Well, that wasn't how it came across origonally.

Crowder52 said:
What bothers you about a kid who probably grew up under terrible cirumstances actually getting a shot at making at in life? It's easy to be so condescending, but like someone mentioned his parents died when he was young. Do you know what it's like growing up without parents? I don't and I'm not going to judge some kid for not turning out 100% good natured and motivated as a result of his upbringing.

Did you read nothing I wrote? This was my first post. It's almost identical to what the last poster wrote.

Crowder52 said:
Did you read nothing I wrote? This was my first post. It's almost identical to what the last poster wrote.

I read what you wrote, and also read what you were replying to, where Don was talking about it being annoying that someone gets a full scholarship to a top university when they can't even hold a C average in high school. Don even replied to what you first wrote with the same things I would have said. Plenty of people out there have it tough, and make the grades to earn a chance at a top university. In your first post, you made it seem like he deserved to have a shot, simply because of his percieved difficulties as a youth. That's why I'm saying it didn't come off the way you may have intended at first.

Motion said:
:yeahthat:

Great balance
I don't know that I've EVER seen an athlete with better balance, maybe Barry. That's even more impressive than his speed IMO.

the kid is impressive, I am sure someone somewhere will make sure he is elligible to play ball, he is too good.

This kid is the best athlete since Barry Sanders. I have no doubt that he gets a scholarship offer from one of the nations top schools.

NJL52 said:
This kid is the best athlete since Barry Sanders. I have no doubt that he gets a scholarship offer from one of the nations top schools.

One? I think its safe to say he'll have multiple offers.

I hope he goes to UM. He's a great player, and i pretty much agree with what kdawg954 and crowder52 have been saying. I know alot of people who live in the fort myers area and they tell me he's a really bad kid, he got girls pregnant, dosnt go to his classes and gets horrible grades. Like i said, i hope he goes to UM and turns around his behavior, and makes the most of his potential.

Back
Top Bottom