Now that Starks is tagged I think we need to move Odrick to a 3-4 team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now that Starks is tagged I think we need to move Odrick to a 3-4 team

If the Fins really like Jared Odrick . . . he's another guy you resign early at a discount and hope to get the best out of him when either Randy or Paul (or both) part next season. His value continues to be the highest with the Fins because A. We used a first rounder on him and B. He gets paid peanuts ($700,000).

Well he doesnt really get paid peanuts. He signed a 5 year 13 million dollar contract , much of what he makes is bonus and guarantees. His cap value for this season is 2 million which is pretty fair for what he has done. I think after this season if they feel good about him they should resign him. He is still under contract for 2 more years

The sad part about all of this is that we drafted Odrick in the first round - after passing on Dez Bryant, etc. And we are trying to "fit" this guy in somewhere so he can be an "ok" player for us? Or trade him for a 3rd round pick? Another Ireland medicore "value" special...

The sad part about all of this is that we drafted Odrick in the first round - after passing on Dez Bryant, etc. And we are trying to "fit" this guy in somewhere so he can be an "ok" player for us? Or trade him for a 3rd round pick? Another Ireland medicore "value" special...

Repeat after me its all Parcells fault lol

Well he doesnt really get paid peanuts. He signed a 5 year 13 million dollar contract , much of what he makes is bonus and guarantees. His cap value for this season is 2 million which is pretty fair for what he has done. I think after this season if they feel good about him they should resign him. He is still under contract for 2 more years

Well see thats what I'm saying. Most of those guarantees have been paid out . . . so why trade the guy when he makes peanuts annually. His best value to us is right now.

No way would he come that cheap.

oh really...what you think starks would command in trade if he was under contract for one more year??? i bet it's not more than a 3rd rounder...and solia has been primarily a 2 down player...unlike starks

Well see thats what I'm saying. Most of those guarantees have been paid out . . . so why trade the guy when he makes peanuts annually. His best value to us is right now.

I agree trading another high draft pick for less than we put into him is beyond stupid at this point

We should keep Odrick and he should play DT. It's very important to have 3 DTs in a 4-3 that can rotate and stay fresh to get interior pressure on the QB. The middle of our defense is by far the strength of the team and we shouldn't ruin that.

I could see Soliai going, seeing as he has a reasonable contract to trade at $6m/1y. There's not much of a chance of Odrick going anywhere, as Soliai and Starks are both 29, and their contracts expire after next season.

I like Odrick more as a 4-3 DT than as a 3-4 end, personally. His best destiny has always been as a one gap penetrating tackle who can get upfield but who also has enough strength to hold the point. He'll be much more effective this year as part of the rotation with Soliai and Starks, imo. Maybe the best 4-3 interior rotation in football.

However we chose to address the cornerback position this offseason it's liable to be a weakness all year. Being stout up the middle against the run will those guys out a lot. I agree with CK that you can find DT depth but I'd hold onto them all in a rotation for at least another year until we can figure out what the hell we're doing at CB.

What we need is an actual pass rushing threat on 3rd downs. Between Shelby and Vernon I think we can make it fly on run downs, but on third down neither one of those guys gives you all that much rushing the passer. Michael Johnson would have been a nice fit as a full time starter but I think he's going to get tagged if he hasn't already.

I was all about taking Bruce Irvin with our second last year but of course the Seahawks ****ed that up. :lol:

i'll be surprised if the plan is to move odrick to only a rotating 43 dt with starks back...i think we can expect odrick at end an awful lot in 2013...this team needs a situational rusher with serious tools...

ladies and gents i give you BARKEVIOUS MINGO!!!!

Idk Hoops. I'm really on the fence with Mingo.. I like the guys potential, but can he become that pass rusher we're looking for? I'm not really sure. He's pretty raw

If Ireland could resign Starks to 5 year deal then do it.

If not, I'm pulling a (Pats)Richard Seymour deal and sending him to a contender for 2 1st round picks. The working shelf of DL-men stops around age 29-32.

Move Odrick inside and double up on DE's in this being a deep DE draft.

If Ireland could resign Starks to 5 year deal then do it.

If not, I'm pulling a (Pats)Richard Seymour deal and sending him to a contender for 2 1st round picks. The working shelf of DL-men stops around age 29-32.

Move Odrick inside and double up on DE's in this being a deep DE draft.

Did you hypothetical include us SENDING Jared Odrick away in return for 2 1st round picks?

This thread is absurd pretty much from beginning to end. We aren't trading our top 3 DT's. We need them. One injury and and we are calling up Chas Alexcih.

Back
Top Bottom