NY Daily News: Torre Out, Pinella In | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Daily News: Torre Out, Pinella In

unifiedtheory said:
I'm fully convinced that if the Padres throw legit money at Zito he will stay on the West Coast.

Trading Peavy (and others) for A-Rod and signing Zito would be a pretty good offseason.

ZIto's old pitching coach is the pitching coach for the Mets. Don't forget that.

It will come down to $$$$$$ in the end.

MikeO said:
ZIto's old pitching coach is the pitching coach for the Mets. Don't forget that.

It will come down to $$$$$$ in the end.

Didn't Zito say he didn't want to go to NY or was it that both NY teams said they weren't interested?

I really like Peavy and as a redsox fan i hope the yankees don't get him.

UCFinfan86 said:
Didn't Zito say he didn't want to go to NY or was it that both NY teams said they weren't interested?

neither NY team is allowed to say anything or else its tampering!

And if Zito said anything he's a moron cause he just shot is market value down by not having EITEHR NY team throw him an offer

YES Network just reported that Joe Torre staying proves my point I made earlier in the baseball season (I am sure its archived here somewhere). That is GEORGE STEINBRENNER isn't running anything anymore.

Day the Yanks are eliminated George runs his mouth and says Joe is gonna fired, Lou is hired. Called his very close friend Bill Madden of the Daily News and told him that. Less than 3 days later, Joe is staying.

Look, I will say this nicely.........George is an old man. His memory isn't strong anymore according to people close to him. While he isn't senile or on the brink of alzhtimers....he is slowly moving in that direction. And while he is the "figure-head" of the franchise and technically the "owner"........the Cashman's , Swindle's, and Levine's are running the show!!!!

George is an older guy, we all have family members that age. We will all be there someday. You respect them, but some decisions you just don't let them make. George is the owner, but he isn't the decision maker anymore.

Now, I would have fired Torre. But that's just my opinion. The fact he is staying I have no problem with really. I would have liked to move in another direction. But so be it. It didn't happen.

So let's see a TOP 3 Replacement Candidates list from the Yanks fans.....(Assuming Torre eventually does get the boot)

Motion said:
So let's see a TOP 3 Replacement Candidates list from the Yanks fans.....(Assuming Torre eventually does get the boot)

If Lou is out of the picture (as it looks like he will be)

There is only 1 guy. Don Mattingly. He is the "apprentice" currently. He is being groomed for it. If 2007 is Joe's last year, then 2008 its Donnie Baseball!

MikeO said:
If Lou is out of the picture (as it looks like he will be)

There is only 1 guy. Don Mattingly. He is the "apprentice" currently. He is being groomed for it. If 2007 is Joe's last year, then 2008 its Donnie Baseball!

Good idea, I didn't even think of that. I was thinking Girardi.

Joe Torre is staying. The Yanks always tighten up come playoff time....too much pressure....especially for A-Rod. I see A-Rod going to the California Angels or the Dodgers, where he can be low keyed and laid back.

Roman529 said:
Joe Torre is staying. The Yanks always tighten up come playoff time....too much pressure....especially for A-Rod. I see A-Rod going to the California Angels or the Dodgers, where he can be low keyed and laid back.

In exchange for at least 2 real good young pitchers hopefully. :D

[mod]stop trolling the Yankees forum...if you want to talk smack save it for the depths...[/mod]

Here we go........

Someone has a serious obsession.

dob72 said:
[mod]stop trolling the Yankees forum...if you want to talk smack save it for the depths...[/mod]

Punctuation, try to learn how to use it. This is how you spell Humiliated. Not with 2 L's!

just BAN this guy already. He is trolling. His avatar shows his obession on this.

How many slaps on the wrist will he get???

Back
Top Bottom