NY Daily News: Torre Out, Pinella In | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Daily News: Torre Out, Pinella In

UCFinfan86 said:
Mikeo do you think that if Lou doesn't get the NY job this year, he will sign with another team this season??

If a team pays him enough.

Philly is a possibility

Cubs (if they sour on Girardi for some reason) could be a possibilty.

But for him to manage, the money must be right.

i didn't think about philly, chicago was the only team that came to my mind. I don't think lou would wait a year just for NY becasue if the yankees win the WS next year, which could easily happen, torre will keep his job for atleast the next few years, or until he retired.

Rumor has it, the Padres could be interested in ARod.

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, a 31-year-old who has hit 464 home runs, could be dealt because of apparent problems coping with New York pressures. He is guaranteed $98 million from 2007 through 2010, and it's reasonable to conclude that he would find San Diego more relaxing than the Bronx. Count on the Padres being among several clubs linked to a potential Rodriguez trade, but Kevin Towers said, “I think what's out there is pure speculation.”

The padres could really use his bat, but who do they have to trade?? I doubt Peavy is going anywhere. Chris Young is a nice young pitcher, but you would need alot more in the deal. Maybe Adrian Gonzalez as well, but you would still need anohter major piece

UCFinfan86 said:
The padres could really use his bat, but who do they have to trade?? I doubt Peavy is going anywhere. Chris Young is a nice young pitcher, but you would need alot more in the deal. Maybe Adrian Gonzalez as well, but you would still need anohter major piece

There was talk of Peavy being traded to Boston. I could see them moving Jake.

Jake had a bad year this year, but many think its because of that stupid WBC and he never had the correct spring training.

UCFinfan86 said:
i didn't think about philly, chicago was the only team that came to my mind. I don't think lou would wait a year just for NY becasue if the yankees win the WS next year, which could easily happen, torre will keep his job for atleast the next few years, or until he retired.

I think if joe stays, after this year he will retire.

I mean 4 rings.....he has nothing left to prove. He isn't a young kid. He can go home count his money and live a good life!

MikeO said:
There was talk of Peavy being traded to Boston. I could see them moving Jake.

Jake had a bad year this year, but many think its because of that stupid WBC and he never had the correct spring training.

If the Padres traded Jake, that would be a very stupid move imo. He is the anchor of that staff(and just about any staff in baseball in a normal year). Without peavy who would they count on? Woody Williams? Chris Young is the only one worth anything. David Wells will proably retire. You can't count on anything from Chan Ho Park.

MikeO said:
I think if joe stays, after this year he will retire.

I mean 4 rings.....he has nothing left to prove. He isn't a young kid. He can go home count his money and live a good life!

leaving on top would make sense for him

UCFinfan86 said:
If the Padres traded Jake, that would be a very stupid move imo. He is the anchor of that staff(and just about any staff in baseball in a normal year). Without peavy who would they count on? Woody Williams? Chris Young is the only one worth anything. David Wells will proably retire. You can't count on anything from Chan Ho Park.

Yeah but its AROD. One of the Top 2 all around players in the sport!!!!

Plus AROD would sell tickets. He moves product!!! Peavy only pitches once every 5 days and half of those are on the road!! This is a business people. Never forget that!

Plus SD could trade for AROD then so sign Zito.

MikeO said:
Yeah but its AROD. One of the Top 2 all around players in the sport!!!!

Plus AROD would sell tickets. He moves product!!! Peavy only pitches once every 5 days and half of those are on the road!! This is a business people. Never forget that!

For a business move it would be smart, for a baseball move not so much. Pitching > Hitting every day of the week. I guess it just depends on which one SD prefers, they haven't had a icon their since Gywnn back in what? 2000 or 2001.

I really doubt he goes to SD though, that is a toguh park to hit in plus i dont really think they have the pieces other then peavy(and i don't believe he will be traded)

MikeO said:

Zito would fit nicely in that park, but could they afford both?? How much does Peavy make?

also SD might know something about Peavy nobody else does.

Maybe the WBC didn't F' him up this year and maybe it was something else. Who knows.

MikeO said:

I'm fully convinced that if the Padres throw legit money at Zito he will stay on the West Coast.

Trading Peavy (and others) for A-Rod and signing Zito would be a pretty good offseason.

Back
Top Bottom