NY Jets ready to get rid of Mark Sanchez, will explore trade... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NY Jets ready to get rid of Mark Sanchez, will explore trade...

10elips-1.jpg
I'm not a typical fan like most on these boards, I'm sorry if that offends you guys. keep allowing espn to tell you how to think.

Ditto, you and those lonely yet comforting voices in your head.

I'm not a typical fan like most on these boards, I'm sorry if that offends you guys. keep allowing espn to tell you how to think.

So if we think that a QB that ranks poorly throughout his career in almost every statistical category isnt a good QB, we are ESPN sheep? Seems reasonable.

hey nyjunc this is easy. just type "alright guys i admit i was wrong. sanchez sucks. i know i've spent an inordinate amount of time and energy defending him, but the gig is up."

right now you sound like roger clemens adamantly denying his steroid use when everyone knows he's full of ****.

So if we think that a QB that ranks poorly throughout his career in almost every statistical category isnt a good QB, we are ESPN sheep? Seems reasonable.

he was awful this year, he wasn't awful the first 3 years and was top 10 good in 2010. You don't win as much as the Jets did in '09 and '10 w/ poor QB play, you don't win 4 road playoff games w/ poor QB play.

hey nyjunc this is easy. just type "alright guys i admit i was wrong. sanchez sucks. i know i've spent an inordinate amount of time and energy defending him, but the gig is up."

right now you sound like roger clemens adamantly denying his steroid use when everyone knows he's full of ****.

I can always admit the rare times I am wrong. He sucked this year, I have said that over and over but there are valid reasons. Some on him, some not. No QB is having success w/ the healthy weapons he had this year. You can be a typical, whiny Jet fan and want everyone fired at the first hint of trouble or you can be an edcuated fan and realize teams and players have bad years, it doesn't mean you give up on them especially when this QB is still young and helped us to 2 title games. He has double the amount of playoff wins of any QB in Jets history and he's only played 4 years but we should get rid of him b/c whiny Jet fans want to clean house every 3-4 years. Got it.

he was awful this year, he wasn't awful the first 3 years and was top 10 good in 2010. You don't win as much as the Jets did in '09 and '10 w/ poor QB play, you don't win 4 road playoff games w/ poor QB play.

Sanchez was the #50 QB in QB rating that year. Yes, QB rating isnt the end all be all and it has variables, but when a QB cant crack the top 40 at QB in that stat for the year its safe to say they arent top 10. He had a nice run in the playoffs that year. He played well. But how can you be delusional enough to take a few games and use them as just cause to justify ineptitude over the majority of his career? The running game and defense drug Sanchez into the playoff kicking and screaming in '10.

I can always admit the rare times I am wrong. He sucked this year, I have said that over and over but there are valid reasons. Some on him, some not. No QB is having success w/ the healthy weapons he had this year. You can be a typical, whiny Jet fan and want everyone fired at the first hint of trouble or you can be an edcuated fan and realize teams and players have bad years, it doesn't mean you give up on them especially when this QB is still young and helped us to 2 title games. He has double the amount of playoff wins of any QB in Jets history and he's only played 4 years but we should get rid of him b/c whiny Jet fans want to clean house every 3-4 years. Got it.

You can never admit being wrong. You kinda sorta do sometimes, but not really. Your concessions of being wrong go something like this:

Yeah, Mark Sanchez sucked this year BUT (long diatribe about how it wasnt really Sanchez' fault and that he wouldnt have actually sucked without x happening, so junc is actually not really wrong)

Yeah, the Jets sucked this year BUT (blah blah blah injuries made it impossible to win, who couldve seen it coming so junc is still not really wrong, just the Jets were unlucky)

Yeah, the Dolphins sucked a little less than the Jets this year BUT (ah **** it you get the picture)

Oh and BTW, Tanehill had a serious lack of weapons as well. No ass fumble to be found on his film. Im feeling kinda smug about that.

smugdog-1.jpg

The '02 Buccs are a great example of what a great defense, mediocre quarterback and good running game can do.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Sanchez was the #50 QB in QB rating that year. Yes, QB rating isnt the end all be all and it has variables, but when a QB cant crack the top 40 at QB in that stat for the year its safe to say they arent top 10. He had a nice run in the playoffs that year. He played well. But how can you be delusional enough to take a few games and use them as just cause to justify ineptitude over the majority of his career? The running game and defense drug Sanchez into the playoff kicking and screaming in '10.

It's a good thing we understand this game better than to evaluate based on QB ratings.

The '02 Buccs are a great example of what a great defense, mediocre quarterback and good running game can do.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

It's a great example of the average fan having no idea what they are watching. Brad Johnson was vital to that run. obviously they won w/ D first but you need more than just great defense to win or teams like TB, Chi of the 80s, Bal of the 00s would be more than one hit wonders.

that good TB run game in 2002? top 2 backs(Pittman & Alstott) averaged 3.6 YPC. In postseason:

div rd vs. SF: 2.9 YPC
NFC Championship: 1.7 YPC
SB: 3.6 YPC

yep, clearly the run game carried them.

It's a good thing we understand this game better than to evaluate based on QB ratings.

I dont understand based on QB rating. All Im saying is that if a QB is 50th in it, he probably isnt a top 10 QB.

You can take the guy ranked #20 and make a case about how QB rating underestimated this or overvalued that and he is really a top 10 QB. Quite possible. When we start talking about #50...come on junc :lol:

It's a great example of the average fan having no idea what they are watching. Brad Johnson was vital to that run. obviously they won w/ D first but you need more than just great defense to win or teams like TB, Chi of the 80s, Bal of the 00s would be more than one hit wonders.

that good TB run game in 2002? top 2 backs(Pittman & Alstott) averaged 3.6 YPC. In postseason:

div rd vs. SF: 2.9 YPC
NFC Championship: 1.7 YPC
SB: 3.6 YPC

yep, clearly the run game carried them.

In one, single post you dismiss stats but then use stats to make a case?
:bobdole:

In that egregious 09 scheduling cluster**** that gave the mediocre 7-7 jest a playoff entree through the service entrance, not only was Buttchez a passenger, not the driver of that ride, but for most of it he was sitting in the rear seat (but to his credit, objectively speaking, I'd rank him as a top 32 QB that season) :idk:

I dont understand based on QB rating. All Im saying is that if a QB is 50th in it, he probably isnt a top 10 QB.

You can take the guy ranked #20 and make a case about how QB rating underestimated this or overvalued that and he is really a top 10 QB. Quite possible. When we start talking about #50...come on junc :lol:

first off he wasn't 50th in QB rating, he was 27th in passer rating in 2010 and he was better than most of the 26 QBs ahead of him that year in rating.

In one, single post you dismiss stats but then use stats to make a case?
:bobdole:

I don't solely use stats, stats are used as a guage. Stats are best used in context, simply throwing out QB ratings doesn't tell us anything but when a team averages 2 YPC in postseason that tells us something.

I can always admit the rare times I am wrong. He sucked this year, I have said that over and over but there are valid reasons. Some on him, some not. No QB is having success w/ the healthy weapons he had this year. You can be a typical, whiny Jet fan and want everyone fired at the first hint of trouble or you can be an edcuated fan and realize teams and players have bad years, it doesn't mean you give up on them especially when this QB is still young and helped us to 2 title games.

Since when do elite teams have bad years?

He has double the amount of playoff wins of any QB in Jets history and he's only played 4 years but we should get rid of him b/c whiny Jet fans want to clean house every 3-4 years. Got it.

10 years from now if he's even in the league and on the Jets roster you'd still be spewing out the bull**** about the two title games 3 and 4 years ago.

first off he wasn't 50th in QB rating, he was 27th in passer rating in 2010 and he was better than most of the 26 QBs ahead of him that year in rating.

50th was pretty obviously intentional hyperbole on my part as you need to include every QB to get 50+ qualifiers. Still, find me another QB in NFL history that was 25th or lower in QB rating who you could consider top 10. You cant. It doesnt happen. He had a good few games in the playoffs but he was average at best in the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom