o-gun to be on espn news in 5 minutes | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

o-gun to be on espn news in 5 minutes

It's not within the rules of a basketball game to just walk away and take the equipment with you. Wale isn't walking away like that.

As to the business equation, I think you took broader offense than I meant. I can respect anybody willing to discuss this on a business level, even if they don't agree with me. What I don't respect are the messages about how Wale is playing a kid's game, I'd love to play for the fins for $100k, and the others that don't recognize that this is a business situation.

where is it in the rules of basketball that states the ball is everyone's property once the game is played?

I am saying Ogun is having a bad attitude in a position where he doesn't need to have a bad attitude.

There's no reason to MAKE the comment!!! It doesn't serve Ogun, and whether it' meant to be a shot at JT or not, it's CERTAINLY not flattering to him. Do you hear any of the other players making comments like that? It's confrontational, and what it IS is a backlash from Ogun on fan/media comments that his numbers are a product of being teamed with JT. But throwing out Sam/Mad doesn't help him at ALL. How many teams have a Sam/Mad combo? Fewer than those who have a JT that's for sure. So the comment doesn't help his position, and could generate bad feelings.

Again, did you read Drews book? If you did, you'd know that he's a scumbag. You'd also see a SCREAMING similarity between Drew and Bob Suger. I'll have to read it again, but I wouldn't be surprised if the "my job is to remember the scanks you banged" line wasn't a direct quote!

As for hold-outs and reputations...when an agent/player get those 35-40 million dollar contracts it gets splashed across the news. Never mind that the player only gets a small portion, because that doesn't get the attention. And nobody writes national stories about the guy who kills hs career because of a hold out. Drew gets the players because Drew gets the coverage. Drew markets the CRAP out of himself, and when he hits a big contract with a player it's national news. And the next guy looking for an agent sees that 37 million dollar contract and doesn't bother to check the details or the fact that the contract virtually guarrantees that the guy will be cut/traded after only 3 years. We're talking football players here. There are some very bright players, but a lot of them are NOT bright by any stretch. Ever check the average Wunderlich scores? The hold-out gets Drew the commission...it NEVER helps a players career. If you can show me an example where it has I'll retract that part of my post.

Jimmy James said:
Aren't you assuming that JT is going to take offense at that when it's quite possible that JT totally agrees with the statement? There is nothing there that says in so many words that Taylor is a bad player -- it could (and IMHO probably is) a statement of how the press defense has an impact on the success our ends have.

Cameron Crowe (that guy you're talking about) has been very dodgy about crediting any of the agent-consultants with being the basis for Jerry or Bob. I find it very interesting that you claim to have this special insight to his mind that nobody else has. Are you psychic? In fact, I do believe that Rosenhaus takes credit for being the basis for Jerry on an interview located on the DVD.

If hold outs were never good for players, then there wouldn't be hold outs. Making such a blanket statement is just wrong. I would submit that goes double for Drew's motivation. Players know who is looking out for them, and the man wouldn't continue to get business if this were the case.

IS....there a part in the CBA that says holdout if you want to skirt the agreement? That's a right???

As a business professional I'm aware of the business of football. As an HR professional I'm also aware that HOW business is transacted is at least as importantr as the business itself. The only time that being confrontational is a good idea is when you have nothing to lose. Until then, a sweet word will still get you a lot farther than a sour one. Ogun has started throwing the harsh words too soon.

Jimmy James said:
As far as understanding the business of football, I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I'm among the few people here who understand that it is a business. When you can't come to an agreement in business, that doesn't make the other guy a bad guy.

The rules clearly state that a tema can tag a player. Other players get tagged and deal with. But Wale is making a big fuss and :cry: like a little school girl. It's not like that 1.8 mil The Phins are giving him are gonna make it tough to feed his family or put gas in Ferarri or whatever the Hell he drives. C'mon. QUIT WHINING and play football. I mena he's playing football boo hoo, it's not like he's gotta go back to the assemlby line making minimum wage here. Like I said before suck it up an go play football. If he produces again and shows he wasn't a flash in the pan or whatever you want to say. He will get pad, Either by Miami or whoever. :fire:

inFINSible said:
IS....there a part in the CBA that says holdout if you want to skirt the agreement? That's a right???

The requirements for accruing a season are part of the CBA, so it certainly follows that following them is following and NOT skirting the agreement.

PhinPhan1227 said:
As a business professional I'm aware of the business of football. As an HR professional I'm also aware that HOW business is transacted is at least as importantr as the business itself. The only time that being confrontational is a good idea is when you have nothing to lose. Until then, a sweet word will still get you a lot farther than a sour one. Ogun has started throwing the harsh words too soon.

I really don't know that your judgment on the timing is correct. Wale knows what he wants, and it seems pretty damn clear to me that there is no way he is getting it with the Dolphins barring an amazing reverse front office philosophy. Wale is not gettnig Wistrom money here. If that's really what he wants, he has nothing to lose by doing what he is doing.

He is not going to get Winstrom money. That would only happen if he was signed in the first two weeks of free agency

pigskinguy said:
The rules clearly state that a tema can tag a player. Other players get tagged and deal with. But Wale is making a big fuss and :cry: like a little school girl. It's not like that 1.8 mil The Phins are giving him are gonna make it tough to feed his family or put gas in Ferarri or whatever the Hell he drives. C'mon. QUIT WHINING and play football. I mena he's playing football boo hoo, it's not like he's gotta go back to the assemlby line making minimum wage here. Like I said before suck it up an go play football. If he produces again and shows he wasn't a flash in the pan or whatever you want to say. He will get pad, Either by Miami or whoever. :fire:

Do you know how much (or how little) of that money Wale probably sees? Can you even imagine the hangers on he must have looking for a cut? You must be amazed that MC Hammer went bankrupt if you don't get that $1.8 million to a guy in Wale's situation isn't like a normal guy saving up money and ending up with that amount.

Let's say that you make $60,000 a year. It's not like you can't put gas in your Accord or feed your family on that. Should we be against you if you seek a raise you feel you deserve up to $70,000 a year? It's not like your boss is asking you to go to the file room and make $8 an hour.

Jimmy James said:
We may just see about that.

I am just going by history. Unless a player was a franchise player he didn't get the insane amount of money Winstrom got. In fact chances are, Winstrom won't be seeing much of that money. Same with Kearse.

I hope Ogun realizes there are deals that helps him and helps the team that generally put the player in a better position down the road. With a huge bloated contract, one bad year can lose a player millions of dollars.

Jimmy James said:
The requirements for accruing a season are part of the CBA, so it certainly follows that following them is following and NOT skirting the agreement.
By holding out he's attempting an end around the part of the agreement that stipulates what salary a RFA can earn.

But, I do see your point.

When it comes right down to it though, I'm a fan of the Dolphins, not the "players". I want the Dolphins to succeed, not 0-gun. ANY player who puts himself ahead of my team, is the "villian" in my eyes. Plain and simple.

I have not posted many things in the past but I have to tell you guys that I am so sick and tired of listing to O-Gun whine about how he deserves so much more than what he's getting. I feel so sorry for poor O-Gun not getting his millions when most of us have just enogh to get by. If I went up to my boss and said you know what I don't feel I'm being paid what I deserve he would just look at me, laugh and say get back to work. What makes a person feel they have the right to demand more just because they feel they deserve it? He should just keep his mouth shut, play out his last year, and then go off and find another team that would like to over pay this guy to play a game for a living.

Back
Top Bottom