Off-Season Predictions | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-Season Predictions

I can live with a meniscus. Not sure why it would take him out an entire season.

Right now for what i have seen to date he’s the lead dog bpa at 11 and the pick i would make

I can see why he sat out the bowl game

This was a year ago

This was in April

He also played the whole season without incident...knee won't be an issue.

As far as his play on the field...Jimbo checked out after the Miami loss and so did a lot of players. James was one of them...big future ahead, why waste on a season that was going nowhere when you have top 10 potential. I will also say that Kelly was an awful DC.

This was a year ago

This was in April

He also played the whole season without incident...knee won't be an issue.

As far as his play on the field...Jimbo checked out after the Miami loss and so did a lot of players. James was one of them...big future ahead, why waste on a season that was going nowhere when you have top 10 potential. I will also say that Kelly was an awful DC.

I'm looking for multiple players from that D to fall. Highly ranked out of high school and didn't live up to the hype because of coaching and a team that lost interest after their QB went down. Nnadi, Sweat, McFadden, Pugh ... I'll take any of them depending on the round. They're all better than they played last year. But taking a guy (possibly SS?) who underperformed and possibly phoned it in for the majority of a season at 11? I don't love it.

btw, for those who want him as our DC

9495.jpg

The Bears interviewed DC Vic Fangio for their head-coaching vacancy on Wednesday.

It's probably just a token hire for Fangio. Although he's an excellent coordinator, Fangio has never really been in head-coach conversations over the years, though he was reportedly upset with the 49ers a few years back when they hired Jim Tomsula over him. Fangio then left the Niners and joined the Bears. Fangio is a talent maximizer. His unit was No. 10 in total defense this year.

Ozzy rules!!

Corner. He could literally play any position in the back end of a defense. Boundary is the premium position though ... and he locks it down there with the best of them.

Versatility like he's got gives DCs the vapours. He's what everyone should be hoping for because he's probably the safest bet to deliver at the next level of the whole lot. We suck in the first round ... let's hit with that pick for once.

From everything I've heard, there's really not a chance he's going to fall to us. NFL talent evaluators value top tier CB prospects so much that I can't fathom he'd make it out of the top ten. Cleveland picks twice in the top four, and I bet that's where the poor guy's going to wind up.

From everything I've heard, there's really not a chance he's going to fall to us. NFL talent evaluators value top tier CB prospects so much that I can't fathom he'd make it out of the top ten. Cleveland picks twice in the top four, and I bet that's where the poor guy's going to wind up.

Yeah, I know. A girl can dream.

Here are a few.

* Grant gets more playing time. He showed that he can make big plays, which is something this offense needs.

* Barkley drops to #11 and Miami pounces, pairing him with the emerging Drake.

* The team brings in Peyton Manning in some capacity (Assistant GM/Special Scout/Offensive Adviser).

* Miami actually signs a legitimate free agent offensive lineman.

* Tannehill and McMillan come back strong.

* A quarterback is drafted in the 4th round range (Falk?).

That would be awesome, especially getting Manning for the Dolphins.
I hope you'll turn into a prophet by the end of the off-season.

Seeing Vic fangio turn that unit into a top 10 defense and knowing we won’t go after him like Wade philips last year makes me sad

We didn’t play any dime this year but yes absolutely derwin James would be a dime insert.

We want to cover more ground and cover period more we need to get more athletic. If we can do that and the guy will strike you in the process well all the better
Exactly...i was thinking for 3rd and long that instead of nickel we have this; it felt like we got defenses into 3rd and long but couldn't stop them regularly. What a huge difference that would make

Living in new jersey all sport radio talk is whether giants draft Qb first and keep Eli to groom him or draft Qb and try and trade Eli. Of course Eli has no trade clause so he would have to ok trade.

A big bold prediction?........Landry will leave in free agency and we will draft Sutton or Ridley at 11. Not saying that's what I want. I'm saying that will happen

Ozzy rules!!

1. No DBs drafted in the first two days.
2. Front office sucks it up and drafts an OG with a high pick.
3. No WRs drafted until day three.
4. Kaepernick signed to back up Tannehill.

I'm looking for multiple players from that D to fall. Highly ranked out of high school and didn't live up to the hype because of coaching and a team that lost interest after their QB went down. Nnadi, Sweat, McFadden, Pugh ... I'll take any of them depending on the round. They're all better than they played last year.

Now we're talking. That's the correct philosophy. Don't get paralyzed by specifics when broad brush logic is available. Imagine how much better the Dolphins would have been recently if they had applied that type of thinking. Throw away the tape.

Florida State actually wasn't that bad. By far the most underrated team in the country at season's end. I had to laugh when Canes fans on a different board tried to pretend the Seminoles were in disarray and would get blown out in the bowl game. Meanwhile, Florida State allowed only 5.8 YPA, which was third for third in the country and significantly better than the Canes.

Darnold and Rosen both are entering the draft.

I like Q. Nelson at 11. He fills a huge need and is strong and nasty. Like Reminds me of Ritchie, but with more brains. Highlights how that Nelson plays full on until the whistle blows.

My only concern is who we get to coach the o-line. Nelson shouldn't have to come here and regress. Hire a OL coach to get these guys coached up.

Back
Top Bottom