Off-Season Predictions | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-Season Predictions

Tannehill’s beag year ever and Miami only gets to 9-7? Hmmm

So you really think an entire team’s success, and team’s win-loss record, is based only on what Tannehill does in 2018? C’mon man, get real. I guess nothing else’s matters for a team’s success, except the QB?

Last edited:
So you really think an entire team’s success, and team’s record, is based only on what Tannehill does in 2018? C’mon man, get real. I guess nothing else’s matters for a team’s success, except the QB?
Well all his supporters say Miami makes the playoffs this year if Tannehill was healthy. So which is it?

Well all his supporters say Miami makes the playoffs this year if Tannehill was healthy. So which is it?

I dunno, maybe if our defense steps it up, and we get better LB’s instead of Kiko and some better defensive backs, an improved offensive and defensive line, that might improve our playoff chances?? If you (or his supporters) think Tannehill’s health alone is going to get us to the playoffs, you’re a litte naive.

In fairness, some of that is because Tannehill is a good quarterback, and a lot of it is because Cutler stunk on ice for most of the season. Like that first Bills game or the Bucs game... the team didn't even need good quarterback play in those, it just needed something better than a dumpster fire.

Would better QB play have taken us to the playoffs again? Maybe. I don't know. Our defense is pretty, pretty, pretty bad.

Hell, I don't even know what we're arguing here.

Last edited:
Theres a lot of Derwin James love...guy has 3 ints in his career. No thank you he always reminded me of Taylor Mays from USC.

Theres a lot of Derwin James love...guy has 3 ints in his career. No thank you he always reminded me of Taylor Mays from USC.
He played like absolute **** this season for the most part. Had a better second half of the season, but not near the level of Fitzpatrick who is consistently great and always brings it.

Jaquan Johnson was the best safety in the ACC this year.

A big bold prediction?........Landry will leave in free agency and we will draft Sutton or Ridley at 11. Not saying that's what I want. I'm saying that will happen

Ozzy rules!!
This would no longer surprise me. The lasting image from Landry this season is going to leave an ugly taste in the mouths of the FO. We already know that Gase is furious.

Typical Dolphins to turn a huge strength into a huge need and spend a first round pick on it.

If the tapes I saw of derwin James this year was playing like **** I’d sure like to see what a good game looks like.

I liked Johnson also at the u but he isn’t coming out. A little undersized. Liked him though also like de chad Thomas but probably as a 4th round value

Top 75 Jaquan Johnson top 100 Chad thomas

Thomas as a rotational 43 de

Well, since the season is over, I thought I'd post a thread where we can all spitball and make bold predictions about what we think is going to happen between now and training camp. Let's keep it Dolphins related, but I will also accept your playoff / Super Bowl predictions if you feel real confident in them. And hey, it's important to note that by making a prediction about what the Dolphins are going to do, you're not actually endorsing that course of action.

Also, a request: If you're going to tell people why their predictions are all wrong, please offer up some bold predictions of your own. Only fair, right?

I'll start with one that I've been thinking about for a while now, and feel pretty strongly about:

The Miami Dolphins are going to be major players in the upcoming Jimmy Graham Free Agent Sweepstakes.

My reasoning? Miami badly needs production from the position, and Mike Tannenbaum loves splash moves. This is seen as a weak draft class for TEs, and Graham is a big name, 'star power' player. And of course, it turns out that Jimmy Graham's agent is.. Jimmy Sexton. You may remember that Jimmy Sexton and Mike Tannenbaum have a very close relationship. Sexton represents Adam Gase, Laremy Tunsil, Ndamukong Suh, etc., and has in fact been snarkily accused of "running the Dolphins" by some media types.

Tell me why I'm an idiot below.

I seriously doubt Miami chases Jimmy G

In fairness, some of that is because Tannehill is a good quarterback, and a lot of it is because Cutler stunk on ice for most of the season. Like that first Bills game or the Bucs game... the team didn't even need good quarterback play in those, it just needed something better than a dumpster fire.

Would better QB play have taken us to the playoffs again? Maybe. I don't know. Our defense is pretty, pretty, pretty bad.

Hell, I don't even know what we're arguing here.
No arguing really. Just responding that If Tannehill has his best season ever this year I think Miami will be at least 11-5 not 9-7 considering his best season so far is 27 and 12. I think it’s not unreasonable Tannehill can have a 30 and 10 season

No arguing really. Just responding that If Tannehill has his best season ever this year I think Miami will be at least 11-5 not 9-7 considering his best season so far is 27 and 12. I think it’s not unreasonable Tannehill can have a 30 and 10 season

And yet you still want to replace him.

Smh

I think a 100 qbr is on tbe table with tanny in 2018

And yet you still want to replace him.

Smh

I think a 100 qbr is on tbe table with tanny in 2018
Because 30 and 10 is more than likely the outlier with Tannehill and not the norm.

Ok I like tannehill and think he succeeds if we invest in the OL and give him time.

That said, I think tabbenbaum tries to work a deal with Cleveland. Tannehill+something for one of those top QBs in the draft.

I don’t think it happens. But the guy is a wheeler dealer. Tannehill has a cap friendly contract and is a huge upgrade and known quantity for Cleveland. Plus a new QB gives tannenbaum 2 years of excuses built into his job.

Ok I like tannehill and think he succeeds if we invest in the OL and give him time.

That said, I think tabbenbaum tries to work a deal with Cleveland. Tannehill+something for one of those top QBs in the draft.

I don’t think it happens. But the guy is a wheeler dealer. Tannehill has a cap friendly contract and is a huge upgrade and known quantity for Cleveland. Plus a new QB gives tannenbaum 2 years of excuses built into his job.

I really like Tannehill, but I wouldn't be opposed to Josh Rosen, at all..

Back
Top Bottom