Offensive Coordinator | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Coordinator

Werent we in the playoffs last year? And didnt we lose our quarterback this year...? Not many teams will make the playoffs when their starting quarterback goes down for an extended period of time!!

Weren’t the Vikings on their 3rd string QB all year.....

Da Bears were 29th in points and 30th in yards gained this year, sounds like a lateral move. Yay.
They literally only had Jordan Howard on offense last year, and Trubisky for a few games. John Fox and his conservative playcalling makes Mike Sherman & Dan Henning look like gods. They went into the season with Tre McBride, Markus Wheaton, Josh Bellamy as WRs. Lost Zach Miller to that horrific leg injury. Meredith was hurt. Not saying he’s a a perfect choice, but he really didn’t have a hand to play with this year. All they did was run, run, run. Very predictable offense when you don’t have a supporting cast around you.

Dowell Loggains makes a ton of sense.
Has a relationship with Gase from the 2015 Bears offense.
Admirable performance with Chicago last year as a first year OC

His 3rd season as an OC... with below average results. (Titans OC in 2012 & 2013) He's probably getting an offer as OL coach/ Assistant HC but they already have Dave DeGuglielmo.

I think Gase's biggest weakness is he's surrounding himself with his coaching friends rather than going out and getting better choices who'll help improve the team.

Weren’t the Vikings on their 3rd string QB all year.....

Yes they did, but having the best defense in the league allows the quarterback to be less than average. I bet we make the playoffs this year if we had the best d in the league...

Just read that Dowell Loggains is the new OC. This is via Ian Rapaport. So don’t shoot the messenger. And yes I typed OC.

Dowell Loggains - C - Dolphins
Dolphins hired Dowell Loggains as offensive coordinator.

Loggains was despised in Chicago for running an arch-conservative offense that completely lacked creativity, but he has friends in good places in the league. One of his best friends is Dolphins coach Adam Gase, with whom Loggains previously worked in Chicago. Loggains will replace Clyde Christiansen as the Dolphins' OC. It's a step down from the Bears, for whom Loggains called plays. Gase will continue to call plays in Miami.

Ozzy rules!!

Miami FO, Gase included, doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt when making any kind of move whether it's with players or coaching acquisitions. They've done nothing that tells you otherwise. Almost all the decisions they made last season failed and blew up in their faces. I don't like where this team is headed.

Back
Top Bottom