Offensive Coordinator | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Coordinator

Wildbill3 said:
Alright where is this Jerry sandusky at?

Retired. That guy was in his early 50s in the early to mid 80s.

Sandusky was also the OL coach, and he coached Miami's OL from the middle '70s all the way till 1994. He retired in '94, and Shula brought Monte Clark back to coach the OL.

I don't remember his name but I wish we had the line coach from carolina back.

Wildbill3 said:
Ask yourself one honest question before you say Norv Turner sucked...

who was Norv Turners boss while he was at Miami?

:fire:
It was Norv Turner that said the Dolphins could win with Jay Feidler, I believe that Dave asked Norv about Jay before he signed his last contract. Now on the other hand, wasn't it Norv Turner that got Troy Aikman a Super Bowl ring or two?

Are you sure you aren't thinking of chan gailey? I thought he was offensive corr when we brought Jay in? Regardless it has been wanny's fault that our offensive Corr have never been able to call the plays they really wanted too. Much like Jimmy hiring Kippy brown of all people to call the plays for Dan.

I thought coaching was about getting the players and the coaches around you that you could trust to do thier job. If you can't trust them, then you need to get someone else. JJ had no trust and wanny didn't either. to me that made them bad coaches. JJ may have done a lot in dallas, but I bet you he trusted the coaches and players around him, something he never did in miami.

Wildbill3 said:
I don't remember his name but I wish we had the line coach from carolina back.

Trust me. You don't want Boudreau back. Beightol, yes. Boudreau, no.

The reason the 2000 line played so well was Tom Bresnehan, not Paul Boudreau.

Hal Hunter Sr. was the OL coach in Cleveland when Nick was there, but I believe he is retired now. Hal Hunter Jr. is the OL coach at North Carolina though, and he was actually at LSU before Saban.

steveincolorado said:
Wasn't it Gary Stevens offense that put Dan in the record books?

maybe it was Tom Olividotti (spelling?) b/c Shula and Dan knew we would need 35+ points to win each week. :D

I was talking about Jays contract now, not the first one he signed with the Dolphins. His first one was with Chan Gailey.

steveincolorado said:
I was talking about Jays contract now, not the first one he signed with the Dolphins. His first one was with Chan Gailey.

Chan and Dave decided on Jay, and I wish I could confirm this, but I would bet good money that nobody buy dave decided to resign Jay. Certainly not Norv Turner who basically left because Jay limited him on the plays he could call, and dave told him the plays that he wanted norv to call.

john00agent said:
maybe it was Tom Olividotti (spelling?) b/c Shula and Dan knew we would need 35+ points to win each week. :D
Thats true! I think Tom in in charge of the KC defense these past two seasons. Trent Green has to play like a Hall of Famer just to get a simple win. :)

Back
Top Bottom