Offensive Coordinator | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Coordinator

KB21 said:
Yeah. Boudreau was coaching Jacksonville's line last year though. Carolina's OL coach is Mike Maser.
Hmmm, alright you win. lets get Mike Maser then. :lol:

Wildbill3 said:
Chan and Dave decided on Jay, and I wish I could confirm this, but I would bet good money that nobody buy dave decided to resign Jay. Certainly not Norv Turner who basically left because Jay limited him on the plays he could call, and dave told him the plays that he wanted norv to call.
Chan brought Jay in, but I think he signed a two year deal then. When Dave brought in Norv, he asked him if the Dolphins can win with Jay and Norv studied film and said yes. Thats when the Dolphins re-signed Jay to his current deal. I have no proof of that other than what I read at the time thru ESPN/Sporting News and other media things. But O'well. Jays gonna be a goner soon anyway.

all I know is that Norv turner ran away from Miami as fast as he could with one year of Jay and Dave.

steveincolorado said:
Chan brought Jay in, but I think he signed a two year deal then. When Dave brought in Norv, he asked him if the Dolphins can win with Jay and Norv studied film and said yes. Thats when the Dolphins re-signed Jay to his current deal. I have no proof of that other than what I read at the time thru ESPN/Sporting News and other media things. But O'well. Jays gonna be a goner soon anyway.

That conflicts with reports that Norv was mad that he had to scale back the offense because of the QB play we had. I don't believe Norv was ever a Fiedler fan, but he knowns that with a strong D and strong running game, you can win witha bus driver QB.

KB21 said:
Sandusky was also the OL coach, and he coached Miami's OL from the middle '70s all the way till 1994. He retired in '94, and Shula brought Monte Clark back to coach the OL.
That's John Sandusky, not Jerry. We've never had a coach named Jerry Sandusky

KB21 said:
Trust me. You don't want Boudreau back. Beightol, yes. Boudreau, no.

The reason the 2000 line played so well was Tom Bresnehan, not Paul Boudreau.

Hal Hunter Sr. was the OL coach in Cleveland when Nick was there, but I believe he is retired now. Hal Hunter Jr. is the OL coach at North Carolina though, and he was actually at LSU before Saban.
Why not? Hasn't Jacksonville's line done pretty well under Boudreau?
A few months ago, weren't you singing the praises of Tony Wise as one of the top OL coaches in the NFL and that we were fortunate to have him? :)
Actually, it is probably a moot point to talk about any of our past OL coaches, b/c it is very unlikely that Saban would bring any of them back to coach the OL next year.

KB21 said:
Throw Josh McDaniel's name out there as well. If he doesn't get the promotion to OC in New England, he might be a guy Nick looks at.
What are the chances that Saban brings Jimbo Fisher with him as the OC?
I thought I saw his name mentioned somewhere as one of the LSU assts likely to follow Saban.

How many o/cs went from being a college o/c to a pro o/c?

I'd like to have a guy coaching on our team named Jimbo.

we'll call the the Jimbo offense... Jimboffense..

I sure hope that whomever we get for the assistant coaches that it isn't based on whether or not they have an unusual name. :)

KB21 said:
Sandusky was also the OL coach, and he coached Miami's OL from the middle '70s all the way till 1994. He retired in '94, and Shula brought Monte Clark back to coach the OL.

His name is John Sandusky, not Jerry. Yes he has to be in his 70's now.

maybe it was Tom Olividotti (spelling?) b/c Shula and Dan knew we would need 35+ points to win each week.

that name such be forbidding for this board.
like typing *ss,*U*K,*itch,and *om Olividotti

I feel sick now

Back
Top Bottom