Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread

PHINATIC13 said:
Rivera can be that guy.We still got Anderson too.

Where were these guys last year.. Rivera is ok but I wouldn't count on him being bigtime protection for Vlad.. He could be a great #5 hitter.. Anderson is very solid, but is starting to play less and decline in production..

GreenMonster said:
Where were these guys last year.. Rivera is ok but I wouldn't count on him being bigtime protection for Vlad.. He could be a great #5 hitter.. Anderson is very solid, but is starting to play less and decline in production..

Give us Manny please

So who is the Angels' next big-name target? Word is it is Atlanta Braves star center fielder Andruw Jones, but Jones has trade veto power, won't be a free agent until after 2007 season and his agent, Scott Boras of Newport Beach, has said his client is content to stay put until next winter. That, of course, is a nice way of saying, "You'll have to make it worth my while to move now." So the Angels likely would have to give up a package, including starter Ervin Santana, trumpeted minor-league starter Nick Adenhart and perhaps setup man Scot Shields to get the Braves interested - and offer Jones a boatload of money in a new contract to approve the deal. Sounds too complicated to me, and that means Stoneman might have to turn his focus back to Orioles shortstop Miguel Tejada, who was rumored headed to Anaheim before the July trading deadline last season until Tejada made it known he didn't want to play third base.

Atleast we're still looking to add another bat.

According to industry sources, Manny Ramirez remains far down the Angels' wish list. Manager Mike Scioscia wants a more versatile player who can contribute defensively and on the bases, and the team has made Toronto center fielder Vernon Wells its number-one priority.

PHINATIC13 said:

Joe would be awesome at 3rd.I remember Crede killing us in the playoffs a couple years ago.

Angels | Team interested in Crede?
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 20:00:05 -0800
The Orange County Register reports that the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim may be looking to trade IF/OF Chone Figgins to the Chicago White Sox, in exchange for 3B Joe Crede, to give the team a power hitter to protect OF Vladimir Guerrero in the lineup.

:tantrum: No you can't have Crede, especially for Figgins. UUGGGHHHHH

icephinfan said:
:tantrum: No you can't have Crede, especially for Figgins. UUGGGHHHHH

:tongue:

Seriously Ice I like Chone,but after signing Matthews Jr. Figgy's value has decressed bigtime.Also Chone can play almost anywhere great utility player and base stealer.His BA(.267) this season just isn't good enough for a leadoff hitter/catalist.

PHINATIC13 said:
:tongue:

Seriously Ice I like Chone,but after signing Matthews Jr. Figgy's value has decressed bigtime.Also Chone can play almost anywhere great utility player and base stealer.His BA(.267) this season just isn't good enough for a leadoff hitter/catalist.

I don't like Figgins. He is unreliable. Crede is solid at 3rd base.

Unless Sox Gm Kenny Williams makes a push at Tejada, we do need a SS. I think Juan Uribe is out the door.

Back
Top Bottom