Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread

That'd work for me. I like Carlos Lee and would love to see him protecting Vlad.

McPherson worries me a little. But if he doesnt work out we can always put Kendrick at 2nd and move Figgins to 3rd. Hopefully between Kendrick/Kotchman/Morales/McPherson/Figgins and OC at SS they can find a decent infield.

Quiet so far, the Angels are lurking with the intent of making a splash. They would love to sign Barry Zito and then send Ervin Santana and other young players to the Blue Jays for center fielder Vernon Wells or to the Devil Rays for left fielder Carl Crawford.
-- Chicago Tribune

LA Times says the Angels are interested in Drew to play CF. Definitely isnt who I want but it might work I guess. Just hope we dont overpay like the Dodgers did. Also mentions us trying to sign Zito and trade for Wells/Jones/Ramirez/Tejada. We better not trade Weaver though.

It also mentions the Speier deal might be a way for us to include Shields in a trade for a hitter like Wells or Manny.

What Stoneman said about Soriano going to the Cubs

"That's a big number, and beyond where we thought his value was," Stoneman said of Soriano's deal with the Cubs.

I really like the Speir move and I would definately keep sheilds. I'm a fan of putting together a strong bullpen. Partly because it's important, partly because relievers often flameout without notice. If you have a strong bully you protect yourself.

I'm not sure crawfords the answer the angels are looking for. They need power behind Vlad imo.

I swear if we don't sign some BIG bat I'm gonna skull**** stoneman.:fire:

I now have hopes for us signing Gary Matthews Jr. and Barry Zito.:D

Btw we did switch pitchers with the Marlins.We got Chris Resop and they get Kevin Gregg.

Angels | Price for A. Jones could be too high
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 07:58:06 -0800
Randy Youngman, of the Orange County Register, reports the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim could look at acquiring Atlanta Braves OF Andruw Jones this offseason, although it would come at a high price. It is expected a deal of SP Ervin Santana, P Nicholas Adenhart and RP Scot Shields would have to be offered by the Angels, as well as offering Jones a contract as his expires at the end of 2007.

I do like Jones,but it does seem too steep a price to pay.

PHINATIC13 said:
:woot:.....we're goin' to Sizzler......we're goin' to Sizzler....

Edit:
Angels | Matthews Jr. signs
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:05:47 -0800
ESPNews reports the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim signed free agent outfielder Gary Matthews Jr. (Rangers) to a five-year contract that could be worth $55 million Wednesday, Nov. 22.

That might be too much money for him though. But, he should help the Halos.

icephinfan said:
That might be too much money for him though. But, he should help the Halos.
Yeah I know he's 32,but I believe the Angels can win it all NOW.

Btw now we need to sign Zito and I'll be happy.:D

PHINATIC13 said:
Yeah I know he's 32,but I believe the Angels can win it all NOW.

Btw now we need to sign Zito and I'll be happy.:D

We'll still kick your butts.:wink:

Hey this year when My White Sox come to town we should go to the games.

Angels add another guy that can get on base and sit there waiting for Vlad.. The Angels still need a middle of the order bat for RBI's and protection for Vlad.. Seems like JD Drew would have been a better fit there..

GreenMonster said:
Angels add another guy that can get on base and sit there waiting for Vlad.. The Angels still need a middle of the order bat for RBI's and protection for Vlad.. Seems like JD Drew would have been a better fit there..

Rivera can be that guy.We still got Anderson too.

Back
Top Bottom