Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread

Halo fans we gotta keep pumping up this thread for Tim Salmon.Timmy just crushed HR #299 he needs one more to hit 300,something he's said he'd like to get before he calls it a career.

Timmy is a canadian and a great career. love the guy.

But sorry halo dudes, The A's are going to the show this year ! oh yeah!!!!!!

culpepper2chambers said:
good luck:rolleyes:

i hate the freakin a's!!!!!!who u guys playin first round uni?

ok but seriously good luck i guess

Either the Twins or the Tigers (who ever wins the Central).

I HOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it's the Tigers. The Twins have owned the A's for years. They drive me up the wall.

Angels | Club focuses on remaining free agents
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:40:39 -0800
Mike Scarr, of Angels.MLB.com, reports the Los Angeles Angels, after losing out on prized free agent starting pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka, will now focus their attention on free agent outfielders Alfonso Soriano (Nationals) and Gary Matthews Jr. (Rangers), in addition to free agent starting pitcher Barry Zito (Athletics) and free agent catcher Mike Piazza (Padres).

Gotta get someone....:( Stoneman promised some big FA(s) this off season.

Among the more interesting scenarios is a pitch that sources say the Angels made for White Sox right-hander Freddy Garcia, whom they highly covet. The Angels' deal would call for a package that includes right-hander Ervin Santana.
-- Chicago Sun-Times

UUGGGHHHH

Ervin Santana, a little info on him, please.

icephinfan said:
Among the more interesting scenarios is a pitch that sources say the Angels made for White Sox right-hander Freddy Garcia, whom they highly covet. The Angels' deal would call for a package that includes right-hander Ervin Santana.
-- Chicago Sun-Times

UUGGGHHHH

Ervin Santana, a little info on him, please.

If the Angels give up Santana in a package for Freddy Garcia they are OUT OF THEIR MINDS!

unifiedtheory said:
If the Angels give up Santana in a package for Freddy Garcia they are OUT OF THEIR MINDS!

I agree, it makes no sense to me. Trading Santana for a bat which we need I can understand. I dont know why'd we get rid of a young talented pitcher for another, older, pitcher.

Atleast we got some help in the pen, still need to add a bat though...

I wonder if we'll go for an Aubrey Huff type, we could use some help at 3B if Dallas doesnt pan out, though I hope we dont sign Huff. Maybe Carlos Lee and move Rivera to CF?

I think carlos lee is the answer.

I'd roll out a team of:

1-Chone 2b
2-Cabrera SS
3-Vlad-RF
4-Carlos Lee LF
5-Rivera CF
6-G. Andersen DH
7. Napoli C
8. McPherson 3b
9. Kendric/Morales 1b

This is not a good defensive team with Chone and Rivera up the middle, but it isn't a worse team defensively than last year, and it is a much much better offensive team IMO.

This way you can let McPherson and Morales develop without banking on them to produce right away. I'd also sign a decent backup 3b in case McPherson gets hurt. Looking over the 3b market...WOW, dry. Huff or Hillenbrand are the best options, but those are starter/DH options. Unless Rivera or Andersen goes to the bench I don't see that happening.

IMO the worst move the Angels could do would be to get Gary Matthews.

In terms of pitching, I wouldn't trade a single young arm. Keep Weaver,Lackey,Santana and build off of that. If I trade anyone from the farm trade from the SS position. You've got prospects coming out your ears.

your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom