Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical 2006 Los Angeles Angels Thread

5 games back with 6 to play against each other. We have Texas and KC left A's have Cle, CHW and Sea. I think we still have some hope.

Barring any setbacks, Rich Harden will be activated to start against the Indians on Wednesday or Thursday, with Thursday being most likely according to Curt Young, Oakland's pitching coach.

He's pitched 3 simulated games in the last week. In yesterday's simulation his velocity was down until the 4th inning when he got comfortable, he also mixed in some sliders for the first time. In that inning (the 4th) he was hitting 96 MPH with his fastball and his change was great according to the hitters he faced in the simulation.

He'll throw in the bullpen on Monday, that will be the first time he'll lets loose on the splitter. This is GREAT news for me. They were talking about him being a reliever until next year. If he can get to the point where he's going 6 innings it's a massive boost to the staff. His spot in the rotation has been a horror show all year.

Zito
Haren
Harden
Loaiza

I'll take it.

Sorry for taking over the thread for a moment guys but since you are probably pretty interested in what is going on with them I thought I'd let you all know.

One more thing...any love for Frank Thomas as M.V.P.? I'm not saying he'll win it, I think it is Jeter's to lose at this point but Frank's numbers are pretty stellar for a guy who was done a year ago.

.281 37 HR 102 RBI.....not too shabby.

unifiedtheory said:
One more thing...any love for Frank Thomas as M.V.P.? I'm not saying he'll win it, I think it is Jeter's to lose at this point but Frank's numbers are pretty stellar for a guy who was done a year ago.

.281 37 HR 102 RBI.....not too shabby.
read my last post in the chisox thread:wink:

I agree...

Could Danny Haren be more inconsistent?:boohoo:

Rich Harden starts Thursday against the Indians. He'll be on a strict pitch count of 60. Get him stretched out for the final week of the year.

The Angels are likely to re-open discussions with Baltimore for Miguel Tejada, perhaps re-engage Boston about Manny Ramirez and maybe even talk to New York about Alex Rodriguez.
-- Riverside Press-Enterprise

Angels owner Arte Moreno vowed Tuesday that things would be different this winter. Actually, he did more than vow. The Angels will target third base and first base -- Dallas McPherson's injuries and Casey Kotchman's illness have left huge questions there -- center field and the back of the bullpen as areas to improve.
-- Los Angeles Times

icephinfan said:
The Angels are likely to re-open discussions with Baltimore for Miguel Tejada, perhaps re-engage Boston about Manny Ramirez and maybe even talk to New York about Alex Rodriguez.
-- Riverside Press-Enterprise

Angels owner Arte Moreno vowed Tuesday that things would be different this winter. Actually, he did more than vow. The Angels will target third base and first base -- Dallas McPherson's injuries and Casey Kotchman's illness have left huge questions there -- center field and the back of the bullpen as areas to improve.
-- Los Angeles Times

If I were Theo I'd be interested in calling the Angels about Manny. They have a ton of young talent in their farm system. I'd ask for Ervin Santana, Howie Kendrick and Brandon Wood. Possibly Scot Shields too. Is that too much? Probably, maybe, but why not try?

And I think Nomar will be the Angels new 1B next year.

Ray Finkle said:
Agreed.

But I'd take just Santana and Kendrick.

I really hope we dont deal Kendrick though I could see it. I think Shields is pretty untouchable though. Other than him and Frankie there isnt much in the pen

DonShula84 said:
I really hope we dont deal Kendrick though I could see it. I think Shields is pretty untouchable though

I LOVE Kendrick. That kid is going to be a very good hitter.

Back
Top Bottom