Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

Ray Finkle said:
I doubt any of them have ever seen a knuckle ball pitcher before. There are very few in baseball, even the minors. Like you said, should be interesting.

Yeah I meant to add none of them have probally ever seen one, Wes Helms maybe....he should get the start even though Jacobs is a lefty, maybe Cabrera....but I dont think he has seen one either but its possible....Miguel Olivo at catcher MIGHT have faced Wakefield since he played in the AL for a while....not sure

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060630&content_id=1531092&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=fla

Reminded that the Marlins, now 35-41, are in second place, Girardi put things into perspective. "Our goal here is to win every series," he said. "The only [place in the standings] to me that really counts is first. We still have a long ways to go to catch the Mets."

"I think this is absolutely terrible," Treanor said. "We should have these crowds to watch this exciting team every single game. Be it a Friday night, Saturday night or Wednesday day game. We're an exciting team. Period."

I HOPE THEY USE LAST NIGHT'S GAME AS MOTIVATION THROUGHOUT THE SEASON. THE MARLINS MUST KEEP PLAYING HARD IF THEY WANT THAT TYPE OF CROWD.

Who knows, maybe with larger crowds we can convince the state that we are a team to be serious with and that we are worth having our own ballpark.

If the Marlins keep it up, they can expect large crowds after the All Star Break. Perhaps, 10000-15000 on average. 10000 is about as much as there was in the Good Friday game in where Dontrelle picked up his first win against the Nationals; I was there and it was a nice crowd, of course not as good as yesterday's crowd. They must have had over 30000 last night.

They just have to keep playing consistently like the way they are right now, and they will probably take the division (Mets are in a 4 game losing streak and their pitchers are all slumping). But, even with the Wild Card, I'll be happy. We did win two championships as a Wild Card team. =P

They should approach Wakefield the same way they would approach, oh, Tom Glavine. Stay back, swing easy, go to the opposite field, let the ball come to you. If the ball is in the lower part of the strike zone when delivered, don't swing. It'll drop out. If the ball is up and out of the strike zone, don't bail out on it. It could drop in. Most importantly, make him throw his pitches. The reason why knuckleballers are successful is because hitters jump out of their shoes and pound the first pitch they see into the ground, thus lots of easy 6-3 outs. Make him throw three knucklers for strikes in every AB to get you out. Hitch up his pitch count, try to get into the middle relief, and hope for a Moehler miracle.

Vertical Limit said:
I HOPE THEY USE LAST NIGHT'S GAME AS MOTIVATION THROUGHOUT THE SEASON. THE MARLINS MUST KEEP PLAYING HARD IF THEY WANT THAT TYPE OF CROWD.

Who knows, maybe with larger crowds we can convince the state that we are a team to be serious with and that we are worth having our own ballpark.

If the Marlins keep it up, they can expect large crowds after the All Star Break. Perhaps, 10000-15000 on average. 10000 is about as much as there was in the Good Friday game in where Dontrelle picked up his first win against the Nationals; I was there and it was a nice crowd, of course not as good as yesterday's crowd. They must have had over 30000 last night.

They just have to keep playing consistently like the way they are right now, and they will probably take the division (Mets are in a 4 game losing streak and their pitchers are all slumping). But, even with the Wild Card, I'll be happy. We did win two championships as a Wild Card team. =P

I think we can get to 15 or 20,000 enough if we can get over 500 and legit striking distance of the Mets (maybe 5 or 6 games behind)

RWhitney014 said:
They should approach Wakefield the same way they would approach, oh, Tom Glavine. Stay back, swing easy, go to the opposite field, let the ball come to you. If the ball is in the lower part of the strike zone when delivered, don't swing. It'll drop out. If the ball is up and out of the strike zone, don't bail out on it. It could drop in. Most importantly, make him throw his pitches. The reason why knuckleballers are successful is because hitters jump out of their shoes and pound the first pitch they see into the ground, thus lots of easy 6-3 outs. Make him throw three knucklers for strikes in every AB to get you out. Hitch up his pitch count, try to get into the middle relief, and hope for a Moehler miracle.

Im hopeing Moehler pulls his groin pitch #1 and Anibal pitches the rest of the game :lol: does that make me a bad person?

To his credit he is 5-6...so we have almost a 50% chance of winning I guess

Alex44 said:
Im hopeing Moehler pulls his groin pitch #1 and Anibal pitches the rest of the game :lol: does that make me a bad person?

To his credit he is 5-6...so we have almost a 50% chance of winning I guess

Yes. And Anibal is pitching Wednesday.

And it was 32,000 last night. Which was stunning, since it looked like a lot more. But I'm expecting about 40,000 tonight. Almost everything is sold out, according to Ticketmaster.

RWhitney014 said:
Yes. And Anibal is pitching Wednesday.

And it was 32,000 last night. Which was stunning, since it looked like a lot more. But I'm expecting about 40,000 tonight. Almost everything is sold out, according to Ticketmaster.

Yeah I know he is penciled in for Wednsday....and hopefully takes over the spot after that...which I think he will if he pitches a good game

You cant tell a kid who pitches 5 2/3 shutout innings against the Yankees in his major league debut, and then has another quality start in his second game 'Hey we have Brian Moehler sorry kid'

I dont want Moehler dead or anything.....just out of the rotation, I think he would make a good addition in the bullpen even

Sometimes I scare myself....

Before Moehler even got set to throw the pitch I said out loud.. (opposite field home run....) and then it happend

and

I said I hoped Moehler got hurt and he did....sorry Brian :(

Ugh. Just...ugh.

Moehler on the 15-day DL with a right big toe. Left the stadium in a cast. Renyel Pinto called up to replace him. He'll get the start in game two of the Saturday doubleheader at Shea. Sanchez takes Moe's spot in the rotation for now. Or forever, possibly.

RWhitney014 said:
Ugh. Just...ugh.

Moehler on the 15-day DL with a right big toe. Left the stadium in a cast. Renyel Pinto called up to replace him. He'll get the start in game two of the Saturday doubleheader at Shea. Sanchez takes Moe's spot in the rotation for now. Or forever, possibly.

we can only hope

I cant be angry Anibal got hit around tonight, he was at least trying to attack hitters, he just didnt have his stuff, and probally didnt expect to be pitching that early in a game he was scheduled to start

Back
Top Bottom