Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13906062.htm

The Marlins are about to embark on the most disastrous, depressing season in franchise history.
Sorry to break the bad news, but it needs to be said because the start of spring training brings an overdose of blind optimism that just might cause you to believe these Florida Marlins will be exciting and interesting and maybe even a pleasant surprise in 2006.

thoughts?

miamikid92 said:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13906062.htm

The Marlins are about to embark on the most disastrous, depressing season in franchise history.
Sorry to break the bad news, but it needs to be said because the start of spring training brings an overdose of blind optimism that just might cause you to believe these Florida Marlins will be exciting and interesting and maybe even a pleasant surprise in 2006.

thoughts?

It is just sad. MLB needs a cap...fast...

miamikid92 said:

This is exactly what the owner of the team wanted though. He had a huge fire sale and got back a lot of good young players. So by the time they're ready for the big leagues/playing to their potential (in about 5 years maximum) the Marlins will have a new stadium somewhere in America so the owner could sell out every game and win yet another World Series. Thus make a ton of money on revenues.

Seriously watch out of the Marlins in 5 years, especially if they get a new stadium. They'll be full of talent and making a ton of money they might be the Braves of the 2010's (ala winning the East every year).

Ray Finkle said:
This is exactly what the owner of the team wanted though. He had a huge fire sale and got back a lot of good young players. So by the time they're ready for the big leagues/playing to their potential (in about 5 years maximum) the Marlins will have a new stadium somewhere in America so the owner could sell out every game and win yet another World Series. Thus make a ton of money on revenues.

Seriously watch out of the Marlins in 5 years, especially if they get a new stadium. They'll be full of talent and making a ton of money they might be the Braves of the 2010's (ala winning the East every year).

i hope there the braves of the 2010's in florida :(

Every time we take 3 steps forward we take 4 steps back

Well this proves who the real fans are, I will still watch every televised game I can and cheer my team on even though it doesnt look good, just like I didn in 99 and 00 when we were terrible

I'll still watch all the games I can, and like always I'll attend a handful of games.

1) Joey Gathright, CF
2) Pokey Reese, SS
3) Jeremy Hermida, RF
4) Miguel Cabrera, 3B
5) Mike Jacobs, 1B
6) Josh Willingham, LF
7) Miguel Olivo, C
8) Dan Uggla, 2B

I'd like to see Ham become a good enough C to play there, because he'd instantly be one of the top 5 offensive catchers in the league, but I don't see it happening as of now. Uggla gets his shot, Hanley starts in the minors for about 3 months, gets called up around the AS Break.

1) Dontrelle Willis, LHP
2) Brian Moehler, RHP
3) Jason Vargas, LHP
4) Josh Johnson, RHP
5) Yusmeiro Petit, RHP

Scott Olsen takes Petit's place if we don't get Gathright/somehow don't need him to acquire Gathright, which would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom