**Official 2013 Draft Prospect Discussion Thread** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2013 Draft Prospect Discussion Thread**

footsteps_falco

Damn SugarBowl
Club Member
Reaction score
A&M Ryan Swope

Every Texas A&M game i've gone back to watch Swope just makes play after play for Tannehill.... vs Arkansas, vs Oklahoma state, vs LSU, vs Northwestern.....

If you go back and just look out for #25 Swope the kid just gets it done. He's listed as a wideout? but he reminds me of a Danny Woodhead type with a little less speed but more toughness.

Who is the WR that wears #7? and the TE that wears #80... these guys make some pretty good catches too.

Fuller for me is love/hate in 4 games i've watched so far. Every other throw is a comeback or a post so I feel like I haven't seen him do too much more then that. Size wise I can't believe how big he looks next to dbacks.. especially in the arkansas game. But he seems to leave Tannehill out to dry a lot, some lack of concentration maybe? or just inconsistent hands maybe? He also doesn't give 100% on every play you can tell very quickly. Seems like a ton of potential though.... but yea

What year is Swope in? will he be declaring next year?

swope will be one of the top wrs in next years daft. bad thing is is that he is a slot guy, and we dont have a need for that right now. but the guy is a player

i agree that 25 kept showing up in all the films/videos I saw. love to take him next year if it doesn't cost too much.

looks like a guy with all heart and loads of talent.lets see how he does with a new coach and qb.perhaps he gets better or has a down year it will all depend on the new system brought in and how his role changes there at a&m

I'm going to make one general thread for discussion on any/all prospects for the 2013 Draft. It's a lot easier for everyone to keep up with and makes for less clutter to sift through. A lot of information on these kids tends to get lost in the abyss due to too many threads. If a thread is created in the draft forum that I feel like belongs here (i.e. "what about player X"?, etc.) I'm going to merge it so you might as well just put it here to start with.

This will be a great thread for questions and/or discussion on the numerous draft eligible players for 2013 as we get ready for the season and throughout.

I'll start. If the Miami Dolphins can find a way to come out of the 2013 NFL Draft with DE Bjoern Werner of Florida State then I think they should do that and I *almost* don't even care what the price tag is.

I just love the guy and further I think he's the perfect end to pair up with Cameron Wake long term. Now that they have signed Wake to a long term contract, that only encourages me toward Werner all the more. Hit offenses with pass rushers like Werner, Wake, Vernon, Starks and Odrick, and you have the basis for building the kind of 4-3 defense that can fight against some of the passing attacks we're seeing in the NFL.

Matt Elam. Potentially the best safety in the 2013 Draft if he came out.

Where does Matt Elam project v. where we are projected to draft.

I know this is all a long ways away but it's always fun to speculate.

Matt Elam is a guy who will be high on everyone's board. Rambo is a guy you can get in the second or third round.

Where does Matt Elam project v. where we are projected to draft.

I know this is all a long ways away but it's always fun to speculate.

Matt Elam is a guy who will be high on everyone's board. Rambo is a guy you can get in the second or third round.

I was under the impression Matt Elam was still under the radar...but maybe not.

Way too far away to say who will be available where, IMO.

Elam is going to get knocked for his height (between 5'10" and 5'11") right off the bat. He doesn't have the ball hawking ability of an Earl Thomas (who was also coached by Muschamp at Texas) at that size, so he's not going to make up for it there. However, I really like Elam. He's a hard worker, a good kid, has leadership qualities, and dedicated to film study. He's a very assignment sound safety. He's got good hips, evident by how Muschamp will use him in the slot in man coverage. Basically, I have him as a 2nd rounder at this point, and the 3rd underclassman safety behind Eric Reid and Nickoe Whitley.

Bacarri Rambo is a higher risk type of kid due to off field issues, but the ability is there. He's got 13 INT's in 3 years, and returned 3 of 'em for TD's.

Kevin Minter is probably the best of what's been a weak linebacking unit for LSU, but he never stands out when I watch him. I think he's a mediocre prospect right now, but still has 2 years ahead of him to produce. Probably will need both.

Very possible that there could be two Florida State defensive ends in 2013 that I end up liking more than Brandon Jenkins. It's not that Jenkins is a bad player, I just question his ability to finish plays at the next level.

Bjoern Werner is top dog there, followed by Timmy Jernigan who won't even be eligible next year, but after that I do like Cornellius Carradine. So raw, not doing the right things at all, inconsistent off the snap, gets off balance, but he looks straight from central casting for a DE and he actually moves like one, more pure athleticism and quick twitch than Bjoern Werner.

Back
Top Bottom