Official 76ers Thread | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

All this talk of missing Dalembert is funny. The bum is gone already and the Sixers are better off for it. No he will not be missed...period, now can we move on already? The draft is a just short 3 days away!!!

It always pissed me off watching Dalembert have a great block, then feel the need to make a play on the other end of the floor. 9 times out of 10 that ended in disaster.
All of those plays did end in disaster. Either way, let's move on, Sammy is gone and we should focus on the draft on Thursday.

Read on Yahoo Sixers interested in Brian Scalibrine. Hope we don't sign him... I was looking for a cheap signing, give me Sean Williams. I'd take Theo Ratliff back in a heartbeat as well. Adonal Foyle and Tony Battie would be better options for the vet minimum imo.

Edit - Just heard there's no truth to that report, thank god.

Add Kevin Seraphin to the list of bigs the Sixers like in the draft. From everything I've seen of him, reminds me of Serge Ibaka. I like that he's played professionally in France, better competition than what college players face, especially the competition a lot of these bigs in the draft have faced playing at Marshall (Whiteside), Tulsa (Jordan), and VCU (Sanders) to name a few. His teammate Rodrigue Beaubois looked pretty good with the Mavs last year.

Read on Yahoo Sixers interested in Brian Scalibrine. Hope we don't sign him... I was looking for a cheap signing, give me Sean Williams. I'd take Theo Ratliff back in a heartbeat as well. Adonal Foyle and Tony Battie would be better options for the vet minimum imo.

Edit - Just heard there's no truth to that report, thank god.
Thank god that report is wrong. It would be sad if they were interested in him instead of someone else.

Am I the only one not high on Turner? His shot is awkward, and he doesn't seem to possess the explosion necessary to be premier 3. If he's going to excel, it will have to be in a way similar to P. Pierce, where he uses patiences and fakes to get his shot off. I just don't see that type of skill set, though. I'm not high on this draft class after Wall. We'll see.

You're not the only one. That Carolina game still sticks with me, where Ginyard harassed Turner into 9 turnovers and generally rendered him ineffective. Hes so good at using his body but the size advantage goes away in the pros.

People like to compare him to Roy because of their similar body types but everyone seems to forget how good of an athlete Roy is. The guy has a 40" vert. That's what lets him get away with the relatively shorter wingspan. I'd agree that Turner is going to have to develop along the lines of other slower, more crafty types like Pierce. Its certainly possible, but I do cringe when people call him a sure thing.....the most NBA ready prospect. He has a lot of work to do.

yeah to me turner lacks explosion...but he can score in a variety of ways and that length can help ease some concerns about his ability to get his shot off...i said a while ago that to me he's more paul pierce than brandon roy...but he doesn't have pierces range on his jumper yet...

he's also a guy imo who needs the ball in order to be effective...off the dribble guy...working on moving without the ball to get to high scoring areas etc is something he'll have to develop

Hes not Paul Pierce. Pierce gets away with limited athletic ability with his strength and 7' wingspan. Turner is always going to be limited by those short arms.

We'll see.....it does seem unfair but those physical limitations just make it so much more difficult to excel at this level. As we've been witnessing with Beasley, its hard to overcome everyone being bigger, quicker, and stronger, no matter how skilled you are.

You're not the only one. That Carolina game still sticks with me, where Ginyard harassed Turner into 9 turnovers and generally rendered him ineffective. Hes so good at using his body but the size advantage goes away in the pros.

People like to compare him to Roy because of their similar body types but everyone seems to forget how good of an athlete Roy is. The guy has a 40" vert. That's what lets him get away with the relatively shorter wingspan. I'd agree that Turner is going to have to develop along the lines of other slower, more crafty types like Pierce. Its certainly possible, but I do cringe when people call him a sure thing.....the most NBA ready prospect. He has a lot of work to do.

I truly believe that Turner will be the savior for this organzation and the face if it for many years. There are no sure thing but he is as close they come. Every player comes w/ some neagtives. For example if the 76ers ended up w/ the 1 overall pick and selected John Wall w/ it, all we would of heard for the last week, was how Wall cannot shoot great from the outside.

Truner will be just fine imo. People forget, certain fit well better into the nba then college. I think that's the case w/ Turner. Seriosuly who plays a lick of defense that hard in the nba? Not many players to b honest. Turner is going to make this team better immediately, u watch and see.

The problem is that Turner's negatives cannot be overcome. Wall can learn how to shoot, Turner is not going to grow longer arms or jump higher anytime soon.

I think his wingspan and athleticism severely limit his ceiling. He can be very good, but there is a formula for great, and he just does not fit. Look at the common elements of all the great wings in the game today. Wade, 'Melo, Bryant, Lebron, Roy, Durant, etc... Their "true" height, measured by standing reach + vertical jump, is out of this world. They all differ, Durant is insanely long but not much of an athlete, Roy is a great athlete but not very long. But they can all get up and stay up.

I think anyone not high on Turner or Wall is crazy personally. Athleticism is incredible overrated. So what he's not a Lebron James type athlete, he's far from a stiff. What he lacks in athleticism he more than makes up for it in instincts, moves, very good handles, very good mid range game, very good vision, strength, body control. Not to mention his excellent defense, passing, and rebounding. Turner has always played with a chip on his shoulder, now is no different with John Wall taking away all the spotlight. Turner will be a better player than Wall, take it to the bank. Also, Turner is a 2, not a 3. And at 6'7, there's few SG's his size.

Did you really just compare Beasley's situation to Turners? Not only does Beasley not have the speed or quickness of Turner, he can't create shots for himself and teammates like Turner can either. Beasley is your typical tweener. Doesn't have the handles/ability to create to be a great SF, but can't defend the 4. Exactly like Thaddeus Young, nothing like Evan Turner.

Back
Top Bottom