Official 76ers Thread | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

dude...lebron shares the ball more than any superstar in the nba...to the point that people criticize him about it...

Perhaps so. I was referring more to him playing mostly off the ball the last two seasons. I think Evans can work on not hogging the ball so much. Then again, it took Iverson 11 years to do just that so who knows.

dude...lebron shares the ball more than any superstar in the nba...to the point that people criticize him about it...

He is one of the better superstars that does share the ball in the NBA. Sometimes he doesn't because his team relies on him for too much.

ha ha...iverson as you can recall and i can attest has been the alpha dog at every level...the same guy i played against in high school was the same guy i saw in college and the nba...

it's ALL ABOUT ME...

we used to get off the bus to walk into the bethel high gymnasium and iverson would be sitting in the bleachers 2 hours before the game surrounded by literally 20 women and he called us all kinds of names as we walked by...guy was as pompous as any elite athlete i've ever encountered/played against etc...

but then he'd drop 40 points on you and you would leave the game thinking on the bus ride home that there's never been a guy in the history of the game who could go from one end of the court to the other on the dribble faster than him...just a TOTALLY different league...

Plenty. Good rebounders/shot blockers are dime a dozen. Great ones aren't so easy to find but Dalembert is far from a great defender because of how incredibly dumb he is. For every blocked shot he gets, his insanely low Basketball IQ allows a wide open shot in the paint on a poor rotation. Not to mention his 2-3 goaltends a game, awful fouls, and quick fouls.

I get it.....hes a lousy player. So just give me one that matches his production. And I'll give you some leniency on the +/- since Spieghts and Brand are pretty bad when cast as defensive centers. Find me a player who rebounds and blocks shots at a similar rate to Dalembert, and whose team is similarly better defensively when hes on the floor.

I get it.....hes a lousy player. So just give me one that matches his production. And I'll give you some leniency on the +/- since Spieghts and Brand are pretty bad when cast as defensive centers. Find me a player who rebounds and blocks shots at a similar rate to Dalembert, and whose team is similarly better defensively when hes on the floor.

Currently on the roster? None.

In the NBA.

Tyson Chandler, Theo Ratliff, Tyrus Thomas, Desagna Diop, Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah, Anderson Varejao, Rasheed Wallace, Kendrick Perkins, DeAndre Jordan, Hasheem Thabeet, Steven Hunter, Jermaine O'neal, Joel Anthony, Emeka Okafor, Paul Millsap, Jason Thompson, DJ Mbenga, Marcin Gortat, Adonal Foyle, Brendan Haywood, Erick Dampier, Tony Battie, Josh Boone, Kenyon Martin, Chris Anderson, Roy Hibbert, Jeff Foster, Jason Maxiell, Ben Wallace, Reggie Evans, Amir Johnson, Rasho Nesterovich, Chuck Hayes, DeJuan Blair, Louis Amundson, Robin Lopez, Serge Ibaka, Etan Thomas, Darko Millicic, Ryan Hollins, Marcus Camby, Joel Pryzbilla, Greg Oden, Anthony Randolph, Brandon Wright, Andres Biedrins, Ronny Turiaf, Javale McGee, Sean Williams. There's quite a few other post defenders out there that I didn't name because they just don't get minutes. David Anderson comes to mind, as does Dwayne Jones. Hamed Haddadi is another. I also left off player who play offense like Howard, Bogut, Bynum, Garnett to name a few.

Getting a shotblocker isn't this impossible task you seemingly are making it out to be. We can trade for one. There's a few out there as Free Agents who should come cheap. I would LOVE to see us get Sean Williams. Also the draft is full of shotblocking bigs. Pretty deep draft in that regard. And I know for a fact the Sixers are interested in quite a few of them like Aldrich, Udoh, Jordan, Alabi, and Favors, and have the pieces to land a pick in the 10-15 range for Udoh or Aldrich, or a later pick for Jordan or Alabi. And let's not act like Brand is an awful defender. He's still a good post defender. Probably not the shot blocker he used to be, but his physicality, great length, and instincts still make him a good defender/rebounder. I personally am expecting a good year from him being used correctly. Jason Smith is a decent shot blocker as well. Post defender, no, but he'll get you some blocks.

And how many of those players match Dalembert's production? I'm not looking for opinion here.......facts will do just fine.

And how many of those players match Dalembert's production? I'm not looking for opinion here.......facts will do just fine.

If you're interested in knowing you could look that up yourself. You wanted names of post defenders, I gave you them. Most of those players match Dalembert's production. Some don't, because they don't play the minutes that Sam does, but are still regarded as good post defenders.

Rebounds per 48: 17.7 (3rd)
Blocks per 48: 3.41 (7th) (3rd amongst starters)
Personal fouls per 48: 5.7 (15th)
Defense while on court per 100 possessions: 110.1
Defense while off court per 100: 113.5
Rebounding while on court: 51.7%
Rebounding while off court: 47.8%

Dwight Howard:

Rebounds per 48: 18.3 (1st)
Blocks per 48: 3.85 (4th) (1st amongst starters)
Personal fouls per 48: 4.8 (26th)
Defense while on court per 100 possessions: 103.6
Defense while off court per 100: 106.9
Rebounding while on court: 50.2%
Rebounding while off court: 50.2%

Defensive differential for Howard -3.3, for Dalembert -3.4
Rebounding differential for Howard 0, for Dalembert +3.9%

Four players had the impact of Dalembert. Howard, Camby, Varejao and Bogut.

Rebounds per 48: 17.7 (3rd)
Blocks per 48: 3.41 (7th) (3rd amongst starters)
Personal fouls per 48: 5.7 (15th)
Defense while on court per 100 possessions: 110.1
Defense while off court per 100: 113.5
Rebounding while on court: 51.7%
Rebounding while off court: 47.8%

Dwight Howard:

Rebounds per 48: 18.3 (1st)
Blocks per 48: 3.85 (4th) (1st amongst starters)
Personal fouls per 48: 4.8 (26th)
Defense while on court per 100 possessions: 103.6
Defense while off court per 100: 106.9
Rebounding while on court: 50.2%
Rebounding while off court: 50.2%

Defensive differential for Howard -3.3, for Dalembert -3.4
Rebounding differential for Howard 0, for Dalembert +3.9%

Four players had the impact of Dalembert. Howard, Camby, Varejao and Bogut.

Too bad they don't have an easy buckets given up per 48 stat. Or a goaltends per 48 stat. Like I've been saying. He's a great shotblocker and rebounder. However, for every block, his extremely low IQ causes him to make an awful mistake, whether it be giving up an easy bucket on a poor rotation, goaltending a jumpshop, or picking up quick fouls. Dalembert as a starter won't be missed.

So in other words the team was significantly better on defense while he was in the game because his horrible mistakes encouraged greater diligence from the other four players?

Too bad they don't have an easy buckets given up per 48 stat. Or a goaltends per 48 stat. Like I've been saying. He's a great shotblocker and rebounder. However, for every block, his extremely low IQ causes him to make an awful mistake, whether it be giving up an easy bucket on a poor rotation, goaltending a jumpshop, or picking up quick fouls. Dalembert as a starter won't be missed.
He won't be missed as a starter. He was decent on defense, but gave them nothing on offense. He makes one good play whether it be on offense or defense then he follows it with 2 or 3 bad plays. Dalembert won't be missed.

So in other words the team was significantly better on defense while he was in the game because his horrible mistakes encouraged greater diligence from the other four players?

No. The defense was better because he's the only post defender on the team. I'm not disagreeing with you that losing our only post defender makes us worse defensively. However, I couldn't disagree more with your notion that somehow post defenders are impossible to find, and that Dalembert is irreplaceable. The staff will get a shot blocker, take it to the bank. My money is on Jerome Jordan.

Also, let's be real here. Dalembert was a cancer, who didn't want to be here. He would of been traded long ago if anyone was willing to pay his trade kicker, which Sac was the only team willing to do so. I'll gladly take a 7'1 center with high potential, than letting Dummybert walk for nothing.

He won't be missed as a starter. He was decent on defense, but gave them nothing on offense. He makes one good play whether it be on offense or defense then he follows it with 2 or 3 bad plays. Dalembert won't be missed.

It always pissed me off watching Dalembert have a great block, then feel the need to make a play on the other end of the floor. 9 times out of 10 that ended in disaster.

Back
Top Bottom