Official 76ers Thread | Page 58 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

Just got word that the Sixers are now interested in Ekpe Udoh. I've been speculating about getting Udoh for awhile, stoked to hear that we're interested in him. I like him better than Aldrich.

Just got word that the Sixers are now interested in Ekpe Udoh. I've been speculating about getting Udoh for awhile, stoked to hear that we're interested in him. I like him better than Aldrich.

W/ only 1 pick how r the sixers planning on getting him???? Maybe he goes for Thad and Lou??

Thad and Lou are both being shopped for a top 15 pick.

I like that ideal a lot, too bad green couldnt go instead of Lou...Thad must go imho...no need for him now w/ Nacroni...1 of the reasons Nacroni wanted out of Sacramento was because of P/T....do u really think he is not gonan come here and cry if he gets 20 mins a game...no chance of that happening Thad is good as gone

RIP Manute Bol

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/19/10/E...Battli/landing.html?blockID=257008&feedID=704

Saturday, June 19, 2010
Posted: 3:43 p.m. | Updated: 5:36 p.m.

The Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Manute Bol, a lithe 7-foot-7 shot-blocker from Sudan who spent 10 seasons in the NBA and was dedicated to humanitarian work in Africa, died Saturday. He was 47.

Bol died at the University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville, where he was being treated for severe kidney trouble and a painful skin condition, Tom Prichard, executive director of the group Sudan Sunrise, said in an e-mail.

"Sudan and the world have lost a hero and an example for all of us," Prichard said. "Manute, we'll miss you. Our prayers and best wishes go out to all his family, and all who mourn his loss."

Bol played 10 seasons in the NBA with Washington, Golden State, Philadelphia and Miami and later worked closely as an advisory board member of Sudan Sunrise, which promotes reconciliation in Sudan. Bol averaged 2.6 points, 4.2 rebounds and 3.3 blocked shots.

"Manute's impact on this city, our franchise and the game of basketball cannot be put into words," 76ers president and general manager Ed Stefanski said in a statement. "He ... was continually giving of himself through his generosity and humanitarian efforts in order to make the world around him a much better place, for which he will always be remembered."

[video=youtube;hIYjXXvZrsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIYjXXvZrsI&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

76ers' Stefanski still looking to make more deals

When it comes to last season's 76ers, one is down, and there could be more to go.

A day after trading Samuel Dalembert to the Sacramento Kings, Sixers president and general manager Ed Stefanski on Friday said that he will continue to aggressively look for deals.

"After you come off of a 27-win season, you got to be aggressive," Stefanski said. "We are going to keep looking to see if we can tweak this even more. Yeah, we have to be more active."

The team shipped the disgruntled Dalembert, a 6-foot-11 center, to the Kings for 7-1 center Spencer Hawes and 6-7 combo forward Andres Nocioni , both of whom lobbied to leave Sacramento.

Stefanski wouldn't name players he is willing to part with or positions he wants to upgrade through a trade.

"I don't know what positions or big needs [need attention], but we will just see the players that we have and what we can get back for them if it makes us better," Stefanski said. "We are not going to make a trade for the sake of making a trade. Yesterday, we made a trade that made basketball sense to us."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...looking_to_make_more_deals.html#axzz0rLcLPKJB

Reinforces what I've been hearing about Thad and Lou being shopped. Article also offers some quotes about why they did the Dalembert trade. Collins thinks Hawes is a very good up and coming Center. Loves Hawes passing ability. I find it ironic, Hawes would be the PERFECT fit for the princeton... Excellent passer, has 3 point range. Has a nice post game too. The full package offensively. Collins compares hin to Brad Miller which is a nexcellent comparison. If he's develops anything like Brad Miller in his prime, I'll be a happy camper. And of course he talks about why they got Nocioni. Good read.

Interview with Spencer Hawes.

http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/sixers/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10119684

Good to see he's working on getting stronger so he can be more of the post player he was in Washington. Says Philly will love his passing ability, and that plays can go through him. Hawes could work wonders for our half court offense. Out goes Dalembert who has no offense whatsoever and is dumber than a box of rocks, in comes a very smart player with a full offensive package, passing, shooting, and post game.

Evan Turner workout video

[video=youtube;DUWUiHIxufM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUWUiHIxufM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Defensive minded bigs are not really hard to find. Aldrich and Udoh are defensive minded bigs. Philly likes Aldrich a lot, and are shopping Thad for Aldrich, or Henry if Aldrich isn't available. Philly is also more than willing to land a later pick to land Soloman Alibi or Jerome Jordan, both defensive minded bigs, and both whom they like a lot. Derrick Favors, Larry Sanders, and Hassan Whiteside also are defensive minded bigs in the draft. There's a few more as well. There's also the possibility of trading for one as well.

I should clarify that. Defensive minded bigs who plan on playing in the NBA. 1 out of 4 of those guys drafted will make it more than 3 years, probably none will become a quality starter. Dalembert is a rare thing.....he will not be easy to replace.

I actually really like Jason Smith. But to answer the question, yes, Hawes is a better prospect. Hawes has a very nice offensive skillset. Good post game, good mid range game, has 3 point range, decent passer. Hawes has the potential to be a Chris Kaman/Brad Miller, can't really say the same for Smith, who doesn't even have the potential to be a starter imo.

Gotta love the eternal optimism. Good luck with that.

I should clarify that. Defensive minded bigs who plan on playing in the NBA. 1 out of 4 of those guys drafted will make it more than 3 years, probably none will become a quality starter. Dalembert is a rare thing.....he will not be easy to replace.

Gotta love the eternal optimism. Good luck with that.

It isn't really optimism. Hawes is a much, much better prospect than Smith. Dalembert is really not a rare thing. He's an incredibly overrated defender. For every block, he has an awful goaltend. For every block, he allows a wide open layup. For every block, he gives an awful foul, usually two quick ones putting him on the bench. Dalembert is one of the dumbest players in the NBA, and I'm personally glad he's gone.

Just heard of a possible draft day trade. However I have no clue the validity of it as this isn't coming from my usual source, so take it for what it's worth.

Kings: In - Mo Williams
Out - Beno Udrih, #5 pick

Cavs: In - Iguodala, Beno Udrih
Out - Mo Williams, West, Green, Telfair

76ers: In - #5, West, Green, Telfair (all expirings)
Out - Iguodala

Salary numbers are a bit off but that's the general idea. Like I said, not sure of the validitiy, but I think this could be plausible. The Sixers were in discussion with the Cavs about trading Iggy at the deadline, so the Cavs do have interest in Iggy. That trade discussion also included West/Green. However the #5 pick is much more enticing than JJ Hickson. Mo Williams and West are on the trade block, so the Cavs are looking to get rid of both. Mo Williams would be a great fit with Tyreke Evans. I personally would do it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Cousins, and if he's not there, we get a great alternative for Iggy in Wesley Johnson. Great athlete, can shoot the ball. He's also as good a defender as Iggy, with his great length, gets a lot of steals and blocks for a wing, can defend multiple positions. Think Shawn Marion, which I think is a great comparison. Opens up a lot of cap room too, and is a better fit than Iguodala with his ability to spot up. He Only way this doesn't happen is if the Kings would rather use the #5 than trade it for Mo Williams. Cavs and Sixers do it in a heartbeat imo.

It isn't really optimism. Hawes is a much, much better prospect than Smith. Dalembert is really not a rare thing. He's an incredibly overrated defender. For every block, he has an awful goaltend. For every block, he allows a wide open layup. For every block, he gives an awful foul, usually two quick ones putting him on the bench. Dalembert is one of the dumbest players in the NBA, and I'm personally glad he's gone.
I am so glad that Dalembert is gone. He made so many stupid plays that I was embarassed that he was our starting center. If they did keep him, they should have used him as the backup. Either way, I am relieved that Sam is gone.

So how many of him exist? Lets just go by the easily measurable things....rebounding rate, blocked shots, and on/off court defense.

Plenty. Good rebounders/shot blockers are dime a dozen. Great ones aren't so easy to find but Dalembert is far from a great defender because of how incredibly dumb he is. For every blocked shot he gets, his insanely low Basketball IQ allows a wide open shot in the paint on a poor rotation. Not to mention his 2-3 goaltends a game, awful fouls, and quick fouls.

Back
Top Bottom