Official 76ers Thread | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

No worries amigo, no way in hell 76ers trade #2 pick. Stefanaski knows he is lucky to still be employed so he is gonna take no chances. Also lets factor in, not 1 player besides John Wall in this draft can equal the value of Evan Turner. Favors is a great player but he is a little raw. Turner is a beast, and is going to be a all-star in 3 season! T-wolves r just hoping and praying Eddie boy is that dumb to make a move.

I agree. With Stefanski trying to keep his job, there's 0% chance he picks anyone over Turner. We've had good success in the draft though, so I have no worries. Tony DiLeo and Gene Shue know what they're doing, hell, that's one of the reasons I'm so confident about Collins being the coach. DiLeo and Shue were as big a part of his hiring as Stefanski was.

No worries amigo, no way in hell 76ers trade #2 pick. Stefanaski knows he is lucky to still be employed so he is gonna take no chances. Also lets factor in, not 1 player besides John Wall in this draft can equal the value of Evan Turner. Favors is a great player but he is a little raw. Turner is a beast, and is going to be a all-star in 3 season! T-wolves r just hoping and praying Eddie boy is that dumb to make a move.
The Sixers would be stupid to trade the #2 pick, which I agree with you. There is no better fit in this draft for the Sxers than Evan Turner. He is what they need and I would be seriously disappointed if the Sixers do not pick him, but I think they will.

The Sixers would be stupid to trade the #2 pick, which I agree with you. There is no better fit in this draft for the Sxers than Evan Turner. He is what they need and I would be seriously disappointed if the Sixers do not pick him, but I think they will.

if the sixers didnt draft turner u would not be the only 1 who is dissapointed...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...o_plans_to_shop_No__2_pick.html#axzz0qOwV9Qwz

t's Rumor Time in the NBA. The draft is June 24, the rumors are everywhere.

If you go to enough Web sites, you will read that the 76ers are shopping the No. 2 pick, that they're looking to trade the pick, that they're looking to move down in the first round.

No, no and no.

That's what president/general manager Ed Stefanski said yesterday, taking a break from preparing for a 3-day, leaguewide predraft scouting combine, starting today at the New Jersey Nets' practice site.

The Sixers have never said so publicly, but - by all accounts - they are poised to use the No. 2 pick to select Evan Turner, of Ohio State.

"We're listening to anybody who calls, but we have not shopped the No. 2 pick whatsoever," Stefanski said. "We don't shut our phones off, but it would take a blockbuster for us to consider moving the pick."
Helps confirm what I've been saying/hearing for weeks. Sixers aren't taking anyone other than Turner, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Also interesting. This coming on one of the Sixers boards I post on from a very credible poster, "Sixers are starting to call people about ticket plans. I got called this morning. Their marketing slogan is that new coach, Iguodala playing his natural position with a true SG coming in. Guy literally said that to me." Also hearing that Philly has talked with 3 different teams about trades. We've talked to Indiana about Thad + Lou for #10 + Jeff Foster. No way I do that one. Talked with the Raptors about a Lou for Jack trade. Raps want Thad, but need to get rid of Hedo 1st, who we are not interested in. Supposedly a Thad + Lou for Jarrett Jack + Marco Bellinelli + #13 trade proposed. I do that one. Jack is a better fit than Lou, he can shoot and defend. Marco gives us another shooter, and we land a guy like Ekpe Udoh at 13. Last but not least, Philly has contacted Clevelent about bringing Delonte West back to Philly. No other players mentioned. I like West as a role player who can shoot and defend, I like his mostly non-guaranteed contract even better.

EDIT - Another little tidbit I learned is that the Sixers really like Jerome Jordan and Soloman Alibi at the end of the 1st, and would be willing to trade/buy a late 1st to land one if unable to land an early 1st rounder. Supposedly they like Omar Samham as well as a second rounder.

Kings releasing their pre-draft workouts again this year. This one has some of the Center prospects like Aldrich, Udoh, Orton, and Whiteside.

[video=youtube;Mh4cMkKiAus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4cMkKiAus&feature=channel[/video]

If Whiteside didn't have such an awfully bloated ego, I'd really like to draft him. The guy has a very nice skillset and you can't teach size. Whiteside and Aldrich were supposedly the two best guys in the workout for what it's worth.

Collins has filled out his coaching staff. Aaron McKie, Michael Curry, Brian James, and Quin Snyder. Not bad. Steve Mix is still a possibility, and looks like Lawrence Frank isn't going to happen.

Evan Turner won't be working out for anyone but the Sixers. Says it's a perfect fit. Wouldn't surprise me if Stefanski told him he'd be the pick either.

Collins has filled out his coaching staff. Aaron McKie, Michael Curry, Brian James, and Quin Snyder. Not bad. Steve Mix is still a possibility, and looks like Lawrence Frank isn't going to happen.

Evan Turner won't be working out for anyone but the Sixers. Says it's a perfect fit. Wouldn't surprise me if Stefanski told him he'd be the pick either.
I think that even Evan knows that he is going to go second in the draft. He is working out for the Sixers to show what he can bring to them. I can't wait to see him in a Sixers jersey.

Good riddance Dalembert. I knew we were trying to land a big man with potential but this one came out of the blue. Dalembert traded to the Kings for Spencer Hawes and Andres Nocioni.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5297829

I have to say I like this trade. I like Spencer Hawes. Not a great defender/rebounder but decent. The guy can score, and has good potential. At 7'1, has great size. I like Nocioni as well. Physical forward who can shoot and play decent defense. Don't like his contract, though it isn't all too bad. Just under 7 mill a year for the next two seasons. The third year is a team option.

This did come from Chad Ford though... However Draft Express did leak over the weekend that a trade was going to happen on Monday or Tuesday. Guess this is what they meant.

The real question is what does this mean for the #2 pick? Some people are speculation that this means Derrick Favors is the pick. I like Favors a lot, but I highly doubt this. I've been saying for awhile Thad will be traded, this further proves that imo. Nocioni will replace Thad, and is a much better fit that Than as well imo. he can shoot, and he isn't afraid to get physical and defend either. I think Thad and probably Lou gets traded, and we draft Aldrich, or more than likely Udoh since Aldrich goes top 10 imo. Either that or we land a late 1st early 2nd and draft Alibi or Jordan.

i always liked nocioni when he was a bull if i recall correctly...tough get under your skin defender who can give you double digit scoring or so if given enough minutes...

hawes has great size and decent feet...i don't see him as a future top level nba starting center however...

i'm sure you guys won't take him but cousins of late has killed it in some team workouts and that kid has 20 ppg double digit rebounds potential long term at center...i really think some teams are gonna wish they didn't pass on him in not very long...i wish boston could get him...i like his footwork and nba body and soft touch...and impact bigs are so hard to come by...always lack something...

derrick favors is nice too...that body with legit 6 ft 10 plus length is great...and i read evan turner is a legit 6 ft 7...he could even play some small forward with that length...i swear i see a lot of paul pierce there...

Strange trade.....I can only assume its the precursor to other moves. Its like the Sixers are collecting PFs who can't rebound or play defense.

Cousins has all sorts of glaring red flags. I'd be very afraid if I were a GM.....he reminds me more of Derrick Coleman than Duncan. You just wonder what's going to happen after he cashes the first check.

Back
Top Bottom