Official 76ers Thread | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

That's true, but we don't need another low post defender, we need a low post scorer. So Aldrich wouldn't do much for me.

We have one on the roster. His name is Mareese Speights. Collins seems to like him a lot. If Speights works on his rebounding and defense, he can be a very good player in this league. Reminds me a lot of Amare Stoudemire. Not as athletic, but has a better jumper. Aldrich will be replacing Sam. And it's not like he's a complete liability offensively. He's quite solid on the offensive end. If not Aldrich what about Ekpe Udoh? Larry Sanders? I like both. I just think Aldrich is going to be a very solid starting C in this league. Not great at anything (besides shotblocking), but solid at everything. His ceiling is a Chris Kaman with better defense. His floor is probably Joel Pryzbilla. I don't think he's ever going to be an all star, but I'd say he's going to have a successful career. That being said a C isn't a given. The staff is very high on Xavier Henry and would have traded down to get him if they couldn't get Turner. I wouldn't be opposed to Henry at all. I think he's going to be a good player in this league. Draft Henry to be our Jamal Crawford, and move Lou. I'd be quite happy with a draft of Evan Turner and one of either Henry, Aldrich, Udoh, or Sanders.

Full Doug Collins press conference on NBA.com.

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/sixers/2010/05/24/100524collinspt1mov-1326275/ Part 1

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/sixers/2010/05/24/100524collinspt2mov-1326299/ Part 2

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/sixers/2010/05/24/100524collinspt3mov-1326297/ Part 3

I recommend watching all 30 minutes of this PC. Gives you a great idea on what Collins feels needs to be done, and how he feels about certain players. He also states that he is keeping Aaron McKie on the coaching staff. Says he likes him a lot, and really liked what he did with Jrue and some of the young guys.

We have one on the roster. His name is Mareese Speights. Collins seems to like him a lot. If Speights works on his rebounding and defense, he can be a very good player in this league. Reminds me a lot of Amare Stoudemire. Not as athletic, but has a better jumper. Aldrich will be replacing Sam. And it's not like he's a complete liability offensively. He's quite solid on the offensive end. If not Aldrich what about Ekpe Udoh? Larry Sanders? I like both. I just think Aldrich is going to be a very solid starting C in this league. Not great at anything (besides shotblocking), but solid at everything. His ceiling is a Chris Kaman with better defense. His floor is probably Joel Pryzbilla. I don't think he's ever going to be an all star, but I'd say he's going to have a successful career. That being said a C isn't a given. The staff is very high on Xavier Henry and would have traded down to get him if they couldn't get Turner. I wouldn't be opposed to Henry at all. I think he's going to be a good player in this league. Draft Henry to be our Jamal Crawford, and move Lou. I'd be quite happy with a draft of Evan Turner and one of either Henry, Aldrich, Udoh, or Sanders.

Full Doug Collins press conference on NBA.com.

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/sixers/2010/05/24/100524collinspt1mov-1326275/ Part 1

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/sixers/2010/05/24/100524collinspt2mov-1326299/ Part 2

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/sixers/2010/05/24/100524collinspt3mov-1326297/ Part 3

I recommend watching all 30 minutes of this PC. Gives you a great idea on what Collins feels needs to be done, and how he feels about certain players. He also states that he is keeping Aaron McKie on the coaching staff. Says he likes him a lot, and really liked what he did with Jrue and some of the young guys.

udoh and sanders r better options then adlrich...udoh is going to be a good player and sanders is raw but he will learn...both better options then big cole..i think i rather keep lou around more then young...lou is tougher, s'thing young is not...

enough talk about adlrich, he stinks. he is gonna be a bust...

I disagree. I've seen enough tape on Aldrich to be sure he's not going to be a bust. All-star? Probably not. But definitely not a bust. The smartest big man in the draft, his basketball IQ is great. Great defender. Good rebounder. Good vision making him a decent passer, especially out of double teams, and he's a great outlet passer. A solid mid range game, solid pick and roll/pop game, and a good FT shooter. Solid footwork, good touch at the rim, decent post moves. Decent at getting position in the paint. His only real weakness is athleticism, but he's by no means a stiff. Solid at everything, great at nothing fits Aldrich very well, but as I said, he is a great shotblocker. I'd be shocked if he busted. He's going to be a quality big man in this league, not great, but a solid starting Center. As much as I like Thad and Lou, I'd trade either in a heartbeat if it meant drafting Aldrich.

meh... aldrich is a good defender in the college game but he's not an athlete by any means and doesn't really get off the floor ever...i see him as a rotational big who gets dunked on on the regular...and his offensive game is pretty limited...slow feet poor lateral movement...posterized

i just don't think a lot of his game will translate to the pros and the athletes he'll be matched up against...

top 15 pick roll player imo...there's a reason he stayed in school as long as he did...

the backup big for kentucky this year orton is another waste pick imo...

absolutely got to disagree with anyone who thinks aldrich or orton is a real impact pro player...and i don't think aldrich's solid at everything...not even close

orton you might as well go play the power ball lottery...you've got about the same odds

one thing about bigs...other than the elite athletes etc its a crap shoot as far as pro players...so anything is possible...but i wouldn't want to be the gm trying to convince my coaching staff and owner that a cole aldrich or a whatever his name orton will be nba impact players...

orton i think will be a d league guy for a while and aldrich does have one good thing going for him...well coached at kansas...

one thing about bigs...other than the elite athletes etc its a crap shoot as far as pro players...so anything is possible...but i wouldn't want to be the gm trying to convince my coaching staff and owner that a cole aldrich or a whatever his name orton will be nba impact players...

orton i think will be a d league guy for a while and aldrich does have one good thing going for him...well coached at kansas...

I'm not a fan of Orton but will have to disagree with Aldrich. He's not a great athlete, but he's incredibly smart, and has very high basketball IQ. If he can bulk up a bit (has a great frame to do so) and become tougher in the paint, he will be a great defender similar to Kendrick Perkins, who's far from an athlete, yet usually dominates the most athletic C in the league. Aldrich isn't nothing to write home about offensively, but let's not act like he's useless either. Will knock down open jumpers. Not the best footwork, not the best post moves, but it's decent, and can be worked on. Good touch in the post, his smarts, and his vision make his post game look better. I think he'll be a solid starting Center in the NBA, and is a coachable kid, we'll see though. Collins wants a big who can defend, and is smart, Aldrich brings that. He won't be asked to be a scorer, but Aldrich is a good opportunity scorer.

We won't have a chance at Aldrich though, I think he goes top 10. Will come down to Udoh or Sanders.

The Idiot Chad Ford is at it again. First he says the Sixers are willing to trade #2 to deal Brand, Collins came out and squashed that. Then he reported That Chris Bosh gave the Raptors a list of teams he'd like to go to, which they of course deny. Now he's reporting that we're leaning towards Derrick Favors. Pay it no attention. Not true in the slightest.

Aldrich is never becoming Perkins......Perkins may not have the greatest vertical or anything but he has some amazingly quick feet.

The Idiot Chad Ford is at it again. First he says the Sixers are willing to trade #2 to deal Brand, Collins came out and squashed that. Then he reported That Chris Bosh gave the Raptors a list of teams he'd like to go to, which they of course deny. Now he's reporting that we're leaning towards Derrick Favors. Pay it no attention. Not true in the slightest.

I know what u mean. I have seen a few reports saying Philly would be better off trading the pick. I think it is a lot of BS. I pay no attention to it either. All it is: reporters trying to get people to read thier garbage. Too much nonsense, no way philly would trade the # 2 pick. One reason is because Turner is a stud and anothe reason: They can't afford to trade away a player who has the potential to becoming a superstar in the NBA. Not gonna happen.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Aldrich is never becoming Perkins......Perkins may not have the greatest vertical or anything but he has some amazingly quick feet.

Aldrich is Greg Ostertag rein-carnated aka a bum

Sixers coach Collins meets with Iguodala to ease concerns

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports..._Iguodala_to_ease_concerns.html#ixzz0pJT4Aa8l

Great article. It's encouraging to know he'll make sure Iggy doesn't chuck up jumpers anymore. With Collins history of coaching wings, I'm confident he'll lead Iggy the right direction.
I think that Collins can lead Iggy in the right direction. Collins has the pieces to make this a competitive team once again. I am curious to see this team next year.

I think that Collins can lead Iggy in the right direction. Collins has the pieces to make this a competitive team once again. I am curious to see this team next year.

Will be interesting to see for sure. I think Iggy can be a a much better player sticking to a role, and not being the 1st scoring option. Let him defend, run, get back door cuts, and let him attack the rim. Like Collins said, less 3 pointers, more free throws.

Slow time for news. I can tell you though that the Sixers are shopping for another top 15 pick. Their top two targets are Cole Aldrich and Xavier Henry. I would LOVE Xavier Henry. Imagine a rotation at the 1-3 of Holiday, Turner, Iggy, Henry, Lou Williams/Jodie Meeks. If we could trade Lou and replace him with Henry, that would be great. Henry can shoot, handle the ball and attack the rim, and is a decent defender. If not Henry, Udoh/Aldrich are fine with me. Larry Sanders around #20 would be fine with me also. I've taken Whiteside off my board. While I like his talent, he's waaaaaaaaaay to arrogant about his skillset for me. Listening to his interviews, I'd be shocked if this kid is coachable.

aldrich isn't as physical as perkins and i don't think he's gonna lose all that baby fat and muscle up in the pros like perk...i think the ostertag comparisons with aldrich are pretty accurate but i do like aldrichs feet a little better than tags...

Back
Top Bottom