Official 76ers Thread | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

Collins was hired to a 4 yr contract. Love it and hope he brings the young players along. Needs to get the most out of Iggy too and work hard on defense. Good choice, i'm optismitic about this.

Some stuff I'm hearing about possible assistant coaches. Lawrence Frank has been asked, but he's still interviewing for head coaching positions. Brian James who prviously coached under Collins will probably be an assistant. Heard Michael Curry's name mentioned. And heard that Aaron McKie may be retained, whom Collins coached in Detroit.

Edit - Scratch "may", McKie WILL be retained. Michael Curry comes in only if Frank doesn't. Also hearing Larry Drew's name mentioned. Which makes sense. Former assistant under Collins. Currently an assistant with the Hawks, but with Woodson gone, he may be as well. Last but not least, hearing we want a big man assistant, haven't heard any names on that one though.

Another thing to note, most coaches have that position they're best with, in Collins case, it's the wings. Will be interesting to see what he does With Turner, Iggy, and Young.

I know there is a really good chance they will take Turner. I was just being sarcastic.

Oh, got ya :up:

Only thing I'm really wondering about as far as draft is concerned, do we land another 1st to take a big? From what I've been hearing the last week, Speights and/or Thad will not be on this team this upcoming season.

Only thing I'm really wondering about as far as draft is concerned, do we land another 1st to take a big? From what I've been hearing the last week, Speights and/or Thad will not be on this team this upcoming season.
I would be surprised if either were not on the team next season.

from what i have read it seems to me that young could be odd man out...lets see what happens

I would be surprised if either were not on the team next season.

I'd be shocked if Thad remains on the team personally. If the team can get a high-mid 1st round rounder to draft a Center, they'll pull the trigger. Collins likes Speights. Looks like he won't be going after all, which I'm more than fine with. He may be a liability on defense, and is an average rebounder, but the guy can score, that's for sure. And can do it several ways. Whether posting up, jump shots, or dunks/lobs. He reminds me a lot of Stoudemire, just not as explosive.

Chad Ford reporting that Philly is willing to trade #2 to move Brand. I can guarantee that this is false as long as Turner is available. It also comes from Chad Ford, and considering he's never right about anything, makes me feel even stronger that this is a false report. Not to mention, Collins is a Brand fan. It was hard to really gauge where Brand was at last year. He shown signs, but never got consistent playing time. Collins will keep Brand and try to get the best out of him. Again, we are not trading #2, take it to the bank.

"Doug deserves any opportunity that comes his way," Michael Jordan told me Wednesday. "Doug is an outstanding coach. He works hard. He's committed to the game, and he knows what he's doing. I've never had any problems with him, and I don't suspect anyone else will, either. At least not anybody who cares about improving and winning."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...gure_why_he_would_take_job.html#axzz0oZdJbchg

The greatest player to ever play the game likes the signing, good to hear.

Some updates. Sixers have inquired about Thunder C, and former teammate of Evan Turner, Byron Mullens. Can't say I know much about other than he's talented, but a project, but at 7'0", 275 lb, has great size. Also hearing that Haseem Thabeet could be traded. Any interest? Is a project, but you can't teach size. Wouldn't be bad to bring him off the bench to rebound and block shots. Seems like Dalembert won't be traded. His 3 million trade kicker scares a lot of teams away. If he stays he will get 30+ minutes a night to rebound and block shots. Nothing more, nothing less. If we keep him, I'd love to resign him at a much cheaper price. I like Sam, he just isn't worth anything near 12 mil a year.

"Doug deserves any opportunity that comes his way," Michael Jordan told me Wednesday. "Doug is an outstanding coach. He works hard. He's committed to the game, and he knows what he's doing. I've never had any problems with him, and I don't suspect anyone else will, either. At least not anybody who cares about improving and winning."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...gure_why_he_would_take_job.html#axzz0oZdJbchg

The greatest player to ever play the game likes the signing, good to hear.

Some updates. Sixers have inquired about Thunder C, and former teammate of Evan Turner, Byron Mullens. Can't say I know much about other than he's talented, but a project, but at 7'0", 275 lb, has great size. Also hearing that Haseem Thabeet could be traded. Any interest? Is a project, but you can't teach size. Wouldn't be bad to bring him off the bench to rebound and block shots. Seems like Dalembert won't be traded. His 3 million trade kicker scares a lot of teams away. If he stays he will get 30+ minutes a night to rebound and block shots. Nothing more, nothing less. If we keep him, I'd love to resign him at a much cheaper price. I like Sam, he just isn't worth anything near 12 mil a year.

Let me 1st tell u about Thabeet. I'm a UConn fan and u do not want that guy on your team. For 3 years I waited patiently for that guy to blow me away and u know what, he never did. With his height and structure, he should have been avergaing about 18-22 ppg and he never did. Bigger, faster and more physicals centers eat him alive. He is a 1st class pus*y. Take it from me, no matter if he is even a bench player, u dont want Thabeet on your team.

Mullens is a project I rather say no thanks too. He has all this hype at OSu and did nothing. He is slow and uesless. Let's think on this, if he was any good, would OK City already give up on a big guy w/ talent? I think not. The trade rumor that I hear has sixers trading back w/ the T-Wolves for their picks 4 and 16 along w/ Al Jefferson. Sixers would then move pick num 2 and Brand to them.

I hear they want Turner really bad and will do a'thing to get him. Honestly I want no part of that. Those two picks dont equal Turner. In a nutshell, if Eddie boy does this, philly fans would tear him a new A-hole. I think it is less then 10% this trade happens. I think Brand in can help the young guys on this team. No need to trade him when now he isn't the focal point of the offense. Now he is option # 2 or 3 perhaps. I think it works out well for all parties.

Back
Top Bottom