Official 76ers Thread | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

i'd take udoh from baylor over orton all day long...orton hasn't proven squat and udoh has that length and athleticism that thrives in the nba game...

I like Udoh a lot more than Orton as well. What do you think of Hassan Whiteside and Larry Sanders? I wouldn't mind picking up a 2nd rounder and drafting Omar Samhan either.

I like Udoh a lot more than Orton as well. What do you think of Hassan Whiteside and Larry Sanders? I wouldn't mind picking up a 2nd rounder and drafting Omar Samhan either.

have to admit haven't paid much attention to either...so right now at least i'm in the dark with both...although that sanders name sounds familiar

here's the question i have...say the wiz decide not to go with john wall which i don't think will happen and take turner...then what??? do you take wall or go with a big like favors or cousins??? am i crazy to think that if you guys really like holiday that much maybe you take cousins for the true big???

i think i'd still take wall personally...that guys ungodly quick with the ball but he has issues...like turnovers in transition and right now his jumper needs a lot of work

Would be an interesting scenario. I would take Wall straight up though. His potential is too much to pass up. With Jrue shooting so well from 3 last year, maybe Jrue and Wall can co-exist at the 1 and 2? There's also the possibility we draft and trade him like the Wolves did with Lawson. Then there's the possibility that we trade down to 3rd or 4th, get great value, and still land Cousins or Favors.

Would be an interesting scenario. I would take Wall straight up though. His potential is too much to pass up. With Jrue shooting so well from 3 last year, maybe Jrue and Wall can co-exist at the 1 and 2? There's also the possibility we draft and trade him like the Wolves did with Lawson. Then there's the possibility that we trade down to 3rd or 4th, get great value, and still land Cousins or Favors.

i think the trade down would be the way i'd go...let someone come up and get wall and give you a nice player and still get the best potential big at #3 or #4...that's what i'd try to do at least...

i don't think wall or jrue make sense as the #2...not consistent enough shooters imo...and so much of walls game is based off the dribble and in transition to put him at #2 waste him imo...and holiday lacks the scoring acumen imo...

you need pure scorers at the 2 imo...i don't think wall or holiday qualify there...but turner could

have to admit haven't paid much attention to either...so right now at least i'm in the dark with both...although that sanders name sounds familiar

Sanders looked pretty good at VCU last year. Great rebounder/shot blocker, good scorer. Has good size at 6'11, 235. Hassan Whiteside really intrigues me though. Has great size. He's either 7'0" or 7'1". Not sure since it's different on each sitw. Guy was a beast on D last year though, averaging 9 RPG and 5.4 BPG to go with 13 PPG. Both Whiteside and Sanders played at small schools though so there's a big question mark. Both projected to go around pick 15 though. Will need to watch a little tape on them as I too don't know much about them.

oh yeah larry sanders from vcu...huge wingspan...played down the road from me...athletic as hell but raw as a scorer imo...tons of upside...boom or bust

didn't whiteside play against crummy competition??? something to consider

i think the trade down would be the way i'd go...let someone come up and get wall and give you a nice player and still get the best potential big at #3 or #4...that's what i'd try to do at least...

i don't think wall or jrue make sense as the #2...not consistent enough shooters imo...and so much of walls game is based off the dribble and in transition to put him at #2 waste him imo...and holiday lacks the scoring acumen imo...

you need pure scorers at the 2 imo...i don't think wall or holiday qualify there...but turner could

I too would look to trade down a couple spots and get some good value while still landing Cousins/Favors.

The future of our backcourt if looking very bright.

[video=youtube;h5rxj0z9SeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5rxj0z9SeQ[/video]

i agree w/ u both sanders from vcu is great. Yeah he is a little raw on the offensive side but he can be an eraser on defense. I think philly must target a big man thru the draft or free agencey. Maybe Young gets moved for a pick or big man.

channel 6 philly reporting sixers trying to work out a contract w/ doug collins...nice!

here are some free agents down low: David Lee-would love this guy in Philly....Udonis Haslem-great post players, good rebounder and plays good defense...Brandon Hayward-offense is lacking a little but avg about 8-10 boards in only 27 mins....Jermaine O'Neal-I know a little long in the tooth but still productive at his age..

channel 6 philly reporting sixers trying to work out a contract w/ doug collins...nice!

Collins is going to have a field day with Holiday, Turner, and Iggy guarding the perimeter, and a guy like Dalembert swatting shots in the paint.

here are some free agents down low: David Lee-would love this guy in Philly....Udonis Haslem-great post players, good rebounder and plays good defense...Brandon Hayward-offense is lacking a little but avg about 8-10 boards in only 27 mins....Jermaine O'Neal-I know a little long in the tooth but still productive at his age..

I would love Brendon Haywood. He's an enforcer in the paint. Rebounding everything and swatting anything that comes near him.

Collins is going to have a field day with Holiday, Turner, and Iggy guarding the perimeter, and a guy like Dalembert swatting shots in the paint.

Yeah he is. He can turn a below average defense into a pretty solid defense. I hope they get the deal done with Collins.

Back
Top Bottom