Official 76ers Thread | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

Let me 1st tell u about Thabeet. I'm a UConn fan and u do not want that guy on your team. For 3 years I waited patiently for that guy to blow me away and u know what, he never did. With his height and structure, he should have been avergaing about 18-22 ppg and he never did. Bigger, faster and more physicals centers eat him alive. He is a 1st class pus*y. Take it from me, no matter if he is even a bench player, u dont want Thabeet on your team.

Mullens is a project I rather say no thanks too. He has all this hype at OSu and did nothing. He is slow and uesless. Let's think on this, if he was any good, would OK City already give up on a big guy w/ talent? I think not. The trade rumor that I hear has sixers trading back w/ the T-Wolves for their picks 4 and 16 along w/ Al Jefferson. Sixers would then move pick num 2 and Brand to them.

I hear they want Turner really bad and will do a'thing to get him. Honestly I want no part of that. Those two picks dont equal Turner. In a nutshell, if Eddie boy does this, philly fans would tear him a new A-hole. I think it is less then 10% this trade happens. I think Brand in can help the young guys on this team. No need to trade him when now he isn't the focal point of the offense. Now he is option # 2 or 3 perhaps. I think it works out well for all parties.

I've heard those Big Al rumors as well. But like I said, if Turner is there, we're not trading the pick. Take it to the bank. 99% chance, and that 1% only happens if some team offers some CRAZY trade that you just can't refuse. And that crazy trade won't be #4 and an injury prone PF for Brand and #2. Minn might love Turner, but Stefanski loves him a whole lot more. They were going to do everything in their power to trade up for Turner, now they don't have to. Also like I said, Collins likes Brand. He thinks if given consistent minutes, he can get something out of Brand. Brand's willing to do what it takes to win, and I can definitely see him buying into what Collins teaches based on the type of guy he is. Not to mention, this team knows we're still not a contender. We're going to be vastly improved, and probably even make the playoffs this year, but not a serious contender. They know that by the time we are ready to be serious contenders, Brand's contract will be tradable.

Just think. We have 23.5 million in expirings this year. Not counting team options and RFA's. Looking at the options and RFA's, the only one which really has a chance of being let go is Jason Smith. That would make it 25.5 mil in expirings. Will be interesting to see what happens with that.

Great article and interview with Collins. Love the talk of defense, defense, defense and being exciting in the open floor. It also puts to rest the bogus rumors of trading #2 to move Brand with the following quote:

“Elton (Brand) is going to be a key piece for me and I am going to lean on him,” he said. “I want him to be a leader; I want him to understand when you play well in Philadelphia those people will love you. I just think he has so much left. Coach K and I will meet and we’re going to meet with Elton and hopefully have some good fun. We want Elton to get back and enjoy playing basketball because I think there is a lot there.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/05/21/10/L...turn-t/landing.html?blockID=239330&feedID=704

hearing him mention Brand, makes me think he is going nowhere

Which I love. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Brand can still be a pretty good player in this league. He's not a low post player and never has been. He's great on pick and pop/roll, it's amazing that Jordan did not utilize that with Brand. With Collins, I think Brand can get back to a respectable 17/8 at the least with consistent minutes.

Which I love. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Brand can still be a pretty good player in this league. He's not a low post player and never has been. He's great on pick and pop/roll, it's amazing that Jordan did not utilize that with Brand. With Collins, I think Brand can get back to a respectable 17/8 at the least with consistent minutes.

I think that Brand is still a solid player. He can have good numbers if given the time like the ones you said. With the projected lineup he can be productive for the Sixers. Also if Brand gets consistent minutes with Collins as a coach, I think that Brand can be a helpful player.

76ers: Collins will lead us back

Good to see Evan Turner is learning a little about his probable new coach and would be excited to play for him. And he's right, Collins would be a great coach for him. Collins knows what he's doing when it comes to the wings.

"I think he's definitely a good coach to play for, just judging from [Michael] Jordan's first couple of years," said Turner, speaking from the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago. "Everybody I talked to said I would like him and like to play for him. He's a player's coach. He's been around the game. He's a good player himself."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ollins__will_lead_us_back_.html#axzz0ojf5MUuD

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...prokhorovs_plan_begins_with_avery.html?page=1

Before getting an offer from the Sixers and taking the coaching job, Doug Collins was "climbing the walls," waiting to hear from team president Ed Stefanski. Collins' fear was that Stefanski's bosses, Ed Snider and Peter Luukko, would change direction and bring back Larry Brown. In that case, Stefanski would have been out. Collins' reaction to being put on hold showed that he has not lost his passion. "It's always been his greatest strength - and his greatest weakness," said one Eastern Conference official. "But the bottom line is, he always cares."

With Collins on board and the Sixers almost guaranteed to take Turner with the No. 2 pick, Stefanski could start reshuffling the deck by moving Andre Iguodala to Dallas in a package deal. The Mavs are looking for help at shooting guard. Not overly quick but with a knack for getting to the basket, Turner has drawn comparisons to the Blazers' Brandon Roy.

Looks like Collins really wanted this job. Glad to have a guy with passion coaching us, unlike Jordan... Also interesting is the Iggy news. He almost got traded to the Mavs last year. That being said the word is they're not looking to move Iggy at this time. They'll listen to offers obviously, but it's Thad they want to move for a big man. Been hearing Chris Kaman's name thrown around. Wonder if it has any truth to it. I would love Kaman on this team.

collins will get you guys going in the right direction and he'll have the ear of the young players on your roster...but he usually wears out his welcome and the young ens tune him out after a couple of years...

still it's a good hire...i wouldn't be surprised if some veteran were moved this offseason...cause i'm just not sure if some of them will buy into collins routine...

collins will get you guys going in the right direction and he'll have the ear of the young players on your roster...but he usually wears out his welcome and the young ens tune him out after a couple of years...

still it's a good hire...i wouldn't be surprised if some veteran were moved this offseason...cause i'm just not sure if some of them will buy into collins routine...

That's the thing. Collins can get us back to being a respectable team. After that happens, and if Collins is unable to do anything in the playoffs, we'll be able to bring in a coach who could. To be honest, I can see Collins being a Sixer as a long time. Not just as a coach, but I think Collins has a future as front office guy.

As for buying into Collins routine, I'm sure pretty much everyone on our current roster will. Our roster consists of guys wanting to win and willing to whatever it takes to do so. Speights is the guy I would question the most, and if he doesn't work on defense/rebounding, and thinkng he can get by on his very good scoring ability, he could be gone. We'll see though.

Expect the Sixers to pick up another 1st. I'm hearing they want to get around the 10th pick. They REALLY want Cole Aldrich. And Thad Young is more than likely the guy to be moved. I don't think Aldrich lasts to 10 though.

ugh...aldrich brings no athleticism to the college game...he'll get eaten up with the athletes in the nba

Back
Top Bottom