Official 76ers Thread | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

This is the greatest thing that could've happened to this franchise. There was a lot of talk of us trading down if we didn't land Turner. Well, we ****ing have Turner.

u got that right

starting lineup

pg-holliday
sg-turner
sf-young
pf-speights
c-dalembert

really need big men thru free agencey or like i said trade iggy for picks or big men

me too brother...it feels like they just won the nba title lol now the question is---does iggy get traded? I say yes....trade him and get a late 1st rd pick or some big men or 2nd rd pick

Sure does. Haven't felt this good since when I got my hopes up after signing Brand... Honestly, I'm not so sure I would even trade Iggy now that we have Turner. If we can get a legit big man for him though, I'd certainly consider. Remember, we have 23 mill in expirings we could put to use for a legit big man too.

This is the greatest thing that could've happened to this franchise. There was a lot of talk of us trading down if we didn't land Turner. Well, we ****ing have Turner.

i would of hated having wall and holliday and lou on same roster never works out that way

I wonder what bigs would be available. I wouldn't mind trying to work out a deal for a big man or for a mid 1st rounder to land a guy like Hassan Whiteside, Ekpe Udoh, Daniel Orton, Donatas Motiejunas. I'd prefer to keep Iggy though unless we get good value. I think we can use our expirings and some of our young talent to get a deal done though.

Get used to it.

[video=youtube;AtHjfyS4YTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtHjfyS4YTI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

you guys got to take turner but his medicals with that back or neck surgery if i'm not mistaken could come into play...he reminds me of a paul pierce level pro...score in a variety of ways...once he gets a more consistent jumper could be quite a player...

the guy can score off the dribble and create his own shot...just needs a more nba range jumper...i think it will come in time...much easier to work on jump shot range than the ability to create and score off the dribble and in traffic

you guys got to take turner but his medicals with that back or neck surgery if i'm not mistaken could come into play...he reminds me of a paul pierce level pro...score in a variety of ways...once he gets a more consistent jumper could be quite a player...

the guy can score off the dribble and create his own shot...just needs a more nba range jumper...i think it will come in time...much easier to work on jump shot range than the ability to create and score off the dribble and in traffic

That back injury could come into play. I don't think it will though, but you never know. The best comparison I can come up with for Turner would be Brandon Roy. Very similar set of skills.

Honestly, this could be the greatest thing to happen to this franchise since the drafting of AI in '96. If I was Stefanski, I'd get Doug Collins in here immediately. With Holiday, Turner, Iggy, Dalembert, and with the moves we're sure to make this offseason, a great defensive coach like Collins is going to have a field day... I mean, just think of Eddie Jordan's god awful defensive scheme leaving 3 point shooters wide open all over the perimeter. Now think of a perimeter defense consisting of Holiday, Turner, and Iggy with a defensive mind like Collins. Wow. Also with those 3, we'd have 3 great passers on the floor.

If Collins is the coach, which in all likelihood he will be, moves are going to be made. Do not expect to see Thad and/or Speights on this roster next year. Collins has said he will get rid of players who don't fit. We need to do everything in power to move Brand for cap relief. If it means parting with Speights/Young/Lou, so be it. That cap room will be what puts us on the right track. We need to put our expirings to good use. Like I said before, wouldn't mind us trading for mid 1st rounder to land a Hassan Whiteside, Ekpe Udoh, Larry Sanders, Donatas Motiejunas, or Daniel Orton.

Either way, you can be rest assured there will be some trades this offseason. There's finally some hope for this team.

i haven't watched philly all that closely admittedly but is jrue holliday all that special??? i didn't think he would be watching him in college...

i think turner is a more pure scorer than brandon roy coming out personally...he'd be my #2 overalll pick all day long...he was dominant in the college game...

as for allen iverson i played high school ball against that guy both in football and hoops and i've never seen a guy quicker with the ball in his hands...oh man the stories i could tell you about him and rutland at bethel in hoops...and trying to tackle him in football...smallest calves you've ever seen but unreal explosive and quicks...and tough as nails for his size...

That back injury could come into play. I don't think it will though, but you never know. The best comparison I can come up with for Turner would be Brandon Roy. Very similar set of skills.

Honestly, this could be the greatest thing to happen to this franchise since the drafting of AI in '96. If I was Stefanski, I'd get Doug Collins in here immediately. With Holiday, Turner, Iggy, Dalembert, and with the moves we're sure to make this offseason, a great defensive coach like Collins is going to have a field day... I mean, just think of Eddie Jordan's god awful defensive scheme leaving 3 point shooters wide open all over the perimeter. Now think of a perimeter defense consisting of Holiday, Turner, and Iggy with a defensive mind like Collins. Wow. Also with those 3, we'd have 3 great passers on the floor.

If Collins is the coach, which in all likelihood he will be, moves are going to be made. Do not expect to see Thad and/or Speights on this roster next year. Collins has said he will get rid of players who don't fit. We need to do everything in power to move Brand for cap relief. If it means parting with Speights/Young/Lou, so be it. That cap room will be what puts us on the right track. We need to put our expirings to good use. Like I said before, wouldn't mind us trading for mid 1st rounder to land a Hassan Whiteside, Ekpe Udoh, Larry Sanders, Donatas Motiejunas, or Daniel Orton.

Either way, you can be rest assured there will be some trades this offseason. There's finally some hope for this team.

I love Udoh from Baylor a lot...Orton is a nice player too...i dont think speights has to go at all but if they can get another late rd 1st rd pick and include a deal w/ green and young going instead of iggy, then that might be wise...i think as we speak, sixer tickets are being sold, this is greta for the city and the organzation...a guy like turner could turn this team around in 2-3 years..comparsion to roy is point on....

i'd take udoh from baylor over orton all day long...orton hasn't proven squat and udoh has that length and athleticism that thrives in the nba game...

i haven't watched philly all that closely admittedly but is jrue holliday all that special??? i didn't think he would be watching him in college...

i think turner is a more pure scorer than brandon roy coming out personally...he'd be my #2 overalll pick all day long...he was dominant in the college game...

as for allen iverson i played high school ball against that guy both in football and hoops and i've never seen a guy quicker with the ball in his hands...oh man the stories i could tell you about him and rutland at bethel in hoops...and trying to tackle him in football...smallest calves you've ever seen but unreal explosive and quicks...and tough as nails for his size...

I must admit when 76ers took holliday i was wasnt happy. I watch a lot fo college basketball and saw holliday at ucla a lot. I instantly thought he was brutual and overrated. This past season for the 76ers he really impressed me. His defense is quite impressive and he started to average about 12-13 ppg when he was starting late in the year. He is going to be a solid player for this team. A young backcourt of holliday/turner for years to come sounds quite exciting to me.

Get used to it.

[video=youtube;AtHjfyS4YTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtHjfyS4YTI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

did u make that video yourself? thats a great video dude....love the song..man looking at him play makes me more psyched

Sure does. Haven't felt this good since when I got my hopes up after signing Brand... Honestly, I'm not so sure I would even trade Iggy now that we have Turner. If we can get a legit big man for him though, I'd certainly consider. Remember, we have 23 mill in expirings we could put to use for a legit big man too.

I agree they need a true big man because Brand is on the downside of his career. When the contracts expire it will be nice to finally have some money. I don't think they need to trade Iggy either.

When Jrue Holiday was given consistent minutes the last 2 months of the season, he shown a lot of potential. What you seen of him in college wasn't the real Jrue Holiday really. Darren Collison was going to enter the NBA draft, so Jrue went to UCLA to play PG. When Collison returned, Holiday was forced to play the 2, where he wasn't a good fit. Jrue is known for being a great passer, and great defender. He shown those abilities last year. He was the best defender on our team by far. Jrue spent a lot of last year playing off the ball, because Eddie Jordan is an idiot. Towards the end of the year, Holiday handled the ball more and really impressed. Most surprising about Jrue's game was his jumper. Many people said he needed to improve his jumper. He must've been listening because he shot 40% from 3 last year. He's also the youngest player in the NBA so plenty of time to improve his game.

As a Sixers fan, I'm ecstatic with a backcourt of Turner and Holiday. A 6'4 PG, and a 6'7 SG, that's some great size. Both can score, and both are great defenders. Then you throw in Iggy at the 3, that's a lot of great defense/passing/slash ability right their.

here's the question i have...say the wiz decide not to go with john wall which i don't think will happen and take turner...then what??? do you take wall or go with a big like favors or cousins??? am i crazy to think that if you guys really like holiday that much maybe you take cousins for the true big???

i think i'd still take wall personally...that guys ungodly quick with the ball but he has issues...like turnovers in transition and right now his jumper needs a lot of work

Back
Top Bottom