Official 76ers Thread | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

I am so glad that Dalembert is gone. He made so many stupid plays that I was embarassed that he was our starting center. If they did keep him, they should have used him as the backup. Either way, I am relieved that Sam is gone.

What? You mean to tell me you don't like the trademark Sammy D Dribble Dribble, throw up a random shot?

Absolutely loved it. Even more so than the trademark Sammy D Jumpshot Goaltends...

On a serious note, I actually wouldn't mind Sam as a backup, but as a starter, thank god he's gone.
Those jumpshot goaltends killed me when I would see them happen. I am glad he is gone as our starter and gone period. He provided okay defense (sometimes) and he gave us nothing on offense. We needed a new center so this was a good move.

watching those workout vids the most impressive thing i saw was the step back j...although he's gonna need to learn to take that step back with a bit better angle if he wants to create separation from the better pro defenders...

making uncontested jumpers catching them perfectly in rhythm is pretty much standard...i do notice that sometimes on the catch he takes a quick hand adjustment to get the ball in his hand just the way he wants it which it if wasn't for his legit size could be an issue in the pros...

while the kids plenty impressive on the stuff i've seen at ohio st that video would do more for me if he was moving around the court with quick movements etc simulating getting away from his man etc and then rising for the jumper...not just catch and pop in the same spot...over and over and over...

his game imo is more based off the dribble to me and the off the ball stuff to get free and get good looks is imo what he should be working on...that and the distance and consistency on his jumper...not just his set shot

nice looking player...definitely not a hard pick to make

Just heard of a possible draft day trade. However I have no clue the validity of it as this isn't coming from my usual source, so take it for what it's worth.

Kings: In - Mo Williams
Out - Beno Udrih, #5 pick

Cavs: In - Iguodala, Beno Udrih
Out - Mo Williams, West, Green, Telfair

76ers: In - #5, West, Green, Telfair (all expirings)
Out - Iguodala

Salary numbers are a bit off but that's the general idea. Like I said, not sure of the validitiy, but I think this could be plausible. The Sixers were in discussion with the Cavs about trading Iggy at the deadline, so the Cavs do have interest in Iggy. That trade discussion also included West/Green. However the #5 pick is much more enticing than JJ Hickson. Mo Williams and West are on the trade block, so the Cavs are looking to get rid of both. Mo Williams would be a great fit with Tyreke Evans. I personally would do it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Cousins, and if he's not there, we get a great alternative for Iggy in Wesley Johnson. Great athlete, can shoot the ball. He's also as good a defender as Iggy, with his great length, gets a lot of steals and blocks for a wing, can defend multiple positions. Think Shawn Marion, which I think is a great comparison. Opens up a lot of cap room too, and is a better fit than Iguodala with his ability to spot up. He Only way this doesn't happen is if the Kings would rather use the #5 than trade it for Mo Williams. Cavs and Sixers do it in a heartbeat imo.

if it went out last year what does this mean???

man i'd rather have a top 5 pick in this draft than nba roy and BALLHOG tyreke evans...at least a top 4 pick in this draft i'd rather have

watching those workout vids the most impressive thing i saw was the step back j...although he's gonna need to learn to take that step back with a bit better angle if he wants to create separation from the better pro defenders...

making uncontested jumpers catching them perfectly in rhythm is pretty much standard...i do notice that sometimes on the catch he takes a quick hand adjustment to get the ball in his hand just the way he wants it which it if wasn't for his legit size could be an issue in the pros...

while the kids plenty impressive on the stuff i've seen at ohio st that video would do more for me if he was moving around the court with quick movements etc simulating getting away from his man etc and then rising for the jumper...not just catch and pop in the same spot...over and over and over...

his game imo is more based off the dribble to me and the off the ball stuff to get free and get good looks is imo what he should be working on...that and the distance and consistency on his jumper...not just his set shot

nice looking player...definitely not a hard pick to make

I agree. He could use some improvement on the form of his shot as well. Brings the ball a bit too low.

if it went out last year what does this mean???

man i'd rather have a top 5 pick in this draft than nba roy and BALLHOG tyreke evans...at least a top 4 pick in this draft i'd rather have

Depends. Not sure what the Kings staff's opinion is on Cousins. A big part of this trade though is getting out of Udrih's bad contract. Also perhaps the Kings like Dalembert enough not to want to take a chance on Cousins. Would be stupid on the Kings, but they did try hard as hell to get Dalembert at the deadline last year.

I agree. He could use some improvement on the form of his shot as well. Brings the ball a bit too low.

yeah when he gathers he brings it low for a split second but i wouldn't be too concerned with that given he's every bit of 6 ft 6...he's not say ben gordon 6 ft 3 on a good day where i think that bringing the ball low can make it harder for him to get his shot off over taller defenders...but ben gordon unlike what i see on that evan turner vid gets very good lift off the ground before his shot...turner could work on some leg explosion also...even though he's making some impressive dunks etc on that video i don't see an explosive leaper there...this isn't iguodala in that regard...

but that height is VERY MUCH coveted in a 2 guard or the nba for that matter...can't teach that

Depends. Not sure what the Kings staff's opinion is on Cousins. A big part of this trade though is getting out of Udrih's bad contract. Also perhaps the Kings like Dalembert enough not to want to take a chance on Cousins. Would be stupid on the Kings, but they did try hard as hell to get Dalembert at the deadline last year.

soloman alibi reminds me of dalembert...more athlete than basketball player limited offensively...although dalembert is more the shot blocker...but they both imo do not have high basketball iq's and as a result i don't think like dalmbert alibi will ever reach his true pro potential...

whoever goes to the kings is probably gonna end up hating playing with alpha dog tyreke evans...that dudes a black hole with the ball...

yeah when he gathers he brings it low for a split second but i wouldn't be too concerned with that given he's every bit of 6 ft 6...he's not say ben gordon 6 ft 3 on a good day where i think that bringing the ball low can make it harder for him to get his shot off over taller defenders...but ben gordon unlike what i see on that evan turner vid gets very good lift off the ground before his shot...turner could work on some leg explosion also...even though he's making some impressive dunks etc on that video i don't see an explosive leaper there...this isn't iguodala in that regard...

but that height is VERY MUCH coveted in a 2 guard or the nba for that matter...can't teach that

I agree. He certainly isn't Wes Johnson or Al-Farouq Aminu in that regard but he can still get up fairly well.

soloman alibi reminds me of dalembert...more athlete than basketball player limited offensively...although dalembert is more the shot blocker...but they both imo do not have high basketball iq's and as a result i don't think like dalmbert alibi will ever reach his true pro potential...

whoever goes to the kings is probably gonna end up hating playing with alpha dog tyreke evans...that dudes a black hole with the ball...

I agree. Personally, if I was drafting in that range, I would take Jerome Jordan over Soloman Alibi. Both similar in size in skillset, but Jordan has more potential. I just can't deal with another dumb player like Dalembert, hence why I like the pickup of Hawes, and wouldn't be opposed to Cole Aldrich.

As for playing with Evans, I agree. But Mo Williams played with LeBron for two seasons so...

I agree. Personally, if I was drafting in that range, I would take Jerome Jordan over Soloman Alibi. Both similar in size in skillset, but Jordan has more potential. I just can't deal with another dumb player like Dalembert, hence why I like the pickup of Hawes, and wouldn't be opposed to Cole Aldrich.

As for playing with Evans, I agree. But Mo Williams played with LeBron for two seasons so...

dude...lebron shares the ball more than any superstar in the nba...to the point that people criticize him about it...

Back
Top Bottom