Official Date For Supplemental Draft, July 13 And Miami Is Intrigued For Ahmad Brooks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Date For Supplemental Draft, July 13 And Miami Is Intrigued For Ahmad Brooks

People stop trying to use Saban's philosophy of "value" to judge certain things. First of all, how can u give a guy a "first round" grade with all the character issues he has, I mean its ridiculous . . . look at Claude Wroten . . he had a first round grade as well and he fell to the 3rd round I believe, and this guy has more character issues than him, not to mention he has been out of football shape from what i have read. I mean I guess I need to see a little more out of this guy (recent stuff), of course throwing a late round pick would be a definite, but its hard to justify anything higher than a 4th, because your talking about losing out on the oppurtunity to get a polished college star next year in the draft on the first day with little to no character issues. Hey Ricky Williams is a superstar RB, but he does us no good if he can't play for us, same thing applies . . first round talents are guys who can be depended on to deliver for the franchise in the present and future . . you cant say that about Brooks with all his character issues. If we can get him for a 5th, I say jump, maybe even a fourth but he has to look good. If we give up a third, I really hope the man has his act together in his workouts to justify that. 1st and 2nd out of the question.

SR 7 said:
ey bro i have been having problems with Prosportsdaily all week long. have you? it just doesnt load. the site says the name but the entier page is blank.

No, it works perfectly fine for me..., maybe you should try to open that page in other computer...

Which would be our greatest OLB addition?

*Donnie Edwards
*Wilkinson
*Peter Boulware
*Jason Babin
*Ahamd Brooks

PHINANALYST said:
Doubtfull that SABAN would use a 1st day pick on a supplemental player ... remember, Manny had the same ballywho last year ...

I have no problem offering a 5 for a supp player ... it's a stretch at 4 ...

Manny was well worth the pick last year ...

if saban used a 5th on manny, i doubt he sees a problem with using a 3rd for brooks if he in shape and saban has the same opinion of his talents as most scouts. Manny was a talented inconsistent underachiever that never produced at the level brooks has played over the last 2 seasons. i really doubt saban values all supp. players the same as you are suggesting.

BLITZKRIEG said:
It's not about using the pick in itself, it's about getting the most value out of that pick. If Brooks is worth the pick, then by all means use it....

Just remember that on draft day, when a "group of more talented players" are sitting right where we would have been drafting, you can't have that pick back...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

You could be right but what if ???
Brooks does become a force as a Pro linebacker, he does become a player who would have been worth a top ten pick in the regular draft. What if he becomes a top linebacker in the NFL? That is not a decision you can take back, not a supplemental pick you can retake or do over.
If, as we hope, the Dolphins record improves each year, the Dolphins draft picks will come later and later in the draft. As the picks come later in each round, there is less chance to get the best talent. I trust in Saban to harvest the best talent available with our pick but that doesn't change the fact that the premium talent will be harder to find. That is JMO.

BrazForPhins said:
what's the problem? we're getting a player the same way...actually cheaper than he should be
I know draft day brings lots of valuable options, but If you're getting value other way, why not use it? For the sake of having all the picks come draft day?

Great post. I think because these fans get bored on draft day, they don't want us to trade picks. If you can get a guy on your team this year, and get him in a lower round than you could get him next year, its foolish NOT to take him. Sorry it makes draft day a little less exciting for some fans. I am sure Nick Saban is really concerned about draft weekend being boring because we don't have a fourth and sixth round pick. :shakeno:

TampaFinsFan01 said:
Great post. I think because these fans get bored on draft day, they don't want us to trade picks. If you can get a guy on your team this year, and get him in a lower round than you could get him next year, its foolish NOT to take him. Sorry it makes draft day a little less exciting for some fans. I am sure Nick Saban is really concerned about draft weekend being boring because we don't have a fourth and sixth round pick. :shakeno:

:lol:

No kidding.

This season is looking good becasue of the "terrible" draft this year since we only got Many Wright, Daunte Culpepper...etc......Terrible.

Oh well.

All will be forgoten if we win....That's the deal.

I think you try to get as much value out of your picks as you can, whether you use them in the draft or trade them. C'mon a 2nd for Duante, a third for Brooks. You can't get get that kinda value in the actual draft.

BLITZKRIEG said:
As much as I'd like to have a player like A. Brooks, I don't want Saban giving up any more picks to do it. He needs to keep his hands out of the cookie jar, and stop using up all of our picks like he's been doing lately....

I have nothing against using "supp picks" on players who are worth adding, but at some point you have to look at the big picture{the real NFL draft}, and realize what's best for the future of the franchise. Taking risks on "Sup players" is fine when they have talent, but waiting it out until the entire crop of players is available to you on draft day, is the best way to get the most out of your pick. There's so much more available to you....

Maybe I'm overreacting some based on this years draft, but I don't want to go into the 2007 draft with no picks again. This year was a waste of time after our first two picks were off the board, and we need a draft where we've got picks in every round, where Saban can really work his magic....

So in my opinion, I say no to using any more picks. We need them, and using them up now only leaves us less to work with come draft day. Keep the picks...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Yes I totally see what you are saying. We have to keep all our picks for next years draft, even if it means passing on getting a highly talented player at a discounted price, so you get to enjoy us getting to pick in every round. God forbid you would have to suffer through another horrible day of watching next years draft knowing you have to wait through a WHOLE round without seeing us make a pick. I mean it is just not worth us becoming a better team if we have to put you through so much mental torment. :shakeno:

I think a third on a guy who can be a "Julius Peppers" type pass-rusher (Gil Brandt's words, not mine) is WELL worth the investment.

If he pans out to be a Pro Bowler, great. If not, we used a third round pick on a player that didn't pan out. WooptyFreakinDoo. It wouldn't be the first time a third round pick didn't cut the mustard.

KTOWNFINFAN said:
Yes I totally see what you are saying. We have to keep all our picks for next years draft, even if it means passing on getting a highly talented player at a discounted price, so you get to enjoy us getting to pick in every round. God forbid you would have to suffer through another horrible day of watching next years draft knowing you have to wait through a WHOLE round without seeing us make a pick. I mean it is just not worth us becoming a better team if we have to put you through so much mental torment. :shakeno:

Exactly. Does anyone honestly even watch the draft past the first round? I mean the first round alone is like 5 hours long! I usualy wont watch past our pick to be honest...

postermaster said:
Which would be our greatest OLB addition?

*Donnie Edwards
*Wilkinson
*Peter Boulware
*Jason Babin
*Ahamd Brooks

For the Future:Ahmad Brooks

For Now:Edwards or Boulware

This is a player at the inside linebacker position that is a absolute terror
He has the type of size, speed and agility combination you look for at the position, he somewhat resembles current NFL linebacker "Ray Lewis", but he is a both taller and bigger and he is similar in his approach to the game, he has a fire and intensity that is rare getting to the ball carrier, he is a no nonsense type of player that once he arrives to the ball he explodes through the tackle and gives no extra yards after contact
He is the type of player that flings his body all around the field unconsciously, gives relentless effort on every play, along with a motor that is restless, his pursuit to the ball is unmatched, and is a very instinctive player as well, he is quite often used in blitz packages for his teams defense, and is pretty effective at collapsing the pocket
This is the type of player that does not except defeat, and will be a leader for any defense he competes on, he is the only player comparable to Ray Lewis I have ever seen, he is just bigger! http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=498

Heres a profile of him

Hes also failed a drug test so we might have another ricky on our hand

jason8er said:
I would love to see this. What is he, 6-4 260 with huge abilities? He has Saban written all over him.

His weight was around 280 pounds recently as a linebacker and ran only in the 5.0 second range in the 40. That combined with the fact that there are major character issues with the guy. I wouldn't want him.

postermaster said:
Thats why I love Saban, he is a bluffer, he says he would give a 3rd, so no one will target him and at the time, no one gives nothing for him and Saban gives a 5th...

That makes no sense at all. if a team wants him and they believe Saban will give up a 3rd. than they will offer a 3rd if theres is higher or maybe even a 2nd. I'm sorry but it would not work the way you said it.

Back
Top Bottom