Official Date For Supplemental Draft, July 13 And Miami Is Intrigued For Ahmad Brooks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Date For Supplemental Draft, July 13 And Miami Is Intrigued For Ahmad Brooks

BLITZKRIEG said:
As much as I'd like to have a player like A. Brooks, I don't want Saban giving up any more picks to do it. He needs to keep his hands out of the cookie jar, and stop using up all of our picks like he's been doing lately....

I have nothing against using "supp picks" on players who are worth adding, but at some point you have to look at the big picture{the real NFL draft}, and realize what's best for the future of the franchise. Taking risks on "Sup players" is fine when they have talent, but waiting it out until the entire crop of players is available to you on draft day, is the best way to get the most out of your pick. There's so much more available to you....

Maybe I'm overreacting some based on this years draft, but I don't want to go into the 2007 draft with no picks again. This year was a waste of time after our first two picks were off the board, and we need a draft where we've got picks in every round, where Saban can really work his magic....

So in my opinion, I say no to using any more picks. We need them, and using them up now only leaves us less to work with come draft day. Keep the picks...

PHINZ RULE!!!!
I do understand your point BK. i myself have thought about that, but i have a gut feeling that Jason Allen,Derek Hagan,Joe Toledo, and Roderick Wright are going to be future starters for us. that right there is an unbelieveable draft without having a full arsenal of draft picks, add it to the first year and i don't care how or when he drafts just keep doing it baby.

Redneck Friend said:
OH MAN!!! we are gonna give up another pic for
and injured player?

isn't there any healthy players nick likes?

I know its scary right, we pick up Jason Allen comming off of a MAJOR injury, alot of people don't realize how big of an injury he had. Then Rod Wright has a torn rotator cuff. Manny Wright is showing up to camp out of shape, now we wanna get Brooks who is also out of shape. Plus lets throw Vick in there for character purposes lol, I think we are trying to become the East's version of the Oakland Raiders. He should of just got Wroten instead of Hagan, that would have been the icing on the cake.

Though Miami owes Detroit a fifth- or sixth-rounder in 2007 for Joey Harrington (depending on how many snaps he takes), the pick can be pushed to 2008 if Miami drafts a player July 13.

Thats good if we use a 5th rounder pick on him. But I don't see us spending more than a 4th round pick.

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
His weight was around 280 pounds recently as a linebacker and ran only in the 5.0 second range in the 40. That combined with the fact that there are major character issues with the guy. I wouldn't want him.

Where did you get your information from?

Redneck Friend said:
and injured player?

Channing Crowder. :wink:

Geforce said:
Where did you get your information from?

And this from ESPN:
This is taken from an article By Bruce Feldman
ESPN.com
About a month ago, Brooks' agent Greg Williams sent him down to Duluth, Ga., to train with Competitive Edge Sports' Chip Smith, the guy who got former NCAA exile Mike Williams ready for his pro day last spring. "I knew Ahmad needed to show people rather than me trying to sell somebody something," Williams said.
Brooks arrived in Georgia in April, he says, weighing more than 285 pounds. "The first day, he puked seven times," Smith said, but added that Brooks kept going.
CES's nutritionist changed Brooks' diet, cutting out all salt and sugar and late-night binging. Brooks started eating breakfast -- something he seldom did before. Smith's rule: Workouts begin at 9. If you're late, you're gone. "He's usually here 45 minutes early," Smith says. One month into the training, Brooks is down 10 pounds and hopeful that he can get to 260 for his pro day. (That'll take place at UVa., about two weeks before the supplemental draft. On June 16, the NFL will tell him the date.) He's also picking the brains of NFL vets Nate Wayne, E.J. Johnson and Hannibal Navies, who are training at CES as well.
Brooks realizes everyone doubts him. He knows after Maurice Clarett flopped, it's not a good time to be seen as a gamble. He stopped counting how many times he heard the word character on the draft show. To his credit, Brooks doesn't blame anyone else for his downfall at UVa. "I put myself in this boat," he said. "I know I've let a lot of people down -- I was the one who did the damage to my reputation and my family's reputation, but the first way I can prove that I'm not who they think I am is by showing them. By action."

An Ahmad Brooks preview:
http://www.virginiasportstv.com/?sid=6&v=332&f=.mov

Redneck Friend said:
and injured player?

Most of the coaches search for durability over talent, I think they are wrong, there are many healthy players that could play all 16 games for you, besides they wont make great plays for you or define a game for you...

Nick searches for talent and then give them a shot at durability, you can't do it otherwise, because no durable player will create the talent, the talent its just something you've got or not, by the other hand, with durability there are many ways to accondition your body to be durable...

Many coaches pass on some great players on the draft or in the free agency just because their past injuries...

The only coaches that I know that make this stuff are Nick Saban and Bill Cowher, if someone knows about other one, please share the info.

GO FINS!!!!! :dolphins:

the guy has skills, and he probily would go to nfleurope, just to get fresh, but this is a good idea

postermaster said:
Yes, Nfl europe would be a great start.

thats the whole thing tho, u got people in here believing Brooks should come in and start as our other OLB in the 3-4 or opposite Crowder in the 4-3 . . .that just is not conceivable to me, thats why I'm not high on him, I mean if Nick wants to develop him that is fine, but don't expect the guy to start for us next year, even if we spend a third on him.

Back
Top Bottom