Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

When he is out for the game we definitely know it. We almost need to value him on that.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

We were in panic mode a couple of years ago when Keller went down because we had no one behind him. We had Clay, but didnt know it.

When he's out of the ball game we're relying on Mike Wallace and Jarvis Landry are our only weapons. Obviously if we let him go resources have to go to pass catchers, but we run a lot of 3-wide anyway.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

When he is out for the game we definitely know it. We almost need to value him on that.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

We were in panic mode a couple of years ago when Keller went down because we had no one behind him. We had Clay, but didnt know it.

Maybe lightning strikes twice with Sims.

Clay's numbers were 750 and 6 TD two years ago when he was healthy so that's the production we will lose .

Sims is good but i doubt he can match that.

Give Sims a chance and see what he can do. I think he still has more to give and grow.

i agree... he is coming into his own, good hands, red zone target too.... i like. but what he does and offers on the field is a totally different style than Clay.

clay also knows our system, players, he worked his way up the depth chart, and keeps working developing and improving. he is a proven contributor and comfortable with tannehill and our system. i think he is really important in his own style to our offense continuing to improve with everyone else, and sims is part of it too!!!

Give Sims a chance and see what he can do. I think he still has more to give and grow.

That's the thing, I'm not knocking Sims at all. I like him quite a bit amd am fiNE with him at TE.

But he cant play the role Clay does. Clay runs routes out of he FB and RB spot, in line, slot. I doubt Sims will do much of that, he's more inline. Which is fine, but he doesn't replace Clay.

Unfortunately, Buffalo is maybe The ONE other team that uses a HB the way we do, since Chan Gailey is running there offense. He's the one pushing hard for Clay, because he knows there is no other Player like him.

Clay's numbers were 750 and 6 TD two years ago when he was healthy so that's the production we will lose .

Well he's played 14 games 3/4 seasons so not necessarily. I'd consider that his ceiling.

I'd consider Sim's ceiling around 50/550/5. With that I think we can definitely get by.

I'm not saying no to Clay, but $8M per is lunacy. 4/26M is the most I can stomach. What H-backs are out there that have gotten paid like this?

Let the Bills pay 9 mil for Clay. Hell, let them sign Harvin too. They're going to come to the realization there's only 1 football and they have Matt Cassel throwing it. A spectacular disaster will be brewing up there with Rexy right in the center of it.

Bills placed a call to former #Dolphins QB Matt Moore today in case Matt Cassel failed his physical, per source. Cassel passed, though.

Well he's played 14 games 3/4 seasons so not necessarily. I'd consider that his ceiling.

I'd consider Sim's ceiling around 50/550/5. With that I think we can definitely get by.

I'm not saying no to Clay, but $8M per is lunacy. 4/26M is the most I can stomach. What H-backs are out there that have gotten paid like this?

What half backs are out there like Clay?

As I said in my last post, if not for Gailey running Buffalos offense, we probably have 0 competition for him. But we do now, and there is no other half back like Clay.

totally agree with you here... thats a lot for him. but once again i think i am in the minority here on him still... but i say pay him the extra 8... get him long term. it's worth what we need!!! which is him... and I dont like overpaying on people either. this is a rare moment i say YES, due to all the reasons i have stated many times!!! I think I may be lunacy... lol :crazy:

Even in Clay's best year he was statistically the 10th best guy. With pretty minor TD #'s for the position. If we're talking an 4/32M deal #4 TE money. That's ridiculous. Coming off a down year when he was injured to boot.

Graham: 85/889/10 (playing injured)
Gronk: 82/1124/12 (15 games)
Julius: 43/489/12 (13 games)
Clay: 69/759/6 (best year)

Even in Clay's best year he was statistically the 10th best guy. With pretty minor TD #'s for the position. If we're talking an 4/32M deal #3 TE money. That's ridiculous. Coming off a down year when he was injured to boot.

I think the money being throw at tight ends in general is ridiculous, it is what it is I guess.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Colts and Bills are loading up

I thought they would have to draft a DT early so with suh signed just use that pick on a pass catching TE. Me and others mentioned Walford but there are probably a few other ones that would fit the bill as well.

Five free-agent visits now confirmed for Bucs: LB Bruce Carter, OL Stefen Wisniewski, DE Derrick Morgan, DT Henry Melton, FS Chris Conte.

FearTheBeard, maybe we can get Wisiniewski to head a little south for a day while he is in Florida :up:

Back
Top Bottom