Official FSU Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official FSU Thread

I know there are a few Seminole fans on this board so post your opinions with me!!!

QB - We have much needed leadership at this position we have been lacking for the past 5 years. Look for Drew to lite it up this year.
RB - We are as good this year as we were last year, maybe even a little better. But can the younger Bowden find a way to get them the ball in open space.
FB - This position is a big plus for us this year. We have a fullback that can come out of the backfield, who has been compared to Edgar Bennett.(Joe Surratt)
WR - We are pretty deep here, even after losing Rouse and O'Neal. Chris Davis and DeCody ***g need to be able to open up the deep ball for Greg Carr.
TE - This is our youngest position (3 Freshman), but it is dangerous. Caz Piurowski was Weatherford's #1 target in high school. And Brandon Warren was the #1 TE recruit in the nation.
OL - We have more depth this year, which is a plus. And they seem to have more of an attitude about them this year.
DL - This is a question mark unless Andre Fluellen steps up. Paul Griffin will also make some noise.
LB - We are not hurting here as much as people say we are. We played our last two games basically without Sims and Nicholson. Lawrence Timmons is a beast and Geno Hayes has been compared to Derrick Brooks.
DB - We lost a lot of leadership in the secondary, but Tony Carter and J.R. Bryant played well as freshman. But Myron Rolle is going to be a great one.
ST - Gary Cismesia is still our kicker and I've never been to excited about him, he can't seem to handle pressure very well. Graham Gano will take over the punting duties after handling kickoff's last year. Our return game is a big ??? after losing Willie Reid.

OK, give me your best shot. And Nole fans speak up about what you expect this season.

i think our QB, DBs, OL, and TEs are greatly improved. WRs are a year older and are improved IMO(even with losing Reid). With Chris refining his route running, ***g healthy and hopefully primed to breakout, and of course old Greg going up for them balls deep and in the endzone, we are going to be a dangerous passing offense if Jeff Bowden even gives them a chance.

personally i think we can absolutly make it to the National Championship this year if everything goes right. But tonight is going to be a huge test for a first game. and the UF game will be a big test as well.

what do i expect? National title baby, nothing less.

We have the making of a dangerous offense. But it all comes down to Jeffy calling the right plays. If we can get by Miami, we have a very legitimate shot at being undefeated when we play Florida.

Also, Antone Smith changed his number to #6 this year. I look for big things from him and Lawrence Timmons this year.

Nappy Roots said:
i think our QB, DBs, OL, and TEs are greatly improved. WRs are a year older and are improved IMO(even with losing Reid). With Chris refining his route running, ***g healthy and hopefully primed to breakout, and of course old Greg going up for them balls deep and in the endzone, we are going to be a dangerous passing offense if Jeff Bowden even gives them a chance.

personally i think we can absolutly make it to the National Championship this year if everything goes right. But tonight is going to be a huge test for a first game. and the UF game will be a big test as well.

what do i expect? National title baby, nothing less.

i agree, the championship is in sight although it will be tough, i think smith is gonna have an awsome year running the ball as a #2 and timmons is a badazz, but him and xlee suck at beer pong and i will work them anyday

AirFishOne said:
Hows Myron Rolle comin along...man I wish Stoops would of pushed harder for him

He won't start tonight, that will go to Anthony Houllis. But nothing but great things have been said about him at practice. He has good ball-hawking skills, soft hands, excellent cover skills and a Genious football I.Q. I'm glad we got him. He will be starting by week 3.

Man what a game!!! I told everybody we wouldn't be hurting for defense @ the LB position. Buster Davis is the man, and Geno Hayes solidified himself as a top tier linebacker last night, and he's only a sophmore.

Never root for the Noles but kinda glad they won so they'll be ranked higher when they go down to the Gators for the 3rd year in a row. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom