Official Game Thread: Paraguay vs England | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Paraguay vs England

Prime Time said:
You better hope so. Because you won't go past the Round of 8 If you all keep playing like this.

You mean round of 16.

ckb2001 said:
At fifa's website, on the live matchcast, they say it's 77 degrees....

Well BBC Radio had a thermometer on the pitch before kick off.

ckb2001 said:
You mean round of 16.

Yeah I would say that, but I am always reluctant to because the Round of 16 usually has 2-3 teams, If not more, that can be dominated.

Prime Time said:
You better hope so. Because you won't go past the Round of 8 If you all keep playing like this.

First game is always difficult Prime, in that heat too. I agree that England were very negative, but Paraguay never forced a save out of Robbo all game.

Prime Time said:
Absolute quality?? He may be winning the ball, but that is because the Paraguayian Forwards..heck the WHOLE Starting 11 for that matter look soooo slow. And are you watching the shots he is taking? Looks like Gerrard is trying to kill pidgeons that might be flying by..

I'm sorry mate, but you have absolutely no clue about how to play the game of football. That's clear with the comments you continue to make. Grading a player doesn't come down to the couple of shots he has. Look at his work rate, the way he presses the ball, the way he wins the ball, gives and goes, plays the ball to feet, etc.

Boomer said:
Well BBC Radio had a thermometer on the pitch before kick off.

There's often a difference in temperature of the pitch to temperature of the air above it. Some parts of the Alps have a type of soil that can reach 160 or more degrees because it absorbs energy from the sun well, but the surrounding air is freezing.

Anyway, matchcast now says the tempurature is 81 degrees.

Job done. Typically Svennis' tactics and substitutions make you wonder how he ever got any sort of job in management. We just soaked up the pressure. They never had a decent chance in the 2nd half and only 1 in the first. That's us through to the next round.

ckb2001 said:
There's often a difference in temperature of the pitch to temperature of the air above it. Some parts of the Alps have a type of soil that can reach 160 or more degrees because it absorbs energy from the sun well, but the surrounding air is freezing.

Anyway, matchcast now says the tempurature is 81 degrees.

Yep, well last time I looked, they play the game on the pitch rather than in the air above it.

Boomer said:
I'm sorry mate, but you have absolutely no clue about how to play the game of football. That's clear with the comments you continue to make. Grading a player doesn't come down to the couple of shots he has. Look at his work rate, the way he presses the ball, the way he wins the ball, gives and goes, plays the ball to feet, etc.

:lol:

That is almost comical. Gerrard won balls, I said that in my previous post. But that is it. What did he do that was so amazing?? Juan Sorin does for Argentina what Gerrard did for England today. I am not saying Gerrard is bad, but he didn't have a great game...noone on England did.

Boomer said:
Yep, well last time I looked, they play the game on the pitch rather than in the air above it.

The players feel the temperature of the air around them. The ball and the shoes are the only things in general that touch the pitch. So, the temperature today wasn't that hot for a soccer game.

Prime Time said:
:lol:

That is almost comical. Gerrard won balls, I said that in my previous post. But that is it. What did he do that was so amazing?? Juan Sorin does for Argentina what Gerrard did for England today. I am not saying Gerrard is bad, but he didn't have a great game...noone on England did.

Like I said, any comments you have to make on the game are null and void. He was quieter in the 2nd half, but was controlling the game in the first. You clearly measure a players success on how accurate his shooting is. Playing out of position he was the dominant player in the 1st half and just sat and picked Paraguay off in the 2nd.

ckb2001 said:
The players feel the temperature of the air around them. The ball and the shoes are the only things in general that touch the pitch. So, the temperature today wasn't that hot for a soccer game.

Why don't you argue that the sky is pink rather than blue?

:rolleyes:

Boomer said:

Because it's in general not true. Look, maybe you have a link to this BBC site that says it was 104 degrees on the pitch and we can see exactly what their wording was. What I have supporting my statements are the actual stated temperature on matchcast. So, what's with this attitude suddenly?

Boomer said:

But the sky IS pink.

Decent game by England. The result is all important. Didn't like Sven's replacement of Owen though. I'll take Lennon's pace and ability over Stuart Downing's every day. You expect your wingman to deliver at least 1 cross. Downing did some running but his delivery was non-existent. He's ok defensively but I suspect Steve Mcclaren vouched for him and that's what mattered.

Back
Top Bottom