Official Game Thread: Paraguay vs England | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Paraguay vs England

Ha, my father just called me talking about "England is soooo overrated". I disagree, I mean its the first game, they did what they had to do, and they won. They know they are comming out of this group, they will pick the tempo up when needed.

Boomer said:
Like I said, any comments you have to make on the game are null and void. He was quieter in the 2nd half, but was controlling the game in the first. You clearly measure a players success on how accurate his shooting is. Playing out of position he was the dominant player in the 1st half and just sat and picked Paraguay off in the 2nd.

I think someone has a Man-Crush on Gerrard....

Kdawg954 said:
Ha, my father just called me talking about "England is soooo overrated". I disagree, I mean its the first game, they did what they had to do, and they won. They know they are comming out of this group, they will pick the tempo up when needed.

Argentina also did what it needed to do against Nigeria in 02 but it was clear that they struggled to play as well as they could have. Then what happened? There poor play continued to show and they didn't even make it past the Group Stage. That was probably because they were in the Group of Death, but even so England's game was not inspiring.

Whats important is the final result, England won. Was not a good game at all, England needs to play better to have a change to go further. The first game is always tricky and difficult.

I woke up late. I miss the first half thank god for TIVO. As for the game neither team impressed me. England defense is good but that all I took from the match. Beckham goal was good because of the accuracy but the keeper should of had that. At least blocking it. But England won congrats.

Amars said:
I woke up late. I miss the first half thank god for TIVO. As for the game neither team impressed me. England defense is good but that all I took from the match. Beckham goal was good because of the accuracy but the keeper should of had that. At least blocking it. But England won congrats.

It was an Own Goal....

Prime Time said:
Argentina also did what it needed to do against Nigeria in 02 but it was clear that they struggled to play as well as they could have. Then what happened? There poor play continued to show and they didn't even make it past the Group Stage. That was probably because they were in the Group of Death, but even so England's game was not inspiring.

Yea I mean obviously if this was the same group from 2002, I think England would play with more urgency, but they got the lead on a team they feel they are better than, plus they have Trinidad in this group, they can afford to work out the kinks in group play instead of being fine tuned. I mean its definetly not their best game, but they will be ok.

Kdawg954 said:
Yea I mean obviously if this was the same group from 2002, I think England would play with more urgency, but they got the lead on a team they feel they are better than, plus they have Trinidad in this group, they can afford to work out the kinks in group play instead of being fine tuned. I mean its definetly not their best game, but they will be ok.

They better hope so, for their sake...

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Prime Time said:
It was an Own Goal....

Ya I saw that. It barely bounced off one of the defenders head. IMO the keeper didnt even attempt to go after it.

I was waiting for your posts in the WC VIP thread Boom, as it didn't come I was wondering where the
he l l is he?? :lol:

It seemed you'll need Rooney to come back and light up some fire on that offense. The defense looks very solid though

Did Peter Crouch set a record for fouls in one WC game for a striker?

Back
Top Bottom