Official Game Thread: United States vs Czech Republic | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: United States vs Czech Republic

Boomer said:
And I've highlighted the stupidity of it, by having Romania in there for beating Andorra, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, etc.

Stop ignoring me. It's rude. I said YOU produce a ranking. I don't even think the rankings I produced are that good, but it's the best we got based on a precisely stated method.

Prime Time said:
We're not good enough for what?? Please explain.

You're not good enough to be classed as a top 20 team at the moment.

Boomer said:
:sidelol:

Which part of THERE IS NO FORMULA THAT WOULD WORK AS YOU PLAY POINTLESS FRIENDLIES OR HAITI AND EL SALVADOR don't you understand? Jesus.

So basically because we don't play in the European Zone, we aren't good enough. :rolleyes: That is hilarious. It is funny how everyone talks about US like this, but they never say anything about Mexico.

Boomer said:

Which part of THERE IS NO FORMULA THAT WOULD WORK AS YOU PLAY POINTLESS FRIENDLIES OR HAITI AND EL SALVADOR don't you understand? Jesus.

"pointless friendlies" is just your opinion. Others don't think that and have then set out to create such formulas.

ckb2001 said:
"pointless friendlies" is just your opinion. Others don't think that and have then set out to create such formulas.

:yes:

Boomer said:

Also, why don't you create a formula that doesn't take friendlies into account? I'll tell you why. Cuz (so far at least) you've proven you can't.

ckb2001 said:
Stop ignoring me. It's rude. I said YOU produce a ranking. I don't even think the rankings I produced are that good, but it's the best we got based on a precisely stated method.

It's the 'best we got'? What, according to you?

No one else uses those rankings as they are ridiculous. Are you SERIOUSLY telling me that Romania, who didn't qualify for the World Cup and if memory serves me, didn't qualify for the European Championships, on the back of beating footballing whipping boys like Andorra, Slovenia and Northern Ireland, deserve to be ranked 15th in the world?

I might create my own country, play games against under 11 year olds and hopefully get an unbeaten streak going that puts me in that league.

Prime Time said:
So basically because we don't play in the European Zone, we aren't good enough. :rolleyes: That is hilarious. It is funny how everyone talks about US like this, but they never say anything about Mexico.

Where did I say that playing in the European qualifications was the reason?

You just got it handed to you by the Czechs.....you're not good enough.

Boomer said:
It's the 'best we got'? What, according to you?

No one else uses those rankings as they are ridiculous. Are you SERIOUSLY telling me that Romania, who didn't qualify for the World Cup and if memory serves me, didn't qualify for the European Championships, on the back of beating footballing whipping boys like Andorra, Slovenia and Northern Ireland, deserve to be ranked 15th in the world?

I might create my own country, play games against under 11 year olds and hopefully get an unbeaten streak going that puts me in that league.

It's the "best we've got" according to many (I qualified this early on). The point is you haven't produced ANY formula. They have produced something. Go ahead and produce a formula that considered friendlies pointless and see if I care. All I care about is getting my hands on such a formula!!!

ckb2001 said:

Ask anyone, other than yourself and Prime Time about just how seriously friendly internationals are taken, when most players are being shipped off at half time and each team makes 11 substitutes?

Why don't you try this Boomer and test your intellect:

Rank the top 30 teams or so and then decide what data (measurable evidence) you want to consider and then create a formula that produces that ranking.

Try this yourself before belittling others' attempts. IT'S HARD. But at least others can follow your logic if you have a formula. So far, I've shown enough inconsistencies in what you've stated and have therefore asked for greater precision.

ckb2001 said:
Also, why don't you create a formula that doesn't take friendlies into account? I'll tell you why. Cuz (so far at least) you've proven you can't.

I'd happily do it if I had the time or the inclination, suffice to say that it would work out badly for you since you only play minnows. You beat Portugal, 3-2. You then got hammered 3-1 by Poland. Poland are a much more inferior team than Portugal.

How many points do you think you'd get by beating Haiti?

Boomer said:
Ask anyone, other than yourself and Prime Time about just how seriously friendly internationals are taken, when most players are being shipped off at half time and each team makes 11 substitutes?

Dude, this is so basic logic it's not funny. The people who created those ELO and FIFA rankings OBVIOUSLY thought friendly international should be taken into account, though one shouldn't value them highly. So, those people are "others" and at least they produced a formula, however imperfect it is!!!

Back
Top Bottom