Welcome to the thread Dave :brewskis:

Golf is fun

golfing_nut_shot__chi_chi_rodriguezanim_-1.gif

Golfwhiffslip_zpsbfeeaeeb-1.gif

golfkid_zps5cfadb58-1.gif

sometimes more than others :)

golfhole_zps922c6806-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to get geared up for St Louis golf/football trip next weekend. I've got to make the reservation for tee time tomorrow since they only take a week in advance. Weather is looking good for that weekend in the low 70's. Also the Cards may host game 6 and 7 of NLCS if the series goes that far. May be going to game 6 on Saturday evening and then catch Seahawks-Rams on Sunday.

It is all starting to come together....

Sounds like fun 71 :up:

I eagled a short par 4 yesterday holing it from about 100 yards with an easy 9 iron.

Still working on the dance :chuckle:

[video=youtube_share;hmTthR6D-Bw]http://youtu.be/hmTthR6D-Bw[/video]

I have one eagle. It was on a Par 5 that was shortened by about 100 yards and had a temp green with a cup that was about 10 inches in diameter. I chipped in from about 15 feet :lol:

Sounds like fun 71 :up:

I eagled a short par 4 yesterday holing it from about 100 yards with an easy 9 iron.

Still working on the dance :chuckle:

[video=youtube_share;hmTthR6D-Bw]http://youtu.be/hmTthR6D-Bw[/video]

Nice, you said it had been a long time since you holed out from a distance. Talk about it and it happens.

Congrats on the eagle

Well, no steak dinner for me this year. Played in St Louis on Saturday at Normandie Golf Club. It claims to be the oldest public course east of the Mississippi. Very challenging course with lots of elevation changes. It came down to the last hole between me and my buddy from Mississippi. It was a monster 241 par 3 and he put it on the green off the tee after I bet him he couldn't. He ended up beating me by one on the hole and winning the match by one. I did get a couple nice pars so all in all a great day and great weather for October in St Louis.

A new personal best for me 2 Sunday's ago. I had an interesting front nine at 45 which is just above my average.
I shot 37 on the back, which is 2 over (its a 36 front 25 back). I only had one birdie which I chipped in from just off the green.
My back 9 was 3 bogies a bird and all pars. This is my best score ever my 2 strokes. I pared all Par 3's and par 5's on the day which was a huge help
We played at Stone Mountain, the Stonemont course. I was riding high and went directly to my local sports bar for the Fins game. What looked like an incredible day all came crashing down with a late Rodgers td pass through my heart.

I took this past weekend off bc I was in Fl for a wedding and used my Saturday for some offshore fishing instead.
Ill be back at it this Sunday, not expecting an improvement of my last outing that is for sure.

Get it in now Slk. Another month or so and all the green grass will be gone and we are playing winter rules
At least no snow to deal with in GA like the guys up north who basically put away the clubs till spring. :idk:

I played twice last year with snow on the ground under trees. temp at tee off was in the low 50's but it was just after the snowpocalypes, and there were piles of snow in the shade. It was pretty cool with it being sunny and 55 degrees and snow in the shade.

37 is a hell of a score for 9. Good job. Best I ever did was 39 on a par 35

Got a 12:48 tee time for this afternoon. Supposed to be 76 in Ohio. Probably be the last time I play this year.....

Had a couple par 5's kick my ass today. Rebounded with a couple nice pars. Had a 12 ft birdie putt I left 4 ft short. Go figure.

I'm still playing in shorts at least for another month.

Hey 71 seems like you have really gotten better this year from your first few posts. Maybe that par 3 in your back forty had something to do with it. You can probably hit some balls out there all winter long.

Another personal best on Sunday before the game.
I shot 81 41 on front 40 on back. I was feeling it, only 1 3 putt all day. 1 Birdie, 4 double bogies , 3 bogies, 10 pars on a par 71 course.
Par on 4 of 4 par 3's. Only bogey was on a 222 par 3 I decided to hit 3 wood and went over the green.
Needed a 2 putt to get to 80 on 18 and had my only 3 putt all day.
Best I have ever putted. Made only 1 putt over 10 feet (bird), but was all tap in 2 putts on par 4's.
I can't wait to play again

Back
Top Bottom