---Official Golf Thread---- | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---Official Golf Thread----

Last day of golf league for the year. Started off with a triple once again. Gotta stop doing that. Sunk a nice 12 foot par. Missed another 5 chances from 4 to 12 ft for par and settled for bogies. Gotta stop doing that. Had some really nice chips including one tracking the pin from 40 ft. It hit and bounced off. I proceeded to miss the 4 ft par. In the end shot a 47 and beat my partner by a stroke,

I've seen lots of deer and even alligators on the course but never this.

[video=youtube_share;kMkWuXk11Uk]http://youtu.be/kMkWuXk11Uk[/video]

That would make you think twice about retrieving your ball from the cup. LOL.

Looks like Bubba Watson blew up today. Ah the pressure of playing for $10,000,000

I've seen lots of deer and even alligators on the course but never this.

[video=youtube_share;kMkWuXk11Uk]http://youtu.be/kMkWuXk11Uk[/video]

My dumbass friends and myself included would obviously do the smart thing and hit every single golf ball in our bags at the bears lol. Of course with a wager.

Clutch Eagle by Rory to draw even. Hoersell was having some difficulty finishing the round.

[video=youtube_share;3PNsMXe170Q]http://youtu.be/3PNsMXe170Q[/video]

Played a city course with 6 guys from work that haven't had enough now that golf league is done.
Played flawlessly except for one hole out of 9. Was just short of the green on a par 5 laying 4 and took 4 to get down after bad chip and 3 putt. Other than that all bogies and a par. Just missed a birdie by a couple inches. Ended up with 46 and my 4th straight round under my handicap. I'm ready for my matchup with buddies from Mississippi in October. Time to win a steak dinner.

Eliminate the one bad hole and you're right there. Sounds like you are getting better dude.

I see steak in your future.:eat:

While golfing last night one of the guys in my fore some was having problems with his drives. On the 4th and 6th holes hit hit it right and into the hazard.
Sounded kind of strange on the 6th when he hit the ball. On the 7th he hit a straight shot into the fairway but the driver gave off a weird sound.
He looked down and his Taylormade Burner had a 2 1/2 inch crack in the face of the club head. He wasn't happy. Then he realized it was still under warranty.
He gleefully started saying "I'm getting a new driver"

My buddy snapped the head completely off his driver a few weeks ago. I offered to let him use mine but he insisted on playing with a 3 wood the final 9 holes. Probably the best 9 holes he's ever played. He got the driver repaired but now he seldom uses it except on long par 4' and 5's.

What a ****ty weekend. Lost money playing Friday. Canes got handled at Nebraska Saturday. Fin's fizziled Sunday.:hsmash:

I played on Saturday and beat my buddy by a stroke on the last hole. High light of the weekend. Only 29 putts in 18 holes. Was chipping well and doing my bill horshell impression on 5 ft putts. Only missed one all day. Very windy and we played from the tips. Bad idea

I did notice something that I can use to my advantage in the future. When we were playing from the tips it forced my playing partners to many more short chips around the greens on par 4's
Normally they would put their second shot on the green and be putting for birdie from white tees. But with the added distance they were forced to chip from around the green on most of the par 4's. Since I usually am chipping on 3rd shot it was an equalizer. My chip was slightly longer but still within the range that I practice at home.

So anytime I play for money in the future I'm going to suggest that we play from the tips to make up for my distance disadvantage.

Just found this thread!
I have been playing a lot of golf for about two years now. Never played growing up in Florida bc I was always fishing or diving.
Now that I live in Atlanta I play about every weekend.
I played at Barnsley Gardens yesterday for John Rocker charity for homeless vets. It was a great time and a beautiful course. Even better everything was free (work sponsored)
I recently have been shooting mid 80's pretty consistently. I mixed in an 83 a few weeks ago and an 89 last week..

Back
Top Bottom