***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 177 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
UM basketball schedule is out.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/mifl-m-baskbl-sched.html

Must admit, I'm pretty excited about this current UM team. Returning 4 starters including Durand Scott, who's going to be a stud. Got some good recruits in Rion Brown, Eric Swoope, and Raphael Akpejiori. Expecting big things from Donnavan Kirk this year too Sucks that Kenny Kadji and Trey McKinney-Jones aren't eligible though. Don't much about Trey, but know Kadji was one of the best Center recruits in the country in 2008. Though looks like we'll get Kadji for 3 years since he was given a medical hardship waiver. But add them to next years squad with 4 star Center Ismaila Dauda. UM basketball certainly heading on the right direction. A lot of good to very good recruits considering Miami though. If UM can pull off a great season, and the Heat get to the Finals, could see some of these guys coming to Miami.

I wonder how much interest JaKarr Sampson has in Miami at this point. I know there was a lot of buzz about LeBron coming to Miami being a big help to UM recruiting and that JaKarr Sampson was considering Miami. Guess we'll have to see.

We'll need more points than I estimated against Ohio State. Our interior D looked very vulnerable last night, when projected down the road. Forston simply isn't much. I watched him every play. While he's healthy this year and gave a big effort he's the Reggie Youngblood of defense, someone who isn't as talented as his clippings. Stands straight up. Stutter steps. Easily maneuvered. Whiffs tackles. We dropped him deep into coverage on two plays, which was amusing.

Overall the D is shockingly small. McCarthy isn't a MLB. We really need Bailey at DT but unfortunately he's more concerned with his pro projection at DE. We're loaded outside and could replace him easily at LDE.

The Canes can shock Ohio State with big plays but we'll be smacked around often in the physical department. Should be a game of great contrasts. It's never ideal to open with a softie at home and then meet a top flight team on the road the following week. Too much of a shell shock adjustment. Witness 2000 at Washington and 2007 at Oklahoma.

Miami definitely has a chance. This team is hardly as fragile as the recent versions. The weakness at DT and uncertainty on the OL make me nervous.

Henderson looked terrific, BTW. He entered at RT with 5 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter. Very explosive and powerful, easily getting to the second level. Most programs would have him starting right now. He was erratic on pass blocking, fine on most plays but twice on wide rushes he got his legs too far apart and looked a bit stiff and off balance.

If anyone is wondering how the Heat stack up in public opinion, we got a huge hint last night at halftime. The FAMU band announcer made 3 references in succession, to the Dolphins, the Heat and Randy Shannon. The Dolphins and Heat received a decent amount of applause. The crowd erupted when he said Heat.

fa2ah3-1.png

Some more confirmation that Duke Johnson will commit to Miami. Even more interesting about this is that AJ Leggett is wanting to commit as well. In case you don't know about Leggett, he's one of the best CB prospects in Florida for 2012. Here's a highlight video on Leggett.

[video=youtube;mZVMPSt58AE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZVMPSt58AE[/video]

Brown, Johnson, and Leggett. 3 guys who may be near the top of their positions nationally by the time 2012 comes around. Not bad.

Were we watching the same team? That D is not small at all, they have great size at every position. As a matter of fact, Tony Barnhardt is on the radio in Atlanta pretty regularly and had a few interesting things to say about that. Granted it's only talk, but he said if it was a beauty contest, everybody else can go home because Miami has one of the biggest most talented "looking" teams he has ever seen. How they "look" doesn't translate to how they play, I know, I just found it interesting.

Forston is not a bust just yet. He has played in a grand total of about 12 college football games, if that. There is no weakness at DT, they will rotate 4-5 in there and they are all pretty darn good. This is shaping up to be a really solid D-Line.

The D plays very small. I don't care what the measurables are. McCarthy is scary to look at as a MLB. The DBs are frail as a group.

Miami can cover that up in games when the speed takes over but the thumper teams will often shove us around, grasping for arm tackles. Luckily we're healthy to start the season, unlike last year, so I think we'll hold up well against Ohio State.

Bailey at DE helps the physical nature of the line but I hate two mediocrities at DT. We're not close to Miami standards at DT and that's where I evaluate first in a 4-3. Regis back should help. He didn't play against FAMU.

Forston is a bust based on what was expected. He's an ordinary player. My dad attended the game Thursday night and we watched Forston play after play. My dad literally would burst out in laughter many times. I didn't have to ask why. I was seeing the same thing. Those were the plays in which Forston stands straight up and the offensive lineman detours him wherever he wants to take him, with Forston desperately trying to reverse his feet. It is hysterical. But I'll concede Forston was never taken more than 10 yards out of his way against FAMU, unlike one play in last year's FSU game.

Don't get me wrong, I really like our team. We'll make many opponents look bad. But the defense is hardly the '80s/early '90s when it often looked unfair, like 12 guys or more. This defense makes the playing field look huge, gaps galore. Alabama's defense shrinks it.

We'll need more points than I estimated against Ohio State. Our interior D looked very vulnerable last night, when projected down the road. Forston simply isn't much. I watched him every play. While he's healthy this year and gave a big effort he's the Reggie Youngblood of defense, someone who isn't as talented as his clippings. Stands straight up. Stutter steps. Easily maneuvered. Whiffs tackles. We dropped him deep into coverage on two plays, which was amusing.

Overall the D is shockingly small. McCarthy isn't a MLB. We really need Bailey at DT but unfortunately he's more concerned with his pro projection at DE. We're loaded outside and could replace him easily at LDE.

The Canes can shock Ohio State with big plays but we'll be smacked around often in the physical department. Should be a game of great contrasts. It's never ideal to open with a softie at home and then meet a top flight team on the road the following week. Too much of a shell shock adjustment. Witness 2000 at Washington and 2007 at Oklahoma.

Miami definitely has a chance. This team is hardly as fragile as the recent versions. The weakness at DT and uncertainty on the OL make me nervous.

Henderson looked terrific, BTW. He entered at RT with 5 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter. Very explosive and powerful, easily getting to the second level. Most programs would have him starting right now. He was erratic on pass blocking, fine on most plays but twice on wide rushes he got his legs too far apart and looked a bit stiff and off balance.

If anyone is wondering how the Heat stack up in public opinion, we got a huge hint last night at halftime. The FAMU band announcer made 3 references in succession, to the Dolphins, the Heat and Randy Shannon. The Dolphins and Heat received a decent amount of applause. The crowd erupted when he said Heat.

Spot analysis as usual, sir.

Guys, we have some serious concerns and I don't know what we're going to do on Saturday. We're going to have to score score score.

Anyone see the Dwyer-Glenville game? Man Dwyer got screwed. On a more related note, sounds like Nick O'Leary is down to FSU or Miami, and from what I'm hearing Miami is in the lead. Man would that be a huge get. Dude reminds me of Greg Olsen.

Anyone see the Dwyer-Glenville game? Man Dwyer got screwed. On a more related note, sounds like Nick O'Leary is down to FSU or Miami, and from what I'm hearing Miami is in the lead. Man would that be a huge get. Dude reminds me of Greg Olsen.

Dwyer got hosed. A Florida team getting the shaft by the refs against an Ohio team. Where have I heard this before.

As far as O'Leary goes, Gary Ferman said we have literally NO SHOT at him. So therefore, O'Leary is damn near a 'Cane lock.

Yep.. you're going to need points up in the Shoe... However, you're going to have the most talented team on the field as well...

Problem as always is, Miami is going to have to match Ohio St.'s physicality as you said...

Forston wasn't the only one being abused... I've watched the film and Josh Holmes was getting slapped around pretty bad too...

Brandon Harris' technique is virtually flawless.... what a prospect... outstanding blitzer from the slot as well..

Allen Bailey is a 3-4 end all the way... he simply doesn't have the first step, burst, or pass rush moves to be successful in a 4 man front in the NFL...(unless he kicks inside to defensive tackle)... Incredibly powerful and doesn't stay blocked... I think he's an ideal 5-technique...

Vernon? Now that kid is a what a 4-3 pass rushing 7-technique is supposed to look like...

Yep.. you're going to need points up in the Shoe... However, you're going to have the most talented team on the field as well...

Problem as always is, Miami is going to have to match Ohio St.'s physicality as you said...

Forston wasn't the only one being abused... I've watched the film and Josh Holmes was getting slapped around pretty bad too...

Brandon Harris technique is virtually flawless.... what a prospect... outstanding blitzer from the slot as well..

Allen Bailey is a 3-4 end all the way... he simply doesn't have the first step, burst, or pass rush moves to be successful in a 4 man front in the NFL...(unless he kicks inside to defensive tackle)... Incredibly powerful and doesn't stay blocked... I think he's an ideal 5-technique...

Allen Bailey needs to move to defensive tackle but he won't. The guy has freakish skills but continues to underachieve and we really need that guy to step it up.

Dwyer got hosed. A Florida team getting the shaft by the refs against an Ohio team. Where have I heard this before.

As far as O'Leary goes, Gary Ferman said we have literally NO SHOT at him. So therefore, O'Leary is damn near a 'Cane lock.

I hope so. Kid's a stud. Looks like a better Greg Olsen out there. You got any news on Chickillo? He should be a Cane lock also. Epic fail on Shannon if he commits elsewhere on the 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom