***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 193 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's them or Duke... take your pick...:lol:

Too bad Virginia waited so long to fire Groh and hire Mike London..

Ras-I Dowling needs to get his *** on the field... he's got a slough of corners all over the place that are improving their stocks and leaving him in the dust...

We were without a doubt the more talented team yesterday. And we SHOULDN'T lose another game this year. We all had questions about our linebackers and specifically whether the D was physical enough. IMO the front 7 played their ***** off. Sean Spence played a heck of a game considering he was spying Pryor and giving up 30 pounds when he got to him. We also have to give Pryor some credit here. He's a player, he's going to make plays. The guy's a physical freak like LeBron. Offensively, RUN THE DAMN BALL!!! The defense was on the field the whole first half. Run the ball, we have 4 quality backs. Jacory doesn't get pressured and our OLine(who played well) isn't put in bad situations. We're The U! We have playmakers! Run the ball and play action. The sad thing is with a different staff...we would have won the game yesterday and we would win a national championship.

IMO this one does fall on the coaches. All of them. And it always does when a team isn't prepared. That is ALWAYS on the coaches. Why is Jacory throwing a hitch with 2 guys right there? Why can't Benjamin get the right play? Why haven't our secondary been coached up on being physical and tackling? And if they have been then why haven't we gotten somebody in there that can do the job?

Sam Shields looked ok today for the Packers. Good to see him on a roster and playing. Always liked that guy, did whatever he had to do for the team.

Just listened to Randy's Sunday press conference. Reporter asks him for some positives. One of the first things out of his mouth was, "well, we only punted the ball twice." :lol:

Correct Randy, because you kept gift wrapping it for them via interceptions.

As a Buckeye fan, I am not going to rub it in. What I do wonder is why your coaching staff didn't pull Harris out for a play or two when he was cramping and could barely walk. I know some of the OSU players had the same issue, and were pulled from the game until they got better. I will admit that I was worried for Harris, I think your coaches risked him getting hurt. OH!

As a Buckeye fan, I am not going to rub it in. What I do wonder is why your coaching staff didn't pull Harris out for a play or two when he was cramping and could barely walk. I know some of the OSU players had the same issue, and were pulled from the game until they got better. I will admit that I was worried for Harris, I think your coaches risked him getting hurt. OH!

I wondered the same thing. Then I seen that he throws better on one leg than he does two............

Im mad that we lost but encouraged that the number 2 team in the Country only beat us by 12 in their own stadium with our QB throwing 4 picks. If Jacory doesnt throw those picks then I think we would have been in it, But it is what it is, Another loss due to Jacory making mistakes. Miami has a chance to be good but its all on Jacory, Its time for the kid to step his game up.

Today, Randy Shannon demanded that all players deactivate thier Twitter accountants in an effort to refocus the team.

You guys may laugh now, but when we're 13 - 1 and winning our 6th national title you'll look back on this day as a turning point.

:bobdole:

Today, Randy Shannon demanded that all players deactivate thier Twitter accountants in an effort to refocus the team.

You guys may laugh now, but when we're 13 - 1 and winning our 6th national title you'll look back on this day as a turning point.

:bobdole:

Are you for real or being sarcastic?

Here's what I found out today...

The axing of Twitter apparently was Jacory's idea...not Shannon.

Jacory's second interception. This was *supposed* to be one of the trick plays I mentioned before the game. It failed...obviously. It was a sight adjustment audible by Jacory and Benjamin initially designed to be a run. The audible was for a quick slant route...only Benjamin stuck to his original blocking assignment for the run play. Jacory felt like Benjamin was setting his man up and still threw the ball.

It took a loss for the coaches to figure out what most of us already knew. Lamar Miller needs more touches. Mike James won't be seeing as many touches from here forward. It's going to be Berry and Miller.

Should see some line changes against Pittsburgh. I see Seantrel up close and personal on Saturday before the game and good GOD that dude IS indeed a mountain. Just a MASSIVE dude. And his girlfriend is a smurf. I don't see how that works out but we're not going to get into that lol. But we should begin to see more of Henderson.

I finally took a look at the game again. Minus emotion it was more encouraging than my initial impression, particularly the defensive front seven. Plenty of players there. Spence really got aggressive in the second half. Too bad about Porter. He got a decent push even through the double team.

The secondary is another matter. I'm not sure you can coach up ball hawking instincts and intensity. Harris played tough other than the TD pass over Spence, where Harris strangely backed off at the final instant. DVD's sideline whiff on 3rd and 14 was the most pathetic effort of the game. Ray Ray made some hits but failing to get his fingers on the deep ball to Posey and flubbing the INT were his signature moments. Telemaque made one great tackle on a slant at the 5, a play Ohio State obviously targeted. I can't judge if these safeties will bloom into playmakers or be annual big name teases.

Thanks to JCane for the detail on the second INT. Baffled the heck out of me because everyone besides Jacory treated it like a running play. Even Berry looks like he's expecting a handoff.

Not only did Jacory seemingly play better on one leg, he had more velocity. Everyone talks about the pick to Heyward but the next possession may have been the most sickening of all. Miller dashed up the middle to the 3 but we were penalized for not being set. Chase drops a deep sideline pass at the 2. Byrd doesn't come down with a 50/50 ball deep left end zone. Then Aldarius tops off the wonderful series by blowing a perfectly thrown ball at the goal line, losing control before he was hit but seemingly expecting the hit to jar the ball loose. The blocked 39 yard FG was a given.

Every second half possession we moved inside Ohio State's 40.

I finally took a look at the game again. Minus emotion it was more encouraging than my initial impression, particularly the defensive front seven. Plenty of players there. Spence really got aggressive in the second half. Too bad about Porter. He got a decent push even through the double team.

The secondary is another matter. I'm not sure you can coach up ball hawking instincts and intensity. Harris played tough other than the TD pass over Spence, where Harris strangely backed off at the final instant. DVD's sideline whiff on 3rd and 14 was the most pathetic effort of the game. Ray Ray made some hits but failing to get his fingers on the deep ball to Posey and flubbing the INT were his signature moments. Telemaque made one great tackle on a slant at the 5, a play Ohio State obviously targeted. I can't judge if these safeties will bloom into playmakers or be annual big name teases.

Thanks to JCane for the detail on the second INT. Baffled the heck out of me because everyone besides Jacory treated it like a running play. Even Berry looks like he's expecting a handoff.

Not only did Jacory seemingly play better on one leg, he had more velocity. Everyone talks about the pick to Heyward but the next possession may have been the most sickening of all. Miller dashed up the middle to the 3 but we were penalized for not being set. Chase drops a deep sideline pass at the 2. Byrd doesn't come down with a 50/50 ball deep left end zone. Then Aldarius tops off the wonderful series by blowing a perfectly thrown ball at the goal line, losing control before he was hit but seemingly expecting the hit to jar the ball loose. The blocked 39 yard FG was a given.

Every second half possession we moved inside Ohio State's 40.

I recall watching that play you are talking about when Miller ran to the three. I may have had a few too many ****tails, but I didn't remember seeing the penalty at the time. Was the call legit?

Glad you saw some positive out of watching it again, I haven't had the heart too.

Only thing I know after watching that game...Lamar Miller needs 10 - 15 touches a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom