***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 479 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey FSU have you had a chance to watch Cade Weldon play HS QB there in Tampa ? What are your thoughts on him.

I have not, Jefferson didn't play south this year (into Manatee County)...I don't think the team he played on was all that strong though. Hard to judge a player with little talent around them.

One of the gripes I had with Allison as he had good talent (at least good athletes) and didn't take advantage of them he also threw a lot on INT's...I think that a freshman starts for you this year. Weldon or the Duel Threat, too bad he isn't an early enrollee

You guys are probably top 3 along with Bama and Ohio st. Gonna be fun :brewskis:

Michigan had a really good class as well

Top 5 and I am happy

I think Georgia is a surprise, but something is going on there...reminds me of the Ol Miss haul a few years ago that netted Tunsil, Nkendichi, and Tredwell

Michigan had a really good class as well

Top 5 and I am happy

I think Georgia is a surprise, but something is going on there...reminds me of the Ol Miss haul a few years ago that netted Tunsil, Nkendichi, and Tredwell

No..Kirby is just a bad-ass recruiter...plus Ga. always pulls in great classes...Richt always had great talent ..he just couldn't coach or develop them into winners.( on the big stage at least)

Tough game today from the Canes, Jim Larranaga is an excellent coach. You guys kept attacking us in the paint all day, which doesn't work out well for most teams but you guys feasted (for awhile anyway).

We're a border line good team this year but should be really good next season.

NIT probably

Coach L is terrific.

NIT probably

Coach L is terrific.
I think the main thing holding the team back is the lack of a true point guard. Newton is a good player, but he's more of a scoring guard than point guard. I think they'll be one of the teams truly sweating it out on selection Sunday. But playing in the ACC, they'll have a few chances to add some really good wins to their resume.

NIT probably

Coach L is terrific.

I think you guys can make it in but like Phins says, there's chances to strengthen the resume that the team will have to seize.

They may sneak in but it will probably take knocking off a few high ranked teams in the ACC tournament . Their conference record is only 6 and 5.

I think the main thing holding the team back is the lack of a true point guard. Newton is a good player, but he's more of a scoring guard than point guard. I think they'll be one of the teams truly sweating it out on selection Sunday. But playing in the ACC, they'll have a few chances to add some really good wins to their resume.

But in college basketball, they can get away with that against 90% of the teams. Unfortunately Louisville is in the other 10%. Anymore, you really only need a TRUE point against teams that pressure the ball heavily for at least 3/4 of the court. We were trying some new things on defense in that first half but Miami was straight fire from the outside, was attacking the paint hard, and those new sets on D were leaving guys wide open on the inside. We had to ditch the new stuff.

Gotta have a coach who can coach them up. In Richt we trust.

Until the game matters....

Miami did great this year on signing some quality players....I fully understand that at some point the pendulum will swing in favor of another Florida team...granted I would like two more titles before that happens and as long as the Gators are still a team we can make fun of, I think we will be ok.

ACC, the new dominant conference!

Until the game matters....

Miami did great this year on signing some quality players....I fully understand that at some point the pendulum will swing in favor of another Florida team...granted I would like two more titles before that happens and as long as the Gators are still a team we can make fun of, I think we will be ok.

ACC, the new dominant conference!

They did good this year but should be really good next go round. i knew college recruits often flip but as it stand now we have the top 2018 class with the #2 RB and #4 QB who's from IMG academy near you i believe. He also brought their #1 WR with him.

http://miami.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Commits

Another good year on the field plus this class and we are gonna be riding high again (hopefully)

ACC rules :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom