***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 478 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the 30 for 30 on the Catholics vs the Convicts. Really well done even though those cheating refs called Cleveland Gary's play a fumble rather than a TD. Since that game I've always hated ND.
Had forgotten that great come back vs Michigan the week before. Those Cane were fun to watch.

Beat Bump's West Virginia inbred , sheep ****ing , toothless Mountaineers :brewskis:

Beat Bump's West Virginia inbred , sheep ****ing , toothless Mountaineers :brewskis:

B4A3E865-0926-4318-8FE8-2C67AFCDF8DF_zpsuosmzk4i.jpg

Curious what you guys think about Brad Kaaya declaring for the NFL draft and who you think will be the starting quarterback next year?

Kaaya finished strong so probably a good time to come out although he might have improved his draft stock with another season.

I think this incoming freshman may end up the starter. Good arm and very mobile similar to the kid in Louisville. Hopefully he'll be as good.

http://247sports.com/player/nkosi-perry-85231

N'Kosi Perry

I've been wondering if it'd be him or either Jack Allison. Be awesome if Perry was like Lamar Jackson as I can't remember the last time Miami has had a mobile quarterback

That's easy, never :lol:

There were times last season I really wish kaaya could at least be a threat to run. He usually just set up in the pocket and was an easy target for pass rushers plus a running QB brings the option play into our playbook.

I cann't remember Richt having a running QB at Georgia but he had Charlie Ward when he was OC at FSU. Guy won the Heisman under him.

I also thought Jack Allison would be next man up but it has been reported he was behind the other QB's and needed to mature mentally and physically so the rookie might pass him up.

Rosier is another option if the younger guys cann't come on quickly. He's mobile and not a bad fall back plan.

They are also signing 3 star QB Cade Weldon. His father was Florida State All-American quarterback and 1991 Heisman Trophy runner-up Casey Weldon. He's more a drop back passer but QB is in his blood.

Vinny's son is back as well but not an option to start.

I think Richt kills it on signing day. They currently have the Canes #14 but we'll get a couple of surprise 4 star signings that should push it up to top 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richt is doing a good job in Miami, much better than the last few who ran that program....although Miami has always been able to get talent, they just couldn't develop anything.

Allison I watch in high school a lot (maybe a dozen or so games) and was surprised that he was as highly rated as he was...talented group of WR, but just made really poor reads, if that freshman is an early enrollee, I can easily see him taking over that job.

He's not coming in early so those others will get a chance to impress first. That is the one thing that may keep him from being the starter next season.

That Weldon kid could surprise and grab the position in spring. He put up great numbers in HS.
If I had to guess i think Rosier wins the job in spring and the kid has to beat him out for it.
Maybe Rosier starts the year and the kid takes over at the first mis cue

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah don't sleep on Weldon. Athletically he is up there. Wouldn't be shocked if he started next year as a true freshmen. Especially when he is already in the program.

This is pretty cool. These are the recruits that have already enrolled.

http://www.miamisquad17.com/

Click on the player for a break down of his tape by a former Canes great that played that position.

Hey FSU have you had a chance to watch Cade Weldon play HS QB there in Tampa ? What are your thoughts on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom