***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 548 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure didn't. Enjoy it while you can, you won't get to often. Most of mine over the past decade have aged very well.

It's just nice to get to watch meaningful football. The canes are fun to watch and in contention. I'm relatively young so that's been a rarity between the canes and fins.

It sure didn't. Enjoy it while you can, you won't get to often. Most of mine over the past decade have aged very well.
I know, Bama fans think they're the only team worthy of playing for a national championship every year.

I'm pretty confident in saying I think the Canes will be playing for one every year as well. Richt is only getting started, he's done more with Al Golden's players than Al Golden did, he's got a lot of freshman and Sophomore's playing, he's got an outstanding class coming in next year. He'll be able to recruit a better class of player at Miami than he did in Georgia...and before you say he had great players at Georgia, South Florida produces way more talent, every school comes down to South Florida to recruit, all of the Canes national championships were built on South Florida kids. I haven't seen too many national championships won without some South Florida kids on the roster.

Howard Schnellenberger had moderate success until he came to Miami, never duplicated after he left.
Jimmy Johnson had moderate success until he came to Miami (pretty sure he went 8-5 his last year at Oklahoma State before coming to Miami)
Dennis Erickson, moderate success. Never duplicated after he left.
Butch Davis was an unknown. Never duplicated his success after he left.

Those 4 had a plan, knew how to build teams from the bottom up and they could recruit. Richt has all those same attributes. The last three coaches have lacked one or all of those abilities.

Richt is a year ahead of plan IMO. I expected a 9-3 or 10-2 season with a chance at the ACC championship game with them really making noise next year. With the Canes getting back in the national spotlight things are going to get really fun from now on. The Canes of old put a whooping on teams when they played in primetime games with the whole country watching...these Canes brought back those memories. Best recruiting tool you can have.

I know, Bama fans think they're the only team worthy of playing for a national championship every year.

I'm pretty confident in saying I think the Canes will be playing for one every year as well. Richt is only getting started, he's done more with Al Golden's players than Al Golden did, he's got a lot of freshman and Sophomore's playing, he's got an outstanding class coming in next year. He'll be able to recruit a better class of player at Miami than he did in Georgia...and before you say he had great players at Georgia, South Florida produces way more talent, every school comes down to South Florida to recruit, all of the Canes national championships were built on South Florida kids. I haven't seen too many national championships won without some South Florida kids on the roster.

Howard Schnellenberger had moderate success until he came to Miami, never duplicated after he left.
Jimmy Johnson had moderate success until he came to Miami (pretty sure he went 8-5 his last year at Oklahoma State before coming to Miami)

Those 4 had a plan, knew how to build teams from the bottom up and they could recruit. Richt has all those same attributes. The last three coaches have lacked one or all of those abilities.

Richt is a year ahead of plan IMO. I expected a 9-3 or 10-2 season with a chance at the ACC championship game with them really making noise next year. With the Canes getting back in the national spotlight things are going to get really fun from now on. The Canes of old put a whooping on teams when they played in primetime games with the whole country watching...these Canes brought back those memories. Best recruiting tool you can have.
What I find fascinating is that all these people who declared VT and ND vastly superior to the Canes are mostly back pedaling now or doubling down. The Canes not just won both games they completely destroyed VT and ND. If not for a softer approach in the second half it could have been much worse.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/11/13/hurricane-recruiting-the-elite-players-have-returned/

“Having been around the program the past few years, I have never seen anything like it,” said Andrew Ivins from 247Sports. “Kids who really had no interest in the program, along with commitments to other schools, came out.”

Indeed, with elite prospects such as St. Thomas Aquinas standout Asante Samuels (FSU) was there. So was South Dade elite defensive end Patrick Joyner (FSU) and the Plantation American Heritage trio of Pat Surtain, Jr., Tyson Campbell and nationally-rated sprinter and football prospect Anthony Schwartz.

In past years, Miami had to keep in close contact with all its recruits, realizing that they could jump ship at any time. That is certainly not the case for the top 5 Class of 2018 group they have – or the 2019 prospects.

“What Miami has done is start to make it special to be here in Coral Gables,” Dana Wiley of PrepFilms pointed out. “In the past few years, kids were getting offers that had many shaking their collective heads. Now, under Coach (Mark) Richt, it is an honor to get an offer from this school – like it was back in the successful days.”

What I find fascinating is that all these people who declared VT and ND vastly superior to the Canes are mostly back pedaling now or doubling down. The Canes not just won both games they completely destroyed VT and ND. If not for a softer approach in the second half it could have been much worse.

You can't keep doing the straw man thing if you want to have any type of back and forth. You're seemingly incapable of posting without talking in extremes and exaggerating. Now I know why I've been around here 9 years and never really had a conversation with you. You just want to argue, and I'm usually not that bored. This will probably be it for me unless it changes.

Nobody declared ND or VT vastly superior to Miami. Just that Miami COULD lose either of those games, along with Clemson. Which was a perfectly reasonable take. They usually do lose those games. They lost both last year.

Turns out Miami dominated both teams. They won. What exactly the hell do you want people to do or say? We can't hand Miami the national championship trophy today. You still haven't won sh^t yet. Nobody has.

It's obvious Georgia and Notre Dame were both a little overrated. But so has been everybody else that's been ranked in the top 4 at any point this season....except Alabama.

It appears we know one thing for sure though, Notre Dame really is probably 1 point worse than Georgia. But neither belong in the top 4.

All Miami has to do is keep winning and prove they're the best team in the country if that's really who you or they believe they are. If they do, everybody else will believe it too.

However, there's still too much football to be played for all these top teams. A slip up against one of these lesser teams undoes everything they've accomplished. We see it happen every week.

Go back and read my posts before the start of the season last year. Before anyone played a single game. I said it was Bama and Clemson, then everybody else was significantly below those two teams. That's exactly what happened.

At the end of last season after Clemson won over Alabama, I said there were going to be 5 or 6 teams that were all bunched up together this year that could win it. There was no clearly dominant team or teams. That's exactly what's happening.

We still don't know exactly who the top 4 teams are going to be, but we're gonna find out. So relax. Quit being so damn argumentative constantly. And win something.

Kdawg sez : I may take National Signing Day off work next year . . . Could seriously see some flipping to the U that day.
We already have some studs in the 18 class like 5 star RB Lingard , WR Mark Pope and TE Bevin Jordan along with four 4 star DB's and that's not including 5 star Campbell who's leaning Canes. Our recent play will attract a few flips as well I believe. They are seeing that freshman play early and with Miami on the rise they'll be playing in big national games on a bright stage.
When the year started I think all of us thought we'd be good but take it to the next level when these guys got here well Richt is a year of schedule which is great to see.

The players at Georgia weren't the problem while Richt was there. The problem unfortunately was Nick Saban.

Lucky for him, he don't have to worry about that in the ACC, and I'm sure he'll do well. But know this...Saban will always hand pick one or two he really wants from South Florida. That's all he needs.

To be fair slimm you did actually say Notre Dame was gonna win not could.... I think Richt will win titles here and that's not outlandish. Coaches improve, you can't just say he never won 1 before so he will never win one. Honestly I think Miami is a better recruiting location then Georgia. We'll see

To be fair slimm you did actually say Notre Dame was gonna win not could.... I think Richt will win titles here and that's not outlandish. Coaches improve, you can't just say he never won 1 before so he will never win one. Honestly I think Miami is a better recruiting location then Georgia. We'll see

That's right, and I said I deserve whatever all you clowns were ready to dish out because of the way Miami played.

But every other post for a week this guy has been adding or subtracting to what was actually said. One exaggeration after another. It's a pattern with him.

You can't keep doing the straw man thing if you want to have any type of back and forth. You're seemingly incapable of posting without talking in extremes and exaggerating. Now I know why I've been around here 9 years and never really had a conversation with you. You just want to argue, and I'm usually not that bored. This will probably be it for me unless it changes.

Nobody declared ND or VT vastly superior to Miami. Just that Miami COULD lose either of those games, along with Clemson. Which was a perfectly reasonable take. They usually do lose those games. They lost both last year.

Turns out Miami dominated both teams. They won. What exactly the hell do you want people to do or say? We can't hand Miami the national championship trophy today. You still haven't won sh^t yet. Nobody has.

It's obvious Georgia and Notre Dame were both a little overrated. But so has been everybody else that's been ranked in the top 4 at any point this season....except Alabama.

It appears we know one thing for sure though, Notre Dame really is probably 1 point worse than Georgia. But neither belong in the top 4.

All Miami has to do is keep winning and prove they're the best team in the country if that's really who you or they believe they are. If they do, everybody else will believe it too.

However, there's still too much football to be played for all these top teams. A slip up against one of these lesser teams undoes everything they've accomplished. We see it happen every week.

Go back and read my posts before the start of the season last year. Before anyone played a single game. I said it was Bama and Clemson, then everybody else was significantly below those two teams. That's exactly what happened.

At the end of last season after Clemson won over Alabama, I said there were going to be 5 or 6 teams that were all bunched up together this year that could win it. There was no clearly dominant team or teams. That's exactly what's happening.

We still don't know exactly who the top 4 teams are going to be, but we're gonna find out. So relax. Quit being so damn argumentative constantly. And win something.

my comment wasn't directed at you anyways. So I have no idea what your problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom