***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 571 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never use logic when it comes to these committees... let's just worry about it after the ACC championship game. ;)

So who do we need to win to help the cause?
You need Bama to win out. I think that's the big one. If you can't put 2 SEC teams in then there's no way we aren't.

That would give Georgia 2 losses and forget about Auburn at that point

The team really stepped up this whole year but inconsistent QB play finally caught up with us. Still good season at 10 and 1. Beat Clemson and it's a great season still. Lose and go to the Orange Bowl which is a huge step up for this program.

Offensive help is on the way in the next recruit class. The future's still bright.

This game wasn't strictly on QB play but it was the biggest part of it. We let them start with good field position due to our punter. The coaching staff needs to bring in another option and not be concerned with the punters last name.

The season failure is now complete. Now I feel like a Miami football fan again.

Thank God I was beginning to feel spoiled rotten.

Is it complete?
a) Last year Clemson won the National Championship with one regular season loss - against Pittsburgh. Yep, same team.
b) the goal was to win the Coastal for the first time since joining the ACC. Mission accomplished.
c) the extended hope was to win the conference. We still have that option.
d) nobody hoped or expected an undefeated season.....
e) ..... much less being in the playoff race.

This season, after all the years of misery and considering that Richt is just finishing his second year, is a success with the goal accomplished.

Richt is 17-5 over two regular seasons, largely with players from the previous regime. He turned that team around immediately while the Dolphins are on their 4th or 5th four-year plan. No comparison.
Richt's first incoming class just completed a 15-game win streak and his last recruiting class just tasted defeat for the first time. These two classes will be the foundation to greatness because they will hate the taste of defeat.

As much as this loss was annoying and aggravating it does not take away from what has been accomplished this year and what still can be accomplished.
If you put it all in perspective we still have a decent hand of cards. We can be easily put into a playiff spot next week. Just beat Clemson.

I wouldn't call it a failure. You can still win the ACC and make the playoffs

Honestly I think our chances of beating Clemson just improved. The players including Rosier were believing all the press and lost their focus. With the playoffs and ACC championship on the line I think they'll come out firing and win next week to right the ship.
We know they play up to good teams and down to bad ones so that should continue ... hopefully :)

I wouldn't call it a failure. You can still win the ACC and make the playoffs

Honestly I think our chances of beating Clemson just improved. The players including Rosier were believing all the press and lost their focus. With the playoffs and ACC championship on the line I think they'll come out firing and win next week to right the ship.
We know they play up to good teams and down to bad ones so that should continue ... hopefully :)

All comes down to QB play. If we are all honest here we know Miami got lucky to overcome some of those QB performances. You can't turn the ball over that much and continue to win.

Alabama is gonna lose and throw everything into chaos

There's no way you leave a 1 loss Miami who won the ACC beating Clemson and Notre Dame out. Name the 4 that make it if Miami beats Clemson
Alabama, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Georgia.

The committee doesn't like Miami. Two loss Georgia gets in cause they're in the SEC and I'm pretty sure if the committee had their choice and Alabama lost in the first round they'd get a pass and still play in the championship cause of money.

You can't convince me they put a 2 loss SEC team over a 1 loss Miami who won the ACC. Wisconsin will lose btw to Ohio state but even if they don't

All comes down to QB play. If we are all honest here we know Miami got lucky to overcome some of those QB performances. You can't turn the ball over that much and continue to win.

It wasn't turnovers this last game. We had no picks and won the turnover battle. It was him consistently missing open receivers including a couple that would have been sure TD's.

Rosier finished under 50 % completions. Not gonna get it done with that effort.

Honestly beat Clemson for the ACC title and what ever happens so be it.

We will be back next season with a better team and get that title. This year is just a stepping stone like we all thought when the season started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom