***Official N.Y. Jets @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official N.Y. Jets @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
A battle of AFC East Division teams as the last place and 1-5 New York Jets travel north east to Foxborough, Massachusetts, to play the first place and 4-2 New England Patriots in a prime time matchup on Thursday Night Football, to lead off Week 7 of the 2014 NFL regular season.

N.Y. Jets and Patriots are playng in their 111th all-time regular season meeting, including 3 postseason games, a series that started when both teams were the New York Titans and Boston Patriots in the old AFL in 1960. Patriots leads the all-time series entering tonight at 56-53-1. Patriots also outscored the N.Y. Jets in the previous 110 games 2506 points to 2318.

Jim Nantz and Phil Simms are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Tracy Wolfson, simulcast over-the-air on The NFL On CBS, including WFOR CBS Channel 4 in Miami, and on international cable on The NFL Network.

Westwood One Sports Radio network is also broadcasting the game throughout the USA, including simucasted locally in Miami on WINZ-AM 940The Sports Animal, and NewsRadio 610 WIOD, with Brooklyn Nets and NFL On CBS TV broadcaster Ian Eagle, and Mike Mayock announcing the live radio game play-by-play and analysis.

Rain and partly cloudy skies at 65 degrees is the local game forecast inside Gillette Stadium, for the 8:25 Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 100% precipitation, 95% humidity, and south/southeast winds at 9 miles per hour.

NO injuries, and GO AFC East!

http://www.nfl.com/tnf

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork

Last edited by a moderator:
if we have any hope at all for this season we need to pull the upset. after this game the sched gets much easier than it has been this last month. I can't believe we haven't won up there since the playoff game in January of 2011.

If you are thinking the Dolphins have a shot at the Division then you are hoping for a Jets victory. NY always plays the Pats tough and they have been good at pressuring Brady which is what you need to do to beat them.

The problem is that Geno Smith is the QB and you can't expect him to have better than a decent game. Beating them would require a great game on his part and there is nothing to indicate he is capable of that.

If you are thinking the Dolphins have a shot at the Division then you are hoping for a Jets victory. NY always plays the Pats tough and they have been good at pressuring Brady which is what you need to do to beat them.

The problem is that Geno Smith is the QB and you can't expect him to have better than a decent game. Beating them would require a great game on his part and there is nothing to indicate he is capable of that.

I don't think beating NE requires Geno to have a great game, it requires Geno to avoid the big mistakes which he may or may not be capable of but I wouldn't say he has to play great. Didn't play great against them last year and we beat them once and had a great chance the other game and in the game we beat them he had a HUGE mistake throwing a pick 6.

I think Geno's margin for error is quite a bit less this season and that's simply because the Jets are not playing well. I will credit the defense for stepping up against the Bronco's but I suspect the Bronco's were not playing their best either. The Jets secondary is a mess and the OL is not playing real well either. You didn't have these issues last season.

If the Jets dont stop bradys dinks and dunks it will be a long night. Also, if Geno has one of his classic melt downs the Vick supporters will be too much for Rex to hold off.

This is Genos biggest game of his short career.

I think Geno's margin for error is quite a bit less this season and that's simply because the Jets are not playing well. I will credit the defense for stepping up against the Bronco's but I suspect the Bronco's were not playing their best either. The Jets secondary is a mess and the OL is not playing real well either. You didn't have these issues last season.

to be honest it looked like the Den O put it in cruise control after they went up 24-7. they almost let us back into it and gave us a chance but I think if they really wanted to they could have blown us out. In the first qtr and a half the D played great but starting w/ Den's 1st TD through the last TD they moved the ball at will.

NE doesn't have as much talent for the QB to throw to which should help but it's going to be difficult to win this game.

Rooting for the Jets, as horrible as that is.

No, no, no. That's not how you're supposed to do it. That's grotesque. Allow me interject here, if you will.

"I'm rooting against the Patriots".

Ah, much better. This way you can remain true to your original sentiment without defiling yourself. :up:

Jets have done a decent job against the Patriots in recent years.

Games involving the Patriots and NY Jets beginning with the 2008 season:

2008 season: Week 2 Sun Sep 14 2008 at NYJ New England 19, NY Jets 10

2008 season: Week 11 Thu Nov 13 2008 at NE NY Jets 34, New England 31 (OT)

2009 season: Week 2 Sun Sep 20 2009 at NYJ NY Jets 16, New England 9

2009 season: Week 11 Sun Nov 22 2009 at NE New England 31, NY Jets 14

2010 season: Week 2 Sun Sep 19 2010 at NYJ NY Jets 28, New England 14

2010 season: Week 13 Mon Dec 6 2010 at NE New England 45, NY Jets 3

2010 season: Adiv Sun Jan 16 2011 at NE NY Jets 28, New England 21

2011 season: Week 5 Sun Oct 9 2011 at NE New England 30, NY Jets 21

2011 season: Week 10 SnN Nov 13 2011 at NYJ New England 37, NY Jets 16

2012 season: Week 7 Sun Oct 21 2012 at NE New England 29, NY Jets 26 (OT)

2012 season: Week 12 Tks Nov 22 2012 at NYJ New England 49, NY Jets 19

2013 season: Week 2 Thu Sep 12 2013 at NE New England 13, NY Jets 10

2013 season: Week 7 Sun Oct 20 2013 at NYJ NY Jets 30, New England 27 (OT)

2014 season: Week 7 Thu Oct 16 2014 NYJ at NE

2014 season: Week 16 Sun Dec 21 2014 NE at NYJ

Primary team the Patriots: 8-5
Points for the Patriots: 355
Points against the Patriots: 255

There are a couple stinkers in there on National Television though.
Hope they make a good game of it tonight.

I don't think Rex is in trouble, I think it is all media speculation. I know Woody loves him and I think Idzik likes him.

my prediction is over by halftime and my tv will be on the college game va tech and pitt by then...i expect another ugly thursday nighter

I can not wait to LOL @ the Jests tonight.

I am hoping for something similar to Thanksgiving 2012. Buttfumble part 2 would be great.

Perhaps Geno could come up with something original. Maybe he will get frustrated, take a snap, turn straight around and heave the ball out of the back of the endzone, and storm off of the field all pissed off like a big ****ing baby. That would be outstanding. :lol:

I can not wait to LOL @ the Jests tonight.

I am hoping for something similar to Thanksgiving 2012. Buttfumble part 2 would be great.

Perhaps Geno could come up with something original. Maybe he will get frustrated, take a snap, turn straight around and heave the ball out of the back of the endzone, and storm off of the field all pissed off like a big ****ing baby. That would be outstanding. :lol:

Stop it!!! Your getting me all excited:lol:

Back
Top Bottom