***Official N.Y. Jets @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official N.Y. Jets @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

thanks for a 4 quarter quality watch thursday nighter...damn...i wanted that kick to split the uprights...have to say pretty clean game from geno...no balls into coverage really made some nice throws...drop in the bucket over an undercutting revis td ball to cumberland placed spot on...running the ball with him entirely too much...if he makes it thru 16 games playing like that i will be floored...his pocket play still leaves a lot to be desired
He came up short getting them into a better position to win. Also couldn't finish drives. Can't win kicking FGs.

But he didn't turn the ball over which is an improvement and he showed some nice touch. The completion to Amaro just over Revis' hands was a perfect throw.

He came up short getting them into a better position to win. Also couldn't finish drives. Can't win kicking FGs.

But he didn't turn the ball over which is an improvement and he showed some nice touch. The completion to Amaro just over Revis' hands was a perfect throw.

2 of those FG drives were set back by penalties including one where he threw a TD pass. he did a great job w/ no TOs to get into FG range at the end of the game. as usual we had blown 2 TOs so that killed us.

2 of those FG drives were set back by penalties including one where he threw a TD pass. he did a great job w/ no TOs to get into FG range at the end of the game. as usual we had blown 2 TOs so that killed us.
Sorry but a 58 yard attempt is not a great job getting into position to win. It's the same argument you used against Tannehill which is correct.

As for the penalties that's an excuse. He couldn't finish drives.

jets ate up too much clock on their first 2 plays...well not the plays but taking the next snap really...they took the underneath back i think it was like they should but the tempo of lining up and getting the next play off was too long...that more than anything was why they ended up with a 58 yarder

Sorry but a 58 yard attempt is not a great job getting into position to win. It's the same argument you used against Tannehill which is correct.

As for the penalties that's an excuse. He couldn't finish drives.

he had a min left w/ no timeouts from his 10 yd line. he did a nice job. It is nothing like Tannehill last year vs. Bal. Ryan got the ball at his 20 w/ 1:42 to play at home. w/ 1:01 to play Ryan had a 1st down at the Bal 34, didn't gain another yard- actually took a sack and lost 5 yds.

Geno got the ball at his 12 w/ 1:06 to play. see any differences? basically Geno had it at his 12 w/ 1:06 to play, Ryan at Bal 34 w/ 1:01 to play but yeah exactly the same situations:lol:

he had a min left w/ no timeouts from his 10 yd line. he did a nice job. It is nothing like Tannehill last year vs. Bal. Ryan got the ball at his 20 w/ 1:42 to play at home. w/ 1:01 to play Ryan had a 1st down at the Bal 34, didn't gain another yard- actually took a sack and lost 5 yds.

Geno got the ball at his 12 w/ 1:06 to play. see any differences? basically Geno had it at his 12 w/ 1:06 to play, Ryan at Bal 34 w/ 1:01 to play but yeah exactly the same situations:lol:
Wrong game. Tannehills rookie season at home against the Jets. Carpenter missed twice on makable FGs. Your argument was that 48 and 53 were not makable. Apparently your thoughts on what is makable have changed since it's now a Jets QB we are discussing.

Wrong game. Tannehills rookie season at home against the Jets. Carpenter missed twice on makable FGs. Your argument was that 48 and 53 were not makable. Apparently your thoughts on what is makable have changed since it's now a Jets QB we are discussing.
what was similar exactly? man you guys really reach. the man had a minute on the clock w/ no TOs at his 12 yd line. I assume that is very similar to throwing a pick 6 and missing a WIDE OPEN Hartline for the GW TD in OT where the clock was never an issue.

I never said the kicks Carpenter made were not makeable, I noted they weren't chip shots as obviously a 57-58 yarder is not either but he did a good job to give us a chance.

what was similar exactly? man you guys really reach. the man had a minute on the clock w/ no TOs at his 12 yd line. I assume that is very similar to throwing a pick 6 and missing a WIDE OPEN Hartline for the GW TD in OT where the clock was never an issue.

I never said the kicks Carpenter made were not makeable, I noted they weren't chip shots as obviously a 57-58 yarder is not either but he did a good job to give us a chance.
Selective memory no surprise. We'll leave it at that. Bottom line, he had a minute on the clock and couldn't get his team in position to win. In his best game in some time he failed when you needed him most.

Selective memory no surprise. We'll leave it at that. Bottom line, he had a minute on the clock and couldn't get his team in position to win. In his best game in some time he failed when you needed him most.

you are reaching more than usual. the games and situations have no similarities btw them. the man had a min left and was at his 12 w/ no TOs. did you expect a 30 yd attempt? to get into FG range was a good job.

Geno failed in what is probably one of the biggest games of his life...sound famialiar?:chuckle:

Geno failed in what is probably one of the biggest games of his life...sound famialiar?:chuckle:

yep, he was awful. very similar to Ryan. 25 pts on the road at NE w/ no TOs and setting up for GW FG for a 1-5 team is exactly like leading O to 7 pts TOTAL in 2 games against NYJ and Buf needing one win to make playoffs. you got me.

yep, he was awful. very similar to Ryan. 25 pts on the road at NE w/ no TOs and setting up for GW FG for a 1-5 team is exactly like leading O to 7 pts TOTAL in 2 games against NYJ and Buf needing one win to make playoffs. you got me.
Your wasting your time with that defensive crap. Every time you have no response it comes out. I predicted it to myself when I responded to Hoops. Your like a text book.

Unlike you I can criticize my QB and recognize mistakes he made. No excuse for his performances in those games. Which leads us back to Geno Smith. He had a minute left and failed to get the Jets in a good position to win.

Perhaps you should re-read my post where I said he had a nice game with the exception of leading his team at the end.

Your wasting your time with that defensive crap. Every time you have no response it comes out. I predicted it to myself when I responded to Hoops. Your like a text book.

Unlike you I can criticize my QB and recognize mistakes he made. No excuse for his performances in those games. Which leads us back to Geno Smith. He had a minute left and failed to get the Jets in a good position to win.

Perhaps you should re-read my post where I said he had a nice game with the exception of leading his team at the end.

you are so clueless it's not even funny. Stop making crap up. Your comparison was nonsense just like your posts bashing me for something I never said.

a minute left on the road at his 12 w/ no TOs left and you are bashing the guy for setting up a potential GW FG.

You can criticize your QB? I can't criticize mine? have you read my posts? where have I not criticized Geno? I won't criticize a non issue like you are trying to create but I have been critical of him for 2 years. please stop making crap up.

you are so clueless it's not even funny. Stop making crap up. Your comparison was nonsense just like your posts bashing me for something I never said.

a minute left on the road at his 12 w/ no TOs left and you are bashing the guy for setting up a potential GW FG.

You can criticize your QB? I can't criticize mine? have you read my posts? where have I not criticized Geno? I won't criticize a non issue like you are trying to create but I have been critical of him for 2 years. please stop making crap up.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom