***Official N.Y. Jets @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread*** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official N.Y. Jets @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

That's why I won't get in to long lengthy debates with him. It's just not that important to me.

Wow, so Tannehill started on the 20, a whole 8 yards closer to the endzone than Geno in last year's Ravens game. Fact is, he got Sturgis one yard closer at 57 than Geno did Folk at 58. The fact that penalties nullified a closer, more makeable FG is no excuse. That's on poor coaching, just as no time outs are on the Glorified DC who has now won a shade over 40% of his games since imploding in game 14 in 2011. Last night's relative ineptitude in the redzone because of penalties? Hell, isn't holding a likely reason why those plays worked at all? Not a valid excuse.

And as far as Sturgis's 57 yard FG miss? Who's to say if it was from the 42, where it should have been if the Fins got the same pushing call that the Jets got vs the Pats, it wouldn't have been made? The reality is that both teams ended up 8-8 because of that inconsistent call that season.

To quote junc back in '12 when Carpenter blew 2 FGs:
every team has plays they think they should have made. Against us we dropped a sure TD costing us 4 pts, they gave you a bad call which set up a TD(giving you 4 extra points) and you missed 2 LONG FGs.

You are 1-3 and deserve to be 1-3.

those Kicks were near 50 yarders. The differnece in that game was our QB set up a chip shot to win the ga,e yours set up a near 50 yarder. We deserved to win the game.

(and then of course dispensing with the "feel good" woulda/shoulda/coulda/moral victories:
I see numerous things you guys should feel good about but the record is still 1-3.

the jest are 1-5 and deserve to be 1-5

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...1!!!!!&p=1064442911&viewfull=1-post1064442911

Officials missed field-goal push call in Ravens-Dolphins game
Posted by Mike Florio on October 22, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
Ravens AP

Given Sunday’s game between the Patriots and the Jets, everybody knows about Rule 9, Article 1, Section 3(2)(b) of the rulebook.

Before that, not many people did. Including game officials, apparently.

As explained by Albert Breer of NFL Network, the Ravens violated the rule against pushing players on the line of scrimmage in field-goal formation during a late 57-yard try from the Dolphins. The kick, if successful, would have tied the game. The kick, if it had come 15 yards closer after the flag that wasn’t thrown, may have been good.

Per Breer, the Dolphins gave the tape to the NFL, and the league conceded (privately) that the call was missed.

A review of the coaches film available via the NFL’s Game Rewind service conducted by PFT (that sounds so official) shows that Chris Canty was lined up between, but slightly behind, Arthur Jones and Haloti Ngata. After the snap, Canty got behind Jones and pushed.

The temptation to skirt the rule surely increases on longer field-goal attempts, when the trajectory of the kick necessarily is lower. In those situations, a strong push could result in a blocked kick.

The league thereafter decided to make the rule a point of emphasis, prompting V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino to send out a video explaining that game officials would be watching for future violations.

While some Patriots fans may point to the failure to flag the Ravens as further proof of a ****eyed conspiracy against the franchise that parlayed the tuck rule into its first Super Bowl win, the broader point is that the enforcement of the rule was, before Sunday, a work in progress. The Patriots either didn’t understand the rule or deliberately rolled the dice on the 56-yard attempt from Nick Folk, hoping the flag wouldn’t be thrown.

Either way, no one can claim ignorance of the rule going forward.

And of course, there should be no expectation of making a long FG or speculating what could or should have alternatively happened as junc has conveniently argued over the years going back to the several games where Carpenter missed FGs that could well have made a difference in several games and ditto Sturgis last season... not to mention Kaedig missing his makeable 57 yarder as well as chip shots 36 & 40 in the 09 playoff game where Sanchez crapped the bed, scored on a Rivers interception at the 20 field position, handed off to Greene for a 54 yard TD run and "set up" his own kicker from the 46 LOL.

Whether it was Geno screwing up, or the coaching as far as penalties and terrible field management, thinking the game should have been winable when boiling down to a questionable 57 yard field goal is "speculative fantasy" at its best. Last night's game was the opposite of the warning printed on the passenger sideview mirror: "this game was not as close as it appeared."

yep, he was awful. very similar to Ryan. 25 pts on the road at NE w/ no TOs and setting up for GW FG for a 1-5 team is exactly like leading O to 7 pts TOTAL in 2 games against NYJ and Buf needing one win to make playoffs. you got me.

If you haven't noticed, 98% of the board hates Tannehill so you sticking to your guns claiming people are saying he's awesome is completely false.

Rex has the worst coaching record in the division the last 3 years 15-24...wont be long now.

Rex has the worst coaching record in the division the last 3 years 15-24...wont be long now.

Actually going back to the implosion in '11 when they were 8-5 facing 3 teams with losing records, it's actually 15-27. (you know, the year that some vets including future HOF'er LT recounted that he was clueless while the clubhouse was exploding and coddling the inept QB). 2009 was proven to be a Polian gift, so if you think about it, outside of 2010, he has not had a legitimate winning record, nor a division title, even in his one legit year.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

If you haven't noticed, 98% of the board hates Tannehill so you sticking to your guns claiming people are saying he's awesome is completely false.

and 99.5% of 3 jets boards hated Sanchez a year or more before he was done; apparently the team that knew him best did also as well as any teams in the market for a starting QB, and most in the market for a backup).

what was similar exactly? man you guys really reach. the man had a minute on the clock w/ no TOs at his 12 yd line. I assume that is very similar to throwing a pick 6 and missing a WIDE OPEN Hartline for the GW TD in OT where the clock was never an issue.

I never said the kicks Carpenter made were not makeable, I noted they weren't chip shots as obviously a 57-58 yarder is not either but he did a good job to give us a chance.

Seriously. You are the one reaching and changing rhyme and reason (not that you actually can reason in the first place).

Here is a reach: Jets 1-6

Reach? Naaaaaaaaa. Reality.

That's why I won't get in to long lengthy debates with him. It's just not that important to me.

you don't b/c you look silly when you do like in this instance. you are absolutely nuts.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

he is the one who brought him, please try to keep up in the discussions.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

he was in 2nd place last year and very well may end up there again this year. Long way to go.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Actually going back to the implosion in '11 when they were 8-5 facing 3 teams with losing records, it's actually 15-27. (you know, the year that some vets including future HOF'er LT recounted that he was clueless while the clubhouse was exploding and coddling the inept QB). 2009 was proven to be a Polian gift, so if you think about it, outside of 2010, he has not had a legitimate winning record, nor a division title, even in his one legit year.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

and 99.5% of 3 jets boards hated Sanchez a year or more before he was done; apparently the team that knew him best did also as well as any teams in the market for a starting QB, and most in the market for a backup).

and 98% of those folks are wishing we had Sanchez right now.

he was in 2nd place last year and very well may end up there again this year. Long way to go

WOW...2nd place in the division...did he get a trophy? Still worst coaching record over the last 3 years:lol2:

No, to the contrary, the overwhelming majority of realists on JetNation.. actually would prefer to take their chances with what's behind Curtain Number 3... like Marcus Mariota. To the majority of them, Geno may look awful but Sanchez doesn't get to look better in the rear view mirror.

No, to the contrary, the overwhelming majority of realists on JetNation.. actually would prefer to take their chances with what's behind Curtain Number 3... like Marcus Mariota. To the majority of them, Geno may look awful but Sanchez doesn't get to look better in the rear view mirror.

I should care about average fans why? most fans want new QBs and new HCs every 2 years. I don't worry about what most people think. those are the same people that will want Mariota gone in 2 years.

I should care about average fans why? most fans want new QBs and new HCs every 2 years. I don't worry about what most people think. those are the same people that will want Mariota gone in 2 years.

You could be right, that may well be.. (as we can somewhat see here in the main forum), but after 4 years, it looks like on JN "familiarity bred contempt"

I don't understand why Geno always looks so good against us and looks so awful against everyone else.

Anyway, we can't stop the run now. Life without Mayo may be hard. Hopefully we find a way but our previously vaunted defense looked like absolute crap with Mayo gone.

I don't understand why Geno always looks so good against us and looks so awful against everyone else.

Anyway, we can't stop the run now. Life without Mayo may be hard. Hopefully we find a way but our previously vaunted defense looked like absolute crap with Mayo gone.

It is because it's a division game. Division games can go anyway.

Back
Top Bottom